Lasse D

[MOC] 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray in Scale 1:20

3new_sides1_bs.jpg

This is my take on the new C8 Corvette which was released recently. It is the first mid-engined Corvette and is going to retail for less than $60k in the US. With the performance numbers it is putting out, it might become one of the greatest disruptions we have seen in recent times.

3new_sides2_bs.jpg

Characteristic for this model are the side scoops which you can option with contrasting colors (I have had a lot of fun with the online configurator), the mid-engined proportions and hard angles, such as at the engine cover, rear wing, nose and headlights.

3new_sides3_bs.jpg

The most challenging part of the model was to get the nose and headlights right. This is how I started out:

5_construction_4_days_bs.jpg

The headlights on the real car have LEG strips on the sides, but I was simply unable to fit them into the space available.

4lt1_front_bs.jpg

The nose was also a bit too tall and I wanted to include the winglets in the side intakes. It took me a day, but I was able to make the updates to the front:

3upgraded_front_bs.jpg

Other changes from this version to the one you see in the top include new side intakes, updated windscreen and other minor improvements.

Now. Would you like to see a fake engine and transparent engine cover?

Looks great! The shaping of the front and back looks very accurate to the real one! An engine inside would be cool!

Although not a fan of black pieces to represent windows, I have to say the shaping is beautiful, great model!! and well done, personally I prefer absence of pieces (windows) and just the pillars being represented, not sure if the windows here are structural or could be done that way? look forward to more MOC from you as always

Thanks for the feedback. I am thinking of how I can show a Targa version with the interior visible. This will require a different approach to the windscreen.

But first. The engine:

2new_engine3_bs.jpg

The middle section had to be rebuilt to make way for the engine. The changes have primarily been on the rear window surrounds, where it works best with the section built upside-down. Unfortunately this is a goodbye to the grilles, but square holes are also fairly true to the original A new detail has also been added to the top with the rear view camera.

2new_engine1_bs.jpg

Thanks. You are not the only one to make that comment, and I will try to make the windscreen on the convertible transparent as it does not need side windows.

I have now made a video of the model showing how it is constructed. The building instructions introduce a new feature: Choose your own color. And unlike on other websites, the color change here is free :)

The free building instructions are here: https://brickhub.org/i/492

Wow! I actually like the black windows. I think they look cool. Thank you very much for the video and the instructions. I’m normally more interested in Technic building, but am very curious to learn how you achieve these amazing curves and lines. 

The prayers of many have been heard. The model now comes in convertible version with transparent windscreen and interior!

Building instructions can be found here: https://brickhub.org/i/553 and you can again choose your own color if gray is not your first choice.

In the video I demonstrate how the folding hard top works. Here is how it looks with the top up:

c8c_3.jpg

And down:

c8c_4.jpg

The interior includes details, such as supportive racing seats with headrests that are mounted almost like in the real car (The video shows pictures for comparison), a swooping center console (where the real car has screens), and chrome went detailing.

I have received a request for the racing version (C8R), but I also have some other cars in the pipeline. Hopefully I can show a lot of new models these weeks. Enjoy!

Stunning work Lasse.:wub: the only thing that i personal don't like is the windschream and know there is no good solution for that.:wink: