Klaus-Dieter

Friends 2020 - Rumours & Discussion

Oh I’m really excited! That image suggests they’re in the summer instructions, which makes it unlikely they’ll be shelved. I wonder if the summer ones could be out in July in certain locations? 

Transparent opal is such a gorgeous colour! But now I’m really annoyed that the jungle series wasn’t a different colour. :P 

:) yep me too, maybe! I know, much would have preferred green for the jungle cubes but at least it was a different colour to series 1 unlike I thought at first.

1 hour ago, Soupperson1 said:

Oh I’m really excited! That image suggests they’re in the summer instructions, which makes it unlikely they’ll be shelved. I wonder if the summer ones could be out in July in certain locations? 

Transparent opal is such a gorgeous colour! But now I’m really annoyed that the jungle series wasn’t a different colour. :P 

58 minutes ago, DragonElves said:

:) yep me too, maybe! I know, much would have preferred green for the jungle cubes but at least it was a different colour to series 1 unlike I thought at first.

It may be that the cover shell is white satin or clear with glitter, and the orange is merely showing through from the back shell -- which makes sense with center and top/bottom studs looking white.  This was pointed out by @Lyichir and @ltdemartinet @eldeeem on twitter: https://twitter.com/FriendsBricks/status/1273963539963707394

Which would make sense as *snow* for Winter activities :-)

Emma is wearing a pajama? It indicates a Polar Express-type scenario.

36 minutes ago, DragonElves said:

Hopefully that shows more microdolls will transcend into the friends theme in the future.

That would allow the portrayal of Liz, Andrea's sister.

Yay my prediction of Mrs. Claus was right! Dottie’s face would’ve worked better than Alicia’s, but the latter was probably cheaper as it’s in a few sets currently in production. Her outfit looks great though and that hair piece works well. It’s a shame the Elves use the same face, as it would’ve been nice to get a female one even if it’s not new. I guess it’s noteworthy this is the only mini doll set ever to include two male dolls and first make head to have freckles. I wonder if we’ll see it on a regular boy next year? Lastly, Emma’s new torso is amazing! We haven’t gotten any pajamas yet and I hope to see more in the future now we got our first top. 

None of the builds jump out at me as being amazing, but none stick out as bad either. What’s most interesting about the builds (besides the waffle piece appearing here in a cheaper set) is that there’s very little attempt to include the girl’s colour schemes. Emma’s outfit is also in light royal blue, which isn’t one of her colours. Perhaps next year they’ll almost completely abandon the sets have to be mostly in the girls’ colours concept? 

12 hours ago, DragonElves said:

Official pictures of the friends calendar have released, with an elf using a microdoll body, very cute! Hopefully that shows more microdolls will transcend into the friends theme in the future.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC5jV7rq4sG/

So we’re calling those microdolls? I guess that makes more sense than ‘really-mini-dolls’ (my suggestion) . . Elves and Mrs. Claus are cute but I don’t think I’ll get this one. Definitely grabbing the HP and SW calendars though.

Mrs Claus with a short skirt looks.... funny to say the least

Also, the current head piece is too big for those microdolls. I wonder if they will introduce a smaller one at some point

Anyone know what happened to Emma's Jungle cube?  It disappeared from my wishlist and is gone from the Lego website.  Glad I bought the Chameleons from B&P already.

9 hours ago, karrit said:

Anyone know what happened to Emma's Jungle cube?  It disappeared from my wishlist and is gone from the Lego website.  Glad I bought the Chameleons from B&P already.

I don't see this set 41438 listed anywhere, usually when a set* is sold somewhere in the world, some end up on bricklink/ebay, but this one never appeared on any of my known webshops.

The digital instructions are still on LEGO.com but I haven't seen any info on the set in a physical form.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I don't see this set 41438 listed anywhere, usually when a shop is sold somewhere in the world, some end up on bricklink/ebay, but this one never appeared on any of my known webshops.

The digital instructions are still on LEGO.com but I haven't seen any info on the set in a physical form.

That's the weird part.  It was on the US LEGO Shop@Home site along with the other 4 sets.  Since I wasn't able to find it in Target along with the other 4 I added it to my wishlist on the LEGO site.  They had it listed as "Coming Soon" but now It's gone from my wishlist & the website while the other 4 are still there.  I saw the instructions were still listed and some people on Brickset claim to actually own it.

1 hour ago, karrit said:

That's the weird part.  It was on the US LEGO Shop@Home site along with the other 4 sets.  Since I wasn't able to find it in Target along with the other 4 I added it to my wishlist on the LEGO site.  They had it listed as "Coming Soon" but now It's gone from my wishlist & the website while the other 4 are still there.  I saw the instructions were still listed and some people on Brickset claim to actually own it.

It's weird, because the Summer Play cubes were just added to Shop@home in my country 2 days ago here (listed as Coming Soon September 1 here), and the one with Emma is missing once again.

41410-41413 are on there, but https://brickset.com/sets/41414-1/Emma-s-Summer-Play-Cube is missing.

So now both Emma's Jungle and Summer Cubes are not on there.

Almost makes me wonder if LEGO is going to introduce a new character or something instead.

Edited by TeriXeri

So someone at my local Walmart has lost their mind and put the new friends sets out on clearance. According to Amazon they don't even release for 9 days. 41428 was only $30. Some dots and princess sets too.

b4kiZMK.jpg

Newbie here, hello :)

The whole jungle and summer cube- situation is strange here in Finland. I am eager to get the jungle cubes, but they are not available. I emailed LEGO about it, and they said the release was postponed, but that they will probably arrive in August. Well, they haven't. Instead the summer cubes appeared on the Finnish lego.com this week, "Coming soon on 1 September", and there is no Emma. 

Maybe they are releasing the the summer cubes now that it is still somewhat summer, and the jungle cubes next in the fall. But who knows. It's weird. 

8 hours ago, JCherry said:

Newbie here, hello :)

The whole jungle and summer cube- situation is strange here in Finland. I am eager to get the jungle cubes, but they are not available. I emailed LEGO about it, and they said the release was postponed, but that they will probably arrive in August. Well, they haven't. Instead the summer cubes appeared on the Finnish lego.com this week, "Coming soon on 1 September", and there is no Emma. 

Maybe they are releasing the the summer cubes now that it is still somewhat summer, and the jungle cubes next in the fall. But who knows. It's weird. 

Welcome to the site! It’s great to see more mini doll fans! 

LEGO told me in an email that the jungle cubes were never being sold in Europe but that’s just completely untrue. Like you, they told me they’d be available in Europe soon, but they didn’t mention when. :/ 

As for Emma’s jungle cube going out of stock earlier @TeriXeri @karrit that’s perhaps because it sold particularly well. If I’m not mistaken Olivia’s Shopping Cube was removed earlier from shop@home than the other ones as it sold well. These jungle cubes must’ve been produced in tiny batches as I can’t see other logical reasons for them preventing them from being sold. XP 

Edited by Soupperson1

1 hour ago, Soupperson1 said:

As for Emma’s jungle cube going out of stock earlier @TeriXeri @karrit that’s perhaps because it sold particularly well. If I’m not mistaken Olivia’s Shopping Cube was removed earlier from shop@home than the other ones as it sold well. These jungle cubes must’ve been produced in tiny batches as I can’t see other logical reasons for them preventing them from being sold. XP 

Emma's Jungle Cube never appeared on Shop@home as available.  (Brickset has no Availability or Price history on the Emma set either)

And I'm not saying the set never existed, it does exist, there's been video review and instructions of it, and a listing on ebay.

The Summer Play Cube  aren't even out yet (September 1st here) , yet Emma's is missing again, but the other 4 are listed.

The other Jungle cubes were only sold for about a month in June and vanished in July (in Europe) ,but the fact that Emma's never appeared on a price history tracker is really strange, as is the fact that it's particularly happening with the Emma set twice.

On the US Shop@Home, 4 Play Cubes are still in stock and being sold, with no history of Emma's.

Now, to me, those sets themselves aren't a huge deal/issue, but the theory behind it is interesting.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Emma's Jungle Cube never appeared on Shop@home as available.  (Brickset has no Availability or Price history on the Emma set either)

And I'm not saying the set never existed, it does exist, there's been video review and instructions of it, and a listing on ebay.

The Summer Play Cube  aren't even out yet (September 1st here) , yet Emma's is missing again, but the other 4 are listed.

The other Jungle cubes were only sold for about a month in June and vanished in July (in Europe) ,but the fact that Emma's never appeared on a price history tracker is really strange, as is the fact that it's particularly happening with the Emma set twice.

On the US Shop@Home, 4 Play Cubes are still in stock and being sold, with no history of Emma's.

Now, to me, those sets themselves aren't a huge deal/issue, but the theory behind it is interesting.

Emma’s Jungle Cube was definitely sold outside the U.S. as you mentioned you can look up reviews of it. It’s puzzling Brickset didn’t record that though. :S Emma’s Summer Cube is also listed as coming September 1st with full HD pictures on many different sites that sell LEGO, so it looks like it’s going to be sold. 

2 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Emma’s Jungle Cube was definitely sold outside the U.S. as you mentioned you can look up reviews of it. It’s puzzling Brickset didn’t record that though. :S Emma’s Summer Cube is also listed as coming September 1st with full HD pictures on many different sites that sell LEGO, so it looks like it’s going to be sold. 

I have no info from physical stores, but at least with the info I have from the most common online shops The Netherlands or Germany (that ship to NL), the Emma Jungle Cube didn't appear there.

But I do see the Emma Summer Cube listed as Coming Soon at Brickshop.nl / eu (4 September).

Maybe those sets will re-appear at lego.com, as the whole covid situation did have some effect on the production/delays on sets.

Those play cubes do have unique parts as in 5 random colors of animals per set, so that might play a role in their limited availabilty/lower production numbers.

Overall, I think it's a weird situation with the play cubes, but I think at this point further discussion would be a bit repetitive. :thumbup:

I might still get the Fashion Shop and Park Cafe sets later.

Beach House doesn't look bad either, 

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Those play cubes do have unique parts as in 5 random colors of animals per set, so that might play a role in their limited availabilty/lower production numbers.

Since the chameleon pet figure has been available to purchase from LEGO through B&P I don't think issues with it's production would cause an availability problem.  Perhaps it's something with another piece in the set.

On 9/2/2020 at 8:51 PM, DragonElves said:

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/themes/friends/about/cubes
looks like we can expect the winter cubes later this year :classic:

Where does it say on LEGO.com about the winter cubes becoming available? 

Also for anyone wondering about the Emma Summer Cube it’s available everywhere but on LEGO.com for whatever reason. XP

On 9/6/2020 at 9:16 AM, Soupperson1 said:

Where does it say on LEGO.com about the winter cubes becoming available? 

Also for anyone wondering about the Emma Summer Cube it’s available everywhere but on LEGO.com for whatever reason. XP

On the info on the friends cubes promotional page it says ‘So when summer changes to winter, Summer Cubes will connect with the amazing Winter Cubes coming later this year!’

not particularly specific but sounds like it should be before 2021

On Ellie v toys she’s got a leaflet and it does include a preview of the winter sets, the stickers include a gingerbread man and a candy cane so they must have a Christmas theme to them.

Edited by DragonElves
Link added