lookl

[MOC] Modern Library

This is my first modern building - LIBRARY.

Front walls are mostly glass from their bottom to the top. They are completed with shutters and ivy and formed in a best way to show the corner shaft of the lift. The whole building is covered by the steel metal roof hemming.

The building consists of two levels only - the ground floor and the 1st floor. In the inside of the library we can find lots of bookshelves, a reading room, a customer service and a toilet.  A minifig can go to the first floor by the lift which works automaticallly and is based on a power function set (comprised of typical motor and battery box only). When the lift reaches the top or the bottom of the building it turns off automatically.

YdCbbC6.jpg

The whole modular consists of 2734 pieces so it's only a little bit bigger than the official Lego sets.

48681847847_a747dcb06b_b.jpgModern Library by Łukasz Libuszewski, on Flickr

48681677766_17ea030894_b.jpgModern Library by Łukasz Libuszewski, on Flickr

48681847717_a134368d89_b.jpgModern Library by Łukasz Libuszewski, on Flickr

48681677556_e4677c9a72_b.jpgModern Library by Łukasz Libuszewski, on Flickr

48681335033_2220ee5929_b.jpgModern Library by Łukasz Libuszewski, on Flickr

Edited by lookl

It looks really striking. Very nice. Clean and neat and quite realistic with its outer design and interior.:classic: Is it made after a particular real building? 

13 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Is it made after a particular real building? 

It is my own idea / design. I Don't search for inspiration building :P

13 hours ago, pooda said:

Put that on Lego Ideas! I'll support it immediately. 

Thanks, but I don't like "ideas", and any others Lego contests. I am more happy when people build the same building using building instructions :)

43 minutes ago, lookl said:

It is my own idea / design. I Don't search for inspiration building :P

We all get our inspirations from somewhere. Nothing comes from nothing. :wink: Still very nicely done!

I've always liked your approach to modulars: very thought-out. Everything has a purpose and a reason. You have made many of the top-class non-official modular designs, I really like your careful approach. This is no exception; everything is perfect: piece usage, colours but especially shaping and proportions, which is what I enjoy most in your designs: you can hardly point out any "but"s. The different sections always connect immensely well. I love it. :wub:

Really well done build, and something I haven't seen in Lego form so far.

It strongly reminds me of modern churches though, so the style is far from unique (not a bad thing!). Gives it quite a "temple of knowledge" vibe to me. :thumbup:

Amazing design! This could win an architectural price if build in reality.

Edited by peedeejay

A beautiful modern design. I'm not exited about modern designs, but this one stands out. Also adding some foliage softens the strict exterior and gives more life to the building. Cleverly built library sign.:thumbup: