WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71025 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19

71025 LEGO Minifigures - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire LEGO CMFs Series 19?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for LEGO CMFs Series 19?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Does this current traditional CMFs series live up to your expectation?

Thanks for the review. A CMF release is never complete without the traditional WhiteFang review. 

Just as you, I feel this series lacks a little bit of.... let's say "charm". 

The recent financial report from TLG says that City is still a top seller (if not THE top seller). So its only natural for the CMF to bet for a City-heavy line. I think we should expect something similar in the upcoming CMFs. If that what makes money for them, then that's what they'll put on the shelves. 

But nowdays regular City minifigures in sets are so detailed that the City CMFs dont look so special anymore. Also, City gets several sets per year, including people packs and the advent calendar. I think thats why this series doesnt look as appealing as others. It almost feels like another City set. 

But the are some very nice ones in this line nonetheless: Fox Suit Girl, Bounty Hunter, Fright Knight, Jungle Explorer and Mummy Queen are my favorites. 

Very nice review.  Great job again on all the figs and your little scenes with other CMF's.  I personally love the Knight and Monkey King.  I also got a Mummy Queen.  All are very nice but the detail on the Monkey King and Knight are great.  

Great review :)

After seeing them in real life i like them much more, but i think it lacks charm, too.

I don't get why the paper showing the whole series is now bigger than the old ones. Even when there were more figures than 16 in a series the pictures were printed smaller to keep the same size. It looked nice to put two of the DinA5-papers in a transparent sheet... 

Edited by Gorilla94

I've been waiting for this review for days - now I bought the figs I liked in absence of your review. :wink:

A nice but not really outstanding series IMHO. I really was surprised to see the Dog Sitter comes with two dogs! Very welcome! :thumbup: And the torso of the programmer!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Very poor IMHO are the Mummy Queen (I accidently got one by mis-feeling the Gardener :wall:) and the Fire Fighter. I'm also not into Rugby, so that figure didn't do anything for me as well.

So that's what I got:

71025-3.jpg?20190801022671025-5.jpg?20190801023271025-6.jpg?20190801023771025-1.jpg?201908010210

71025-13.jpg?20190801024771025-12.jpg?20190801024671025-2.jpg?201908010215

71025-11.jpg?201908010244just for the creature71025-15.jpg?201908010250just for the torso and wanted sign

On 9/3/2019 at 4:52 PM, parsom said:

Meanwhile - this series probably will not be available in Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Ukraine). Thank you, Lego!

If I our someone else can help out with a box or certain bags, let me know!

Thanks for the review, WF! I ended up with saying "deuces" to the Firewoman and Bounty Hunter, but maybe I'll revisit them for parts down the road. The Fright Knight is great in person, though I wish they had used different molds for the sword and helmet.

On 9/6/2019 at 1:35 AM, Gorilla94 said:

I don't get why the paper showing the whole series is now bigger than the old ones. Even when there were more figures than 16 in a series the pictures were printed smaller to keep the same size. It looked nice to put two of the DinA5-papers in a transparent sheet... 

I hate the flier change, too. It's pretty thin/cheap paper, so I'd guess it is more biodegradable, even with the increased sheet size.

On 9/3/2019 at 4:52 PM, parsom said:

Meanwhile - this series probably will not be available in Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Ukraine). Thank you, Lego!

It is available in Hungary.

Excellent review as always.  I am however surprised you didn't place more emphasis on the alternate face for the mummy queen.  The gold mask is a far more useful face print.  You can use that in city museums and in historical Egyptian builds.  That is easily one of if not the best mummy Lego has made.

The monkey king has the first 3 long red bar and it comes with an extra.  I can finally fix the incorrect brown bar on Ecto-1.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments. I am sure everyone is doing their best to search for their favourite minifigures in this series. :sweet: 

On 9/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, Roebuck said:

Ideally a couple of the figs could have been changed with a native American and a pirate related fig to make the series less city based, but as long as I get all the animals I am a happy camper :grin:

That will be a great "exchange" for a native American or Pirates. 

On 9/5/2019 at 6:18 PM, Herisanmi said:

As a ex rugby player, this series is fantastic for me!! I will buy 15 rugby players to have a complete team. The opponents? Umm, I will transform the soccer player from previous series! However, the dark green helment does not represent accurately the scrum cap, lacking the chin strap and being more thick. However, I will put different hair pieces on my team, and they will look like a real team, with differences between them!

Fine idea indeed. I had never played rugby and I thought the current helmet is pretty good. Do hope if CMFs ever make a competing variant, I will certainly hope we will have a new helmet with chin strap. 

On 9/6/2019 at 6:22 AM, Robert8 said:

The recent financial report from TLG says that City is still a top seller (if not THE top seller). So its only natural for the CMF to bet for a City-heavy line. I think we should expect something similar in the upcoming CMFs. If that what makes money for them, then that's what they'll put on the shelves. 

But nowdays regular City minifigures in sets are so detailed that the City CMFs dont look so special anymore. Also, City gets several sets per year, including people packs and the advent calendar. I think thats why this series doesnt look as appealing as others. It almost feels like another City set. 

Agreed that this CMFs is lack of charm, which make me felt a little less overwhelmed due to it being City-centric. You are right on your observation where current City minifigures are very detailed and it does seem less appealing on its own. Whereas, we are now viewing the City CMFs in Series 19 for the accompanying new accessories to determine whether if is useful or popular. Kind of defeat the purpose of having an unique CMFs design. 

On 9/7/2019 at 6:00 PM, Holodoc said:

I've been waiting for this review for days - now I bought the figs I liked in absence of your review. :wink:

Great work, Holodoc. I am glad you got most of your fave minifigures. I hope the review will help you to reinforce some of the other minifigures in your borderline listing. 

19 hours ago, Lord Insanity said:

Excellent review as always.  I am however surprised you didn't place more emphasis on the alternate face for the mummy queen.  The gold mask is a far more useful face print.  You can use that in city museums and in historical Egyptian builds.  That is easily one of if not the best mummy Lego has made.

To be honest, the Mummy Queen was one of the less exciting minifigure in this series for me. Though I agree that the alternate face is useful. That's not exactly a game changer for me. 

I am not sure how long the distributions of a sample box will be useful. There have been a number of reports that boxes do not contain the "correct" distribution, and LEGO states this on their website for the box of 60:

PLEASE NOTE: each ‘mystery’ bag contains one of the Series 19 minifigure characters available in this collection. This box includes 60 'mystery' bags and at least one complete collection.

So there official line is that you should get at least one complete collection, presumably to cover themselves if the distributions are no longer fixed like in previous series sealed boxes. Although there have been complaints where customers have received zero of one figure in a sealed box.

14 hours ago, MAB said:

I am not sure how long the distributions of a sample box will be useful. There have been a number of reports that boxes do not contain the "correct" distribution, and LEGO states this on their website for the box of 60:

PLEASE NOTE: each ‘mystery’ bag contains one of the Series 19 minifigure characters available in this collection. This box includes 60 'mystery' bags and at least one complete collection.

So there official line is that you should get at least one complete collection, presumably to cover themselves if the distributions are no longer fixed like in previous series sealed boxes. Although there have been complaints where customers have received zero of one figure in a sealed box.

Thanks for highlighting. I didn’t know it is amended to state this disclaimer. I start to notice in recent series where the box is no longer sealed when I received it. Hence, I wonder if that’s the reason for this disclaimer. 

Cheers for putting up the review, always a pleasure to read.
I like this series a lot, many of them will fit in nicely into our city.