Klaus-Dieter

Friends 2020 - Rumours & Discussion

I like the Mia cube! Nice easy source for the popcorn box piece, and I've been hoping for years to see a 3D glasses face print.

16 hours ago, kermit said:

is that a sheep that i see

Alpaca :-)

13 hours ago, Gobias1234 said:

A LLAMA! Here's to hoping that the winter cubes feature a deer because my deer loving child will lose her mind!

Friends had a deer Fawn in the past (2013), maybe you can find that animal pack, Fawn's Forest #41023, for her.

For Play Cube series #2 it's an Alpaca.

Seeing the second wave of these has made it real that we’re getting 20 of them. It’s really weird. :P I love how the boxes use the new transparent pink with opal finish. The colour is gorgeous and looks just like a lipgloss! I think it’ll be really eye catching to those out shopping. I don’t think the builds here are that interesting. Stephanie’s is by far the worst as all those pieces are really common, I don’t know why they won’t give us new hair accessory recolours in Friends. Olivia’s is a bit better as those swirl prints are harder to come by for kids. Andrea’s/Mia’s are fine and I really like the use of stickers in Andrea’s. I wish they’d give us more stickers of pet food, as those usually only come in bigger sets despite most Friends sets having an animal companion. Lastly I think Emma’s set is probably our best play cube yet as it actually encourages building in unique ways. 

Im kind of disappointed with the minidolls, I was hoping at least one or two of them would have a new work uniform print, but nope. Last time we got a new hairpiece recolour, three new faces and three new torsos. This time we only have one new face, but it’s definitely our best one yet! I love Mia’s 3D glasses. I think they’d work as Harley Quinn inspired sunglasses too! I thought the last waves new faces was kind of a waste of new prints, but this shows the potential of where we can go! I’ll definitely be picking up the Mia one just for that print alone. I don’t have that torso either so that’s also a bonus. 

I really think they should be telling consumers on the packaging that each girl only comes with one type of animal. This wave’s selection of animals is really fun though with an Owl, Teddy Bear, Turtle Poodle and new Alpaca. I think the dark orange poodle would work fine in a normal City layout, as the chrome is only on its scarf. The teddies would also work fine in any city layout too and we have most of the main teddy bear colours now! :D The others are definitely geared towards kids, but I don’t mind that as they’ve thrown us enough of a bone with those six. Maybe the turtles could work? But I’m afraid the chrome printing will get in the way. I’m really excited to see where that Alpaca shows up next! 

I wonder what colours the next two waves packaging will be? I’m guessing a trans neon yellow with glitter and then transparent blue with opal finish. I’m also really excited to see the 40 other animals and what colours they’ll appear in!  

20 hours ago, kermit said:

is that a sheep that i see

We’ve gotten a baby sheep before! Just google LEGO friends lamb, they’ve appeared in a few sets. One has eyelashes while the other doesn’t, so be careful if you’re paying one online!

I messed up the quote function- I'm sorry.... In response to Legomymamma Re Lego fawns : )
yes- I was able to get one for her off of Bricklink when her deer obsession started!  She has a whole deer gang with the fawn, Sven and the baby reindeer from the Frozen 2 set.  She is getting the Harry Potter set with the Deer Patronus. I'm thinking the recolor would be a hit with her!

Edited by Gobias1234
formatting

Built the  2020 Hair Salon set today.

Was my first ever Friends set but I do like those small shops, and the (extra) hairpieces are nice for that set for sure.

I'm a big fan of Creator 3-in-1 so I can look past the open back style.

Waffle House set hopefully is just as interesting as it's the same price range as the Hair Salon.

Edited by TeriXeri

These two sets look wonderful! I adore the water park and it’s slides. Making it a sand castle was a very clever idea. There are four minidolls, three friends plus a boy likely reusing the naked torso. There are lots of interesting details like the flamingo all over.

i really like the jungle base as well, it looks different enough from the old jungle base And has even more. It looks very tall and the trees look majestic. Love the use of the roller coaster tracks for the bridge and the animals top it all off. The sloths and the baby elephant are adorable and the adult elephant is a welcome addition. Overall I’m very excited for this summer wave

Those water slide pieces are new, I believe. What else could TLG use them for? They are pretty big pieces to keep in just smaller sets. IIRC when the rollercoaster pieces were introduced, they were featured in Joker's Manor and the Expert Rollercoaster.

New animals are always nice, but I wish TLG would also make them in the normal style without the unrealistic colours and huge eyes.

8 hours ago, Terrasher said:

New animals are always nice, but I wish TLG would also make them in the normal style without the unrealistic colours and huge eyes.

If friends sets had normal system animals I would probably buy almost every set, this way at least I save a lot of money :tongue:

So there is only one leak for friends summer 2020 aside from the other two that were leaked.

Although I don't have much to say about this set, I do have to pinpoint that LEGO City is not the only theme to support Natgeo explorers.

I am in love with the freshly leaked set. You're telling me I can buy a couple of those and make a nice waterfall? 

Until recently I never even gave the Friends sets a closer look due to how they were being marketed, the minidolls instead of minifigs and the largely pastel colors. However, I must admit that the actual builds and designs they come up with basically stand alone in the Lego lineup. Everything else focuses on vehicles while Friends almost always has a nice location to pull focus. Even in the new set, there is a small hot air balloon but a larger location piece that received a big chunk of the budget. 

If this trend continues, I can see Friends quickly becoming the theme I spend the most money on. If only there was a way to get the sets with minifigs instead of minidolls. I really, really hate those.

€10 Flower Garden and €20 Heartlake City Park Café (also was listed as Waffle House before) , certainly still interest me.

Also a €30 Fashion Shop and €50 Beach House could have some potential for as location sets.

Smaller Friends sets tend to have few to no vehicles so work well alongside Creator 3-in-1 and City scale

1 hour ago, Huaojozu said:

Until recently I never even gave the Friends sets a closer look due to how they were being marketed, the minidolls instead of minifigs and the largely pastel colors. However, I must admit that the actual builds and designs they come up with basically stand alone in the Lego lineup. Everything else focuses on vehicles while Friends almost always has a nice location to pull focus.

When I started collecting City/Creator 3-in-1 sets in 2018, I was put off by Minidolls as well , but when I got some last year via a LEGO Movie 2 set (Popup Party Bus), I did buy this year's Barber shop and love it, and the 2 dolls that come with it.

I still don't like flesh-colored minifigs however.

While I didn't collect Elves, in hindsight I really do appreciate the locations they made.

Edited by TeriXeri

The waterfall looks really awesome! My kiddo pointed out that it looks like it comes with 5 animals which meets her gold standard.  Excited to see the waffle House/ restaurant in particular!

2 hours ago, Gobias1234 said:

My kiddo pointed out that it looks like it comes with 5 animals which meets her gold standard

If all kids where like that we would have a lot more animals in sets :wub:

12 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If all kids where like that we would have a lot more animals in sets :wub:

You'd appreciate Animal Train Town, our little layout based on my two kid's respective obsessions-  the Dragon and Dinosaur district is a personal favorite of mine! : ) My gal is legendary for her love of all things animals especially in Lego form.  She got 4 duplicates of the Turtle Rescue for her birthday from uncles and friends!  (kept two, returned the others to use towards a Jurassic set!) 

Both of my kids can't wait to get their hands on the upcoming sets for the animals they have their eyes on- I notice my nieces and nephews are the same way!  Seems like this year we are getting so many fun animals that maybe we can anticipate more and more great animals based on continued interest from kids (and their adults!!)

From promobricks:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-friends-funfzehn-weitere-boxen-2020/95124/

Andreas Summer cube- diving school 43 € 9.99 July 2020
41411 Stephanie's Summer Cubes - Beach Party 47 € 9.99 July 2020
41412 Olivia's Summer Cubes - Beach Day 48 € 9.99 July 2020
41413 Mias Sommer Cube - Hotdog Stand 50 € 9.99 July 2020
41414 Emma's summer cubes - ice cream café 51 € 9.99 July 2020
41415 Andreas Winter Cube - snow hike 36 € 9.99 October 2020
41416 Stephanie's Winter Cube - Bake Cookies 46 € 9.99 October 2020
41417 Olivia's Winter Cube - Sledding 55 € 9.99 October 2020
41418 Mias Winter Cube - skiing 49 9.99 € October 2020
41419 Emma's winter cubes - chimney evening 52 € 9.99 October 2020
41434 Andreas Jungle cube - observation station 47 € 9.99 June 2020
41435 Stephanie's Jungle Cube - Research Room 41 € 9.99 June 2020
41436 Olivia's Jungle Cube - Nursery 51 € 9.99 June 2020
41437 Mia's Jungle Cube - Juice Bar 43 € 9.99 June 2020
41438 Emma's Jungle Cube - Art Studio

very interesting about the jungle cubes, I can’t wait for them!