Sign in to follow this  
Elephant Knight

Spanish Galleon Enviar

Those who follow me on Flickr will have already seen this WIP. Those same people should also know I like building creations based on official Lego sets (like most space themes, blacktron especially, castle themes, and of course, Pirates)

My current WIP boat is a Spanish galleon, based on this one built by my dad before I was born, but which is now mine.

48650909141_89be8818d6.jpgSpanish Galleon by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

The current work in progress:

48628170081_20e783991f.jpgEnviar WIP by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

Too colourful for your tastes? Well, that's the colours of the Armada Flagship, so it's what I'm going with.

EKnight

It's nice to know another one of your beautiful ships is already underway! It's not often that you find MOCs related to the armada so I look forward to seeing the outcome. The only thing I'd recommend changing up would be the stern. I'm aware that a galleon's stern is common to jut out, but it's often at an angle which makes the outcome more appealing. I'd recommend using some hinges to give the top a nice angle. You could either use the hinge bricks or just go a style similar to that of the Barracuda. I'd also recommend using more inverted slopes for the back and trying to not have too much of an overhang at the top. Anyhow, I know it's a work in a progress so I just thought I'd share some input I think would turn out quite well; however, it's totally your creation so due as you please. 

In my opinion, other than that the ship is looking excellent and I absolutely love the green railings on the top! Great job! 

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the foremast leaning forward? *oh2* You really did go all-the-way with the details! You know, I never liked the way galleons are shaped compared to other square-rigged vessels, but the colors on this model are very appealing to its (ungainly) curves. The main thing is that it looks decidedly Lego, and it doesn't seem out of place to have plastic men aboard. Does that strike anybody else as strange about this niche hobby? That some fellows are excellent at getting every last hairpin and ratline right on a model ship, and then populate it with disproportionate minifigures! :tongue:

Well done, if I may say so myself!

MAC

That turned of beautifully! Can't wait to see it with a crew, sails, and rigging! You are totally spot on with the very odd Armada color scheme! Once again, in my opinion, those green railings are so beautiful on this ship and the curves you did for them look great! 

It was already mentioned above, but the color scheme suits so well to this galleon! Great job Elephnat Knight :pir-classic:

Ship is finished now!

48971950766_91f8b37c1f.jpgEnviar (4) by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

And yes, the foremast and mizzen mast are angled.

48971396688_53d87d18dd.jpgEnviar (16) by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

The better shots seem to be from the rear

48971949056_0351a1f68d.jpgEnviar (9) by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

48971400318_d8f02d0ecb.jpgEnviar (5) by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

48971947041_8a13a4df66.jpgEnviar (15) by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

Yeah, the one door is broken

Please tell me what you think!

EKnight

It follows the original model very good, so great job with that!

Not sure if I am a big fan of the classic colourscheme, but then again, it adds some touch of nostalgia to the Galleon, which is always nice :)

But most of all, a very big congratz on the awesome rigging!

I love it! The colors are very mixed up but it looks like a fantasy world pirate ship. absolutely love it.