Klaus-Dieter

Friends 2020 - Rumours & Discussion

2 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So there’s a new picture of some kind of Friends Volcano, which in itself is unexpected but kind of awesome.

But it comes with all-new llamas, three of them, and they are adorable!

And here I thought I might finally go a year without buying at least one Friends set . . 

They are Alpacas (smaller than Llama): the set is called "Alpaca Rescue in the Jungle" and is to be a retail exclusive.  Volcano has working 'pop' function for Lava ... so cool! :-)

Alpaca-Rescue-in-the-Jungle-41432-box-60

18 hours ago, LegoMyMamma said:

They are Alpacas (smaller than Llama): the set is called "Alpaca Rescue in the Jungle" and is to be a retail exclusive.

So we may not have it( as with 41390)?

On 5/19/2020 at 5:21 AM, Ragana9289 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "not have it" as I reviewed it and it's still available on LEGO Shop-at-Home.

On 5/19/2020 at 7:21 PM, Ragana9289 said:

I’m actually pretty sure that’s still available at my local Kmart. 

41390 is exclusive to LEGO.com here as well, and so is 41431 (Heartlake City Box).

Edited by TeriXeri

In the USA, 41390 is also available at Target, Amazon, and Walmart.  I'm not sure how the "retail exclusive" status really works these days.

The new Jungle sub-theme is nice though -- I just reviewed 41423 Tiger Hot Air Balloon Jungle Rescue -- the waterfall is detailed, solid, and is fun to build with functions -- plus lovely to look at!

So some retailers and PromoBricks who have been very reliable this year have listed the summer cubes as coming out in September. That seems like a really weird business move.  

52 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

That seems like a really weird business move.  

Not really, considering that those cubes sit like lead bricks on shelves, at least here in Germany. Gotta give retailers a chance to at least sell some of them before flooding them with more... *lol*

Mylenium

7 hours ago, Mylenium said:

Not really, considering that those cubes sit like lead bricks on shelves, at least here in Germany. Gotta give retailers a chance to at least sell some of them before flooding them with more... *lol*

Mylenium

I know they’re releasing too many at a time, the weird business movie I was talking about was releasing the summer pods 11 months before summer starts. XP

16 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

I know they’re releasing too many at a time, the weird business movie I was talking about was releasing the summer pods 11 months before summer starts. XP

Well, to be honest I think LEGO are just really dumping them with no brains attached. Perhaps they are even just trying to get rid of the already produced stock to not clog up their warehouses and then after series three it's all done and we'll never get anything more of this stuff. Seems to me that this is all based on a fundamental misunderstanding, anyway....

Mylenium

If you guys haven’t seen the Friends advent calendar leaks it does indeed seem very different from last year’s ones as previously reported. All the revealed builds seem to be mini-doll scale and none look designed to hang on a tree. What I find most interesting are the mini-dolls, there’s indeed four! The image is only confidential so I don’t think she’s set in stone but Emma seems to be the main friend of the set. She uses her legs from Mia’s horse trailer and a new light royal blue torso but I expect at least the torso to change as there’s no sleeves! More intriguing there’s 3 surprise characters and outlines for them on the box. There’s an outline for two microfigures with the CMF elf hats, two characters who are depicted in CG form on the box. There’s also an outline of a female in a short skirt with what looks like the ‘Karen’ hair - maybe Mrs. Claus? It’s high time we got seasonal characters as mini-dolls and I can’t wait to see these three! :grin_wub: 

17 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

If you guys haven’t seen the Friends advent calendar leaks it does indeed seem very different from last year’s ones as previously reported. All the revealed builds seem to be mini-doll scale and none look designed to hang on a tree. What I find most interesting are the mini-dolls, there’s indeed four! 

Seems they take the minidoll scale route instead, because City seems to go all micro-scale , with some City-Adventures minifigs.

I think some variation per year is nice and keeps calendars interesting.

I have a strange and specific question. It appears the cubes have randomly colored animals; is it possible that the jungle cubes will have a blue monkey of some sort? I’m hoping to have SOMETHING to serve as a Gleek to the Wonder Twins in my DC collection.

17 hours ago, BaneShake said:

I have a strange and specific question. It appears the cubes have randomly colored animals; is it possible that the jungle cubes will have a blue monkey of some sort? I’m hoping to have SOMETHING to serve as a Gleek to the Wonder Twins in my DC collection.

Yes, they are randomly placed into the Cubes (with no exterior # for ID, and no way to feel for shapes) in the colors of: Aqua, Teal, Cool Yellow, and Vibrant Coral.  Mia's is the only one with a brick-built tree and bananas ;-)

lego-friends-summer-2020-Jungle-Play-Cube-animals.jpg

Some poor quality pictures of the summer cubes have leaked in the usual place. The cubes all look very vibrant and I like the yellow suns in each one, which is a cute little detail. Has it yet been confirmed they’re coming out in September?

21 hours ago, BaneShake said:

You can buy them on Bricks and Pieces. Thanks for the Gleek idea! I think I’m going to get a teal monkey now. :)

3 hours ago, DragonElves said:

Some poor quality pictures of the summer cubes have leaked in the usual place. The cubes all look very vibrant and I like the yellow suns in each one, which is a cute little detail. Has it yet been confirmed they’re coming out in September?

An Italian retailer listed them as September but Promobricks has listed them as October. I still think it be weird to see them come out after Summer. 

I really like the stickers included amongst these cubes! The stickers in the others have been uninteresting but these are really striking to me and look like they could easily fit in any beach scene. I’m excited to see the full scenes of all these cubes with better quality photos but the builds look like the best yet and use their small parts budget very well. 

Sadly I can’t see any new minidoll faces, torsos or leg pieces. Emma’s, Olivia’s and Mia’s torsos are all new for this wave though so at least there’s that. Poor Mia has worn the same shorts and shoes in two of the play cubes already. XP I think Emma’s sunglasses might be in satin pink (they look very different to Andrea’s so one of them has a new colour), she also has a new ice cream cone recolour in medium nougat which is going to be useful. 

I also can’t wait to see what animals were going to get for this wave! :moar:

5 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

An Italian retailer listed them as September but Promobricks has listed them as October. I still think it be weird to see them come out after Summer. 

I really like the stickers included amongst these cubes! The stickers in the others have been uninteresting but these are really striking to me and look like they could easily fit in any beach scene. I’m excited to see the full scenes of all these cubes with better quality photos but the builds look like the best yet and use their small parts budget very well. 

Sadly I can’t see any new minidoll faces, torsos or leg pieces. Emma’s, Olivia’s and Mia’s torsos are all new for this wave though so at least there’s that. Poor Mia has worn the same shorts and shoes in two of the play cubes already. XP I think Emma’s sunglasses might be in satin pink (they look very different to Andrea’s so one of them has a new colour), she also has a new ice cream cone recolour in medium nougat which is going to be useful. 

I also can’t wait to see what animals were going to get for this wave! :moar:

Oh... that’s really disappointing, I agree it seems weird to be out after summer mind you I suppose thats when a lot of people will be going on their holidays this year! Olivias torso does looks nice and I hope we get some multicolored baby dolphins in this wave.

7 minutes ago, DragonElves said:

Oh... that’s really disappointing, I agree it seems weird to be out after summer mind you I suppose thats when a lot of people will be going on their holidays this year! Olivias torso does looks nice and I hope we get some multicolored baby dolphins in this wave.

According to a leaker on Instagram his catalogue says these release in July! 

He showed the animals too being a seal, turtle, flamingo, baby dolphin and baby turtle in coral, yellow, spring yellowish green and lavender.  

3 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

According to a leaker on Instagram his catalogue says these release in July! 

He showed the animals too being a seal, turtle, flamingo, baby dolphin and baby turtle in coral, yellow, spring yellowish green and lavender.  

Ooh that’s good news! The dolphin in lavender should go well with the elves dolphin.

20 hours ago, LegoMyMamma said:

Yes, they are randomly placed into the Cubes (with no exterior # for ID, and no way to feel for shapes) in the colors of: Aqua, Teal, Cool Yellow, and Vibrant Coral.  Mia's is the only one with a brick-built tree and bananas ;-)

lego-friends-summer-2020-Jungle-Play-Cube-animals.jpg

Thanks! I’ll have to swoop in online as soon as people start selling the individual parts.

With the new online catalogue, it confirms the cubes are coming out in September and a seahorse instead of adult turtle, it’s nice to have the seahorse mold in many colour but kind of disappointing we won’t have baby and adult turtles to match.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-katalog-herunterladen-2hy2020/103451/

Edited by DragonElves
New link

On 6/17/2020 at 9:54 PM, DragonElves said:

With the new online catalogue, it confirms the cubes are coming out in September and a seahorse instead of adult turtle, it’s nice to have the seahorse mold in many colour but kind of disappointing we won’t have baby and adult turtles to match.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-katalog-herunterladen-2hy2020/103451/

This is odd. I wonder what’s going to happen with the winter ones or if they’ll be shelved completely?

Don’t forget we got adult turtles in series 2! At the very least the lavender one in this wave will work with the adult lavender friends turtle from 2014. :)

I like these! I thought they were gonna be more pointless beach stuff but they look very cute. Definitely better than the jungle ones. However I’m curious about which animals come in which since I really only want the flamingo and the seahorse. I’m pretty sure Emma comes with the baby turtle because of the sandcastle that could really only fit that piece. I’m also assuming the seal comes with Mia and the flamingo with Stephanie. Since these two animals are the only ones that have to be above water. I’m not sure about the other two. Andrea has a dolphin in the background sticker but Olivia has a dolphin on her tablet... But the seahorse would fit better with the underwater theme of Andreas cube. But I have found a disappointing thing about these. The turtle already come in light spring green regularly and the seahorse comes in lavender. They should have thought about the colors a bit more.

Edited by Rambo260

20 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

This is odd. I wonder what’s going to happen with the winter ones or if they’ll be shelved completely?

Don’t forget we got adult turtles in series 2! At the very least the lavender one in this wave will work with the adult lavender friends turtle from 2014. :)

Oh yes I forgot about that, I have ordered them off bricks and pieces but haven’t arrived yet so slipped my mind! Friendsbricks (which I believe is run by @LegoMyMamma) have found a front view picture of the winter cubes. It looks like a glittery clear cover but can’t be sure, so hopefully that means they haven’t been shelved! Hopefully they’ll release in December, 3 months after the summer wave and an ideal time for parents to buy stocking fillers.

https://www.facebook.com/FriendsBricks

Edited by DragonElves