TheCreatorr

Death Star Hangar Bay MOC

This is my very own Death Star Hangar Bay MOC built of LEGO bricks: 

o_1diiqo711pvv1md5cq511ep1um710.jpg

o_1diiqo711pvkb4nhq7hbi1aaav.png

o_1diir0tpt1bfo10p51q93j083d91p.png

My Death Star Hangar Bay represents a corner piece from an Imperial Hangar Bay. The MOC features two of the iconic round arches on the sides of the Hangar with Imperial lights, the turbolift, ground markings, a perfectly rounded white floodgate as an "entrance and exit" for spaceships, as well as many wall details such as piping and blue glowing ventilation slots. Also included are 3 cargo containers.

--> Purchasable Instruction Manual and XML-Parts List available in my own shop: https://payhip.com/b/PaZT 

You can follow me on flickr or take a look at more Star Wars MOCs of mine: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the-creatorr/ 

What do you guys think ? :classic: 

13 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Nice overall shaping and an excellent fit with the tie fighter. Good Job!

@marvelBoy123 Thank you dude! Really appreciate it :blush:

10 hours ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

Nice abstract idea of what a full size hanger would look like!

The TIE is cool in a way that it looks like a scaled down version of the UCS set!

@LiLmeFromDaFuture I am also very thankful for your kind words :). 

I liked the idea of just designing the key pieces of an Death Star Hangar Bay / Imperial Hangar Bay and to make everything together nevertheless authentic and accurate. 

*huh*

FANTASTIC looking MOC!  Just...a perfect representation of that sleek, sterile Imperial aesthetic - in a vignette-style build!  That goes for all of the MOCers that achieve a large and detailed hangar bay creation like this.  Recent elements can really make a MOC like this shine.  The glowing 'lights' on the sides of the ribbed walls are perfectly shaped with the 1x1 tile with curved edge. 

Awesome work, thanks for sharing!

Very nice MOC and a perfect way to display the Tie! It would look perfect as a book end with the Tie, a few imperial engineers and inept Stormtroopers mulling around, maybe an exasperated Vader yelling at them to do some work. Great job.

On 9/2/2019 at 10:08 PM, lowlead said:

*huh*

FANTASTIC looking MOC!  Just...a perfect representation of that sleek, sterile Imperial aesthetic - in a vignette-style build!  That goes for all of the MOCers that achieve a large and detailed hangar bay creation like this.  Recent elements can really make a MOC like this shine.  The glowing 'lights' on the sides of the ribbed walls are perfectly shaped with the 1x1 tile with curved edge. 

Awesome work, thanks for sharing!

@lowlead Thank you so so much !!! :blush:  it means a lot to me if someone likes my MOCs so much and uses the words „fantastic“, „awesome“ and „perfect representation“ :). 

Exactly, the 1x1 tiles with half curved edges are just perfect to represent Imperial „Lights“. My goal was to build the Hangar Bay module to minifig scale, but also to implement as much finer details from the source materials as I could, like ANH, ROTJ and Rebels. 

12 hours ago, mcphatty said:

Very nice MOC and a perfect way to display the Tie! It would look perfect as a book end with the Tie, a few imperial engineers and inept Stormtroopers mulling around, maybe an exasperated Vader yelling at them to do some work. Great job.

@mcphatty Thank you very much :blush:. I really didn’t thought that my MOC would receive such a wave of positive response! :) 

One day I sat at my desk and I looked over to my shelf, and I thought „Hmm, what if I built an Imperial Hangar Bay that would 1. fit perfectly into the square compartments of the shelf and 2. which could host my own Tie Fighter MOC. And that started it all ... :). 

I plan to buy the missing parts in the future, and then I will post pictures of bustling Stormies and Tie Pilots, ... and Vader shouldn’t be missing :wink:

11 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

I am a big fan of the hole in the floor

@LEGODrongo01 I‘m glad to hear that :). I tried to indicate the depth of the elevator shaft with Imperial Lights on the inside as well as trans-clear plates.