Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Fabuland Functioning Walrus' Shanty

builders_guild.gifindexed.gif

Hey!

Here's another Fabuland MOC. This has been finished for a while, but I had to wait for some figures to arrive. This Fabuland MOC is a little different, as it has a motor!

The concept: At high tide, a boat drifts and beaches itself on a rock. As the tide recedes, the boat remains stuck on top of the rock and wobbily rocks back and forth.

(A huge thank you to Hinckley and Brickchic for the figures! :wub: )

1-61.jpg

Mechanism:

2-57.jpg

3-50.jpg

4-6.jpg

5-5.jpg

6-5.jpg

Clam-puffs! :sick:

7-3.jpg

8-3.jpg

9-1.jpg

And see the video here:

Can't wait to hear what you think! :sweet:

Wow this is great work, i love that there's movement in it.

The building and scenery is done very nicely as well! :thumbup:

Watching the movie it isn't to hard to see the boot bashing around on the waves..

I was thinking of making some apparatus to move my ships on the waves, with the waves actually moving, so this is very inspiring!

An astounding creation.... the shanty´s brilliant in it´s shape and the blue Fabuland windows look great on the brown tiles.

The nest on top looks good, the rock work rocks, the motorized rowboat rocks too ( :tongue: ) and the wood with its

marine ornamentation fits in perfectly with the beautiful palm tree. :thumbup:

But the detail I like the best is for sure your small pieces of strand, scattered with Asteroidea and Mollusca, covered with

window panes like with the soft touch of late seawater, captured only by the sheer charm of your MOC. :sadnew:

And clam cream on!

That is amazing and beautiful.

I love the rockpools and the bird's nest is genius in its simplicity.

:wub:

You, my friend, are MOC-making-machine!

Awesome Shanty (and tractor)!

This is an amazing creation! I like the water where you trap the crab there. Seemed to be in the water. The trees are nice too. Everything fits in very nice! :thumbup:

Man! One great Fabuland MOC after another! I can't keep up! :wacko:

This is really great. I love the shack and the boat on the rocks but I have to say the tide pool is my favorite part.

Fantastic work! :thumbup:

:cry_happy:

Awesome! It couldn't be better. Youre a real genius at that age with LEGO. ^_^

Simpy brilliant :wub:

I absolutely love the cartoony look of everything in this MOC - the palm tree is great, it looks like something straight out of a Dr Seuss book, and the oddly angled walls look really cool. The rocks look great, and the starfish under the clear bricks look wonderful. Finally, the bird nest is just hilarious :laugh:

Great work, Sir Nadroj! :thumbup::thumbup:

Very nice! :wub: That walrus looks familiar; what's his name? He has fine taste in buckets I see. :tongue: Loads of great details as always; the rock pools are probably my favourite part.

That function seems to be using a micromotor. If so, is it good? I have heard that they can be un-reliable, but I would love one just the same!

This is terriffic.

I like the clickits shells in the remaing waters between the rocks. so Great.

Sorry so late to write back. :blush: Thanks for the kind words. :cry_happy:

Very nice! :wub: That walrus looks familiar; what's his name? He has fine taste in buckets I see. :tongue: Loads of great details as always; the rock pools are probably my favourite part.

That function seems to be using a micromotor. If so, is it good? I have heard that they can be un-reliable, but I would love one just the same!

He doesn't have a name. :tongue: But I just got my Sinner fig in the mail. :wub:

The motor is one of those little red ones (maybe micromotor/I don't know the name :grin: ). It's worked fine, expect for one time. Other than that, it's good. :classic: