Zilmrud

Barrunda Manor

Barrunda Manor is a big farm and land in the eastern parts of Zamorah Shire. The Manor is now named after the owner of the Manor but in historic records it’s named Zephyr Hill. The Manor has got a old main building and large areas of land. In later days the Manor has become a big farm and also a tavern for locals or travlers.

48646185518_5cf50db99a.jpg

Sir Ganda Barrunda is a former member of The Aurum Order in the mountain city Zamorah. He was a rising member in the order that had some of the more questionable ways of getting into power. The Manor was awarded to him for his great and honorable work. Some say it also was to get rid of him…

Sir Ganda and his wife Alma moved to the manor recently. The have some enemies from old times so they feel that they have to have a guard at their side all the time.

48646681147_4b2936c918_n.jpg  48646184748_81e5a05abf_n.jpg

48646184528_ca97a2f628_n.jpg   48646544976_eef6211db6_n.jpg

The newer barn is from the time when the Manor started farming business. On the farm they have many kinds of livestock such as cows, chickens, pigs and others. 

48646546026_b3b8f58006_n.jpg   48646183188_bc0b8fd7cb_n.jpg

48646183103_98d7b25f02_n.jpg

The farm has alot of peasants working on the farm and in the fields. They mostly live in the many small cottages and huts around the land of the manor.

48646184458_c5b624813d_n.jpg  48646680032_ebc52fee22_n.jpg 

48646544186_a10f010836_n.jpg

There are many different kinds of crops on the lands, like wheat, corn and carrots

48646184103_8fa2eb9f32_n.jpg  48646544616_8bbcfc4bc1_n.jpg

48646183613_04abd0866e_n.jpg

Extra Photos

48646681697_6916d4a4f0_n.jpg  48646185183_1b23d839f1_n.jpg

48646681232_fe39c02b52_n.jpg  48646680092_bb169e3db5_n.jpg

Spoiler

This build got alot bigger than I intended it to do. Mostly because I became a bit tired of it. When I started with the main house it got bigger because I wanted to try some new build techniques, like the leaning walls, the front “tower” and the roof. When the house became big I also had to extend the other buildings. The barn I built first, so when it became the smaller building I had to tweek the story a bit.

The arch window technique is @adde51's creation from Mophet Training Ground.

The crows around the scarecrow is actually me being pissed off about the birds that do their business on my porch even if I have this bright reflecting spinning that supposed to scare them away.

The name of the Sir Ganda Barrunda started when I wanted to come up with a name of the build. So I looked on the crest and googled “two-headed BIRD”. So Gandberunda is a mythological creature from india. Then I tweeked the name a bit and had a laugh. Barrunda is the swedish name for bar-hop. So the tavern can be a part of a bar-hop.

Edited by Zilmrud

Turned out great man, as always a lot of really interesting little details to look at. Awesome!

Just now, adde51 said:

Turned out great man, as always a lot of really interesting little details to look at. Awesome!

Thanks bro!

3 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Quite fantastic, I like the crops of corn! 

Thanks man! 

I really like that tan roof!  Nice wedge plate texture and the brown rafters coming out of the top.  Great way to do corn too!

Great work all around this build ! I especially enjoy the slanted pathway leading up to the manor's front door, along with the (ineffective) scarecrow! Your roofing is always a plus as well!

Nice build! Many fine details. I like all the animals you use.

After walking around in the garden it will be nice to take a "barrunda" in the tavern.:wink:

This build is really spectacular.  I enjoy your builds anyway, as I personally like their aesthetics, but you really shine with these detailed builds.  The consistency of the small details, like the barnyard gates, and then the pigs, cows, and chickens, especially with the pigs rolling in the mud, are great.  The overall scale is quite impressive, and, although you said it became bigger than you planned, is very nice and fits together well.  The cornfield is great, and the paths/streets look very good.  The main manor house really stands out with its slanted walls, dark tan roof, and the tudor style plaster and lathe walls.  The curve in the road seems natural and is a great juxtaposition to the square buildings and the neat rows of corn, so the scene from above (thank you for including that shot) looks fantastic.  Keep up the good work!

On 8/30/2019 at 10:45 PM, Eoin Wallace said:

Lots of cool details and techniques! I like the name too :laugh:

Thanks. I had a great laugh when I came up with that :iamded_lol:

On 8/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, Kai NRG said:

I really like that tan roof!  Nice wedge plate texture and the brown rafters coming out of the top.  Great way to do corn too!

Thanks. It's meant to be like the thatched roofs we had in Scandinavia bit a little more organic in the shape. Like this one:

https://images.app.goo.gl/qQFW2r5oLQPZacz98

On 8/31/2019 at 8:36 AM, socalbricks said:

Great work all around this build ! I especially enjoy the slanted pathway leading up to the manor's front door, along with the (ineffective) scarecrow! Your roofing is always a plus as well!

Thanks! It turned out nice with the ingots as cobblestone.

Roofings is always something that I have trouble with. But this was a really sturdy  technique.

21 hours ago, dalle said:

Nice build! Many fine details. I like all the animals you use.

After walking around in the garden it will be nice to take a "barrunda" in the tavern.:wink:

Thanks man! Did I mention that the Hops and Barley crops is a big part of the buissines? :laugh:

2 hours ago, Grover said:

This build is really spectacular.  I enjoy your builds anyway, as I personally like their aesthetics, but you really shine with these detailed builds.  The consistency of the small details, like the barnyard gates, and then the pigs, cows, and chickens, especially with the pigs rolling in the mud, are great.  The overall scale is quite impressive, and, although you said it became bigger than you planned, is very nice and fits together well.  The cornfield is great, and the paths/streets look very good.  The main manor house really stands out with its slanted walls, dark tan roof, and the tudor style plaster and lathe walls.  The curve in the road seems natural and is a great juxtaposition to the square buildings and the neat rows of corn, so the scene from above (thank you for including that shot) looks fantastic.  Keep up the good work!

Thanks alot! It's fun with little details among all the other details. I like when you have to look at a build a few times before seeing all the things. I usually build for events with our RLUG Swebrick. And I love to look att the children and adult that is so caught in the build that they almost forgets things around them. Like forgetting your kids that is already by the next table :grin:

Awesome build.  That roof on the manor is spectacular.  The barn looks great, I really like the colors.  The main tower part of the manor has great texture and I like the use of the wand pieces in the windows.  The touches of sand green in the manor are a nice detail.  The crops look good especially the corn.  Nice scare crow.  The landscaping and rockwork all around flow very well together.  I like the different color plates you used for the ground at different sections.  Nice details like birds and mice throughout the build.  All the figs look great too.  Great job.  

10 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Awesome build.  That roof on the manor is spectacular.  The barn looks great, I really like the colors.  The main tower part of the manor has great texture and I like the use of the wand pieces in the windows.  The touches of sand green in the manor are a nice detail.  The crops look good especially the corn.  Nice scare crow.  The landscaping and rockwork all around flow very well together.  I like the different color plates you used for the ground at different sections.  Nice details like birds and mice throughout the build.  All the figs look great too.  Great job.  

Thanks alot ??

I like the use of wands but I can’t take credd for it. It’s @adde51 ’s design ?

I often have a plan for the colours in a build before I start. This time I tried to let it flow a little more. I’m glad you noticed ??

Edited by Zilmrud

Great use of the irregular base technique to make a sprawling landscape around the manor :thumbup: Excellent crop fields, and I love your little details with things like the signpost, chicken statue, scarecrow, and mice in the fields.
Lovely detailing throughout the manor itself, with the wand use and cheese slope arches pairing up nicely for some elegant windows :dsweet:

8 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Great use of the irregular base technique to make a sprawling landscape around the manor :thumbup: Excellent crop fields, and I love your little details with things like the signpost, chicken statue, scarecrow, and mice in the fields.
Lovely detailing throughout the manor itself, with the wand use and cheese slope arches pairing up nicely for some elegant windows :dsweet:

Thanks alot. I like to put in small details for the viewer to find. Many details can't even be seen in the pictures.

The window technique is @adde51's design from Mophet training ground I think :grin: