Zilmrud

Harvest Time in Zamorah

Harvest Time in Zamorah

48646284186_8320a03370.jpg

It's harvesting times in the shire of Zamorah. Howard, his son Emmet and Special Ed is peasants on the big Barrunda Manor’s farm. The farm owns a great area of land in the eastern parts of Zamorah. They grow many different crops in the fields. Howard and the others is harvesting grains that is going to the mill in Miller's Garden.
48645926303_92c63c1353_n.jpg Howard

48645925938_1313436e4c_n.jpg Emmet

48646283941_5ae474430b_n.jpg  Special Ed

Lumberjacks Gareth, Rowdy and Balldin is chopping down some trees on Barrunda Manor’s lands. Some of it is going to be firewood for the farm and some is going to the sawmill.
48646423067_f2bb46fd84_n.jpg Gareth

48645925608_390d643a83_n.jpg Rowdy

48646422677_723c588bd3_n.jpg Balldin

Spoiler

This is a part of my summer task, to complete HSS up untill the City Hall (that is a bigger project this fall). I was going to build a farm. But the idea of using the bushes for grain made the MOC to big. So I did it with my other idea of Lumberjacks. The Farm is coming very soon....

Here is som extra photos of the wild life:

48646283356_eeb5d2f772_n.jpg

48645925188_f99f7018b8_n.jpg

I always put in some fun things in the story. Special Ed is from the song by Stephen Lynch :iamded_lol:

Edited by Zilmrud

Really nice work, absolutely love the two tan plant-pieces stuck together to create a bundle of wheat!

Just now, adde51 said:

Really nice work, absolutely love the two tan plant-pieces stuck together to create a bundle of wheat!

Thanks! I was supposed to fill the wagon.... but a ran out of bushes :iamded_lol:

I like the effect of cut down wheat field very much. You did a super job with the foliage and landscape, looks like they really are a group of people hard at work!

Edited by W Navarre

3 hours ago, W Navarre said:

I like the effect of cut down wheat field very much. You did a super job with the foliage and landscape, looks like they really are a group of people hard at work!

Thanks. The idea of the bushes was the start of the build. The back foliage is rather thin but was fun to make.

Really nice harvest field, I love the two bushes attached together!  The woodcutting section of the build also looks super cool, and nice slant on the leaves of the trees, especially the green one!

I love this scene! :wub: So many details and hidden critters, such a lush vegetation...and very busy minifigs!

Your builds are great, and the manor house is spectacular, but I think this is my favorite build of yours.  You manage to pack in an incredible amount of detail without making the build look crowded, which is unusual and fantastic.  The use of the tan plant pieces for wheat is the best I have seen, not only in the bundles, but also half buried in the plates.  The tree stumps are perfect, and mixed with the new tree person costumes are perfect.  The trees in the back are very realistic and bring the eye up to a secondary level of height, making this a work of art.  I have no suggestions, just enjoy looking at this.  Great work!

On 8/30/2019 at 10:42 PM, Eoin Wallace said:

Nice build, I like all those plants :dhappy:

Thanks!

On 8/30/2019 at 11:04 PM, Kai NRG said:

Really nice harvest field, I love the two bushes attached together!  The woodcutting section of the build also looks super cool, and nice slant on the leaves of the trees, especially the green one!

Thanks. The whole build started with the cute down trees and grains ideas :grin:

On 8/31/2019 at 8:41 AM, socalbricks said:

Some very convincing plants here. I especially like the wheat and logs! Great job!

13 hours ago, Aurore said:

I love this scene! :wub: So many details and hidden critters, such a lush vegetation...and very busy minifigs!

Thanks! My wife always told me that I had to little vegetation in my builds. So when I started building for GoH i tought she would be pleased. But then she wanted more animals. And I really agree with her. The animals give the build a sense of life, if you see what I mean :laugh:

3 hours ago, Grover said:

Your builds are great, and the manor house is spectacular, but I think this is my favorite build of yours.  You manage to pack in an incredible amount of detail without making the build look crowded, which is unusual and fantastic.  The use of the tan plant pieces for wheat is the best I have seen, not only in the bundles, but also half buried in the plates.  The tree stumps are perfect, and mixed with the new tree person costumes are perfect.  The trees in the back are very realistic and bring the eye up to a secondary level of height, making this a work of art.  I have no suggestions, just enjoy looking at this.  Great work!

Thanks alot man! :grin:

The whole idea of the wheat came from a picture of a hay wagon I saw when I googled inspiration for my traveling puppetry.

Hay wagon (Poland, XIX-XX c.)

And building up the ground around them I used in my Micro build of Zamorah:

History of the City of Zamorah

Another great build here.  The landscaping and trees look great.  I like the tall trees, are they pine trees?  The wood cutter part is great with all those printed wood pieces.  I always like all the wildlife you put throughout your builds.  Nice use of the tree suit guy from the city sets.  Great figs and nice action in the scene.  Special Ed is a great song by Stephen Lynch, he is such a talented comedian.  

10 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Another great build here.  The landscaping and trees look great.  I like the tall trees, are they pine trees?  The wood cutter part is great with all those printed wood pieces.  I always like all the wildlife you put throughout your builds.  Nice use of the tree suit guy from the city sets.  Great figs and nice action in the scene.  Special Ed is a great song by Stephen Lynch, he is such a talented comedian.  

Thanks man! Yeah You can say it’s pine trees. Zamorah is on the edge to Mitgardia so I built them to resemble Scandinavian Pine trees. Saw him live in sweden a long time ago. He is great ??

This is a great, lively scene, with tons of really nice vegetation (love those pine trees especially), and you’ve done well with the snot border on the base. I love how you tie all your creations back into your micro scale map too, it makes them feel so much like a part of a larger world!

Impressive harvest, Zilmrud.

I keep my comment that as you keep sharing other angles of Zamorah, I grow more and more fond of the city. 

The use of snot in the base is spectacular, yet the shape has something unique to it. 

The shade between the cropped and uncropped parts of the field and beautiful too. 

The bits of wood are also super cool!

Keep them coming, mate. Awesome additions, here.

Cheers!

On 9/6/2019 at 5:48 PM, The Stad said:

This is a great, lively scene, with tons of really nice vegetation (love those pine trees especially), and you’ve done well with the snot border on the base. I love how you tie all your creations back into your micro scale map too, it makes them feel so much like a part of a larger world!

Thanks!

Yeah I like to do my builds so you han se the connection between them. The micro build was a great way of showing the city and it's surroundings. Maybe I'll build a larger map later on ?

On 9/8/2019 at 12:07 AM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Impressive harvest, Zilmrud.

I keep my comment that as you keep sharing other angles of Zamorah, I grow more and more fond of the city. 

The use of snot in the base is spectacular, yet the shape has something unique to it. 

The shade between the cropped and uncropped parts of the field and beautiful too. 

The bits of wood are also super cool!

Keep them coming, mate. Awesome additions, here.

Cheers!

Thanks man! 

I'll hope I can keep some of my pace this fall. My parental leave is over and my building time has decrease significantly. So we will se what' s coming ??

Best bundle of wheat design I've seen :wub: Good ground texture where the field has already been harvested too.

20 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Best bundle of wheat design I've seen :wub: Good ground texture where the field has already been harvested too.

Thanks. Yeah I saw a wagon when doing a Google search that had those bushes on the wagon. That started the idea of the field. LUG bulk is to thank for all the bushes :grin: