Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Fabuland Review, 3683 Amusement Park

indexed.gif

Hello all Fabuland Lovers!!!!!

This will be my second review, contributing to Eurobricks especially to Fabuland Builders' Guild. I am extremely impressed by all enthuastic Fabuland members, and of course I promise Hinckley and ImperialShadows that I will do my best to dig out my Fabuland set over the weekend. Guess, my love for Fabuland makes me work through the night. Trust me, its worth it! :sweet:

First and foremost, let me present you the box art of 3683 Fabuland Amusement Park.

1.jpg

This is a very short comic strip on the bottom of the box, that required no words only phonics.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

When you flip open the cover, you will reveal this nostalgic picture, reminding each and everyone of us that LEGO begins from young!

6.jpg

The instruction manual are exceptionally interesting. Why is that so? It's not those typical manuals that only show you how it build. But these ones, include interesting dialogue by our cast. It's really very enriching for children whom just begin to learn english. It feels like reading a short storybook.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The last 2 pages are my favourite!!! It showed our Fabuland characters in the town. Below, is a typical Fabuland town layout!!

10.jpg

11.jpg

Without further ado, let me introduce you the main cast from left to right.

Left: Max the Mouse, Freddy the Fox, Clive the Crocodile and Lucy the Lamb.

They will walking through the whole Amusement Park project with everyone. So sit back and relax the start of the show!

7.jpg

Lucy: Welcome to our Construction Site. We are laying the foundation for our Ferris Wheel which will be our Amusement Park first attraction! :sweet:

12.jpg

Freddy: Please give me a hand. I am tired of building the second level.

Lucy: No, it's hot. And I am a lady. You can't expect me to help you. I am not moving. :angry:

13.jpg

Lucy: Wow. That is a very big wheel.

Clive: Max and I was making use of the holes to click the seats together. And it is able to rotate pretty well. I am glad that the mechanism that supplied by TLC worked pretty smooth. :wub:

14.jpg

Lucy: Weeee, I am flying! :laugh:

Max: This is so cool!

15.jpg

After sometimes, Freddy place the stairs and he is about to walk up.

16.jpg

Max: Freddy, you got to try the new slide. This is going to be so much fun. :devil:

17.jpg

Freddy: You are right! I will try it for the first time!!

Max: Hehe!

Clive: Watch out!!!!

18.jpg

Freddy: Help Help Help!! :cry_sad:

Clive: I told you so. I will come and give you a hand. :hmpf:

19.jpg

Max: Maybe, I should bump Freddy down. :devil:

Clive: No No, save him up. We are right behind schedule!!

20.jpg

All: Hooray, we have completed half of our Amusement Park. :sweet:

Freddy: I better go and grab something. Lucy, can you wait at the Boat Stand.

Lucy: Sure. :classic:

21.jpg

22.jpg

Lucy: Amazing. Where did you get that boat? :blush:

Freddy: Hehe. somewhere. Let me roll up the stream into the River of Love! :tongue:

23.jpg

Clive and Max: Hey Freddy, you left us out! It's not fair. :angry:

Freddy: Hmm, Lucy and I been working for this part of the Amusement Park. Maybe the both of you should plan for the second stage of our Amusement Park. :wink:

24.jpg

Max: I have a great idea!

25.jpg

Max: Clive, look at the Prize Stand, I have made. I think we need to have a solid game. Have you thought of one yet? :look:

26.jpg

Clive: Yes! This is my fabulastic creation and I named it "Clive of Fortune" :wub:

Max: Err, its a great game! But change the name. :hmpf:

Clive: I placed my bet on number 2! Spin it.

*Both Amazed*

Clive: Weee, I won! I won! :laugh:

28.jpg

29.jpg

Max: Choose a prize, Clive. These are not stickers! These are real tiles from TLC. Then, take it and claim the prize from TLC later. :wink:

30.jpg

Lucy and Freddy: We are back from the "River of Love' It's a nice ride.

Max: We are almost complete. This is our last attraction, I called it "Max-Go-Round and Round"

31.jpg

Max: Hmm, by adding this and this. :hmpf_bad:

32.jpg

Max: Finished! Well, almost finished. I managed to find the 3 rides. I wonder whether Clive have found the fourth ride? :sceptic:

33.jpg

*Vroom Vroom*

Clive: Here. My Blue Bike is ready to be converted! :tongue:

Freddy: Geez, how kind of you!

34.jpg

Max: Finally the parts are fixed. Well, almost all of them. :tongue:

Freddy: Let's get it fixed onto a location. :classic:

Clive and Lucy: This is so much fun! :laugh:

35.jpg

Finally, the Amusement Park is complete!

All: Welcome to Fabuland Amusement Park! Hooray. Free tickets for Opening Day! Every Fabuland Citizen are welcomed! :cry_happy:

36.jpg

Freddy and Max saying "Hello" to everyone!

37.jpg

Lucy saying "Hello" too. Now, where is Clive?

38.jpg

Max, Clive and Lucy: What are you doing with your bike?

Clive: Watch out for my stunt!

39.jpg

*Bang*

Max: I supposed that is not the stunt you intend to show us I guess.

Clive: Ouch, err. I need to practice later. :wacko:

41.jpg

Lastly to all Eurobricks Members, this is our warm welcome from the loving cute Fabuland Citizens.

The End

42.jpg

My thought on this set.

Everything about this set is terrific. I can't imagine there was so much playability in this set. Even though, most pieces are <insert that tiresome argument> and it contains 90 plus pieces of LEGO parts. The fun makes up for everything. It is incredible. The Ferris Wheel, the Slide, the Boat Ride, the Wheel of Fortune and the Merry Go Round is what you will normally find in any Amusement park. To conculde, this is an excellent set with minimum flaws. In short, I can't seemed to find any that ruin my fun. After all, this is a Fabuland set and we must not be bias against to filled with complicated building techinques. In addition, there are many interesting and unique Fabuland Parts such as the Merry Go Round shelter.

My verdict:

Playability: 9.5/10

Design: 9.5/10

Price: 8/10

Overall: 9.5/10 :laugh:

Images can be found in My Brickshelf when moderated.

I really hope each and everyone truly enjoy reading my long winded review. Thanks for your time taken! If there is any request, I will try my best to answer! :wink:

Edited by WhiteFang

Wow, such a sweet set, so <insert that tiresome argument> but so nice. It looks like new, is it new?

Thank you for the review. Me wants all the Fabuland shizzle! :cry_happy:

I found today on the fleamarket/rommelmarkt some LEGO bags for 5 euro each with Fabuland pieces in it. Sadly, I didn't bought them because I only was interested in those Fabuland pieces and they weren't in a bag together... And I didn't have the money...

Thanks for the review! Keep them comming up! :tongue:

Edited by Matn

Wow, amazing review! :cry_happy:

This set looks so nice, too bad they're so expensive online :hmpf_bad: Remember my offer, it's still intact :wink:

Thank you for the awesome review, I hope you can pop out some more! :laugh:

Wow, such a sweet set, so <insert that tiresome argument> but so nice. It looks like new, is it new?

Thank you for the review. Me wants all the Fabuland shizzle! :cry_happy:

Thanks for your kind comment! Hehe, I enjoy doing this review from my bottom of my heart. And this is the likely the longest i took too. This set was bought by my father in 1988. And I finally took it out again to play and build after almost 20 years! I am so happy that I show my whole family what LEGO have brought us nothing but happiness. I feel so happy as this set has a very strong sentimental feeling to me.

Nevertheless, I glad you enjoyed it! :blush:

Wow, amazing review! :cry_happy:

This set looks so nice, too bad they're so expensive online :hmpf_bad: Remember my offer, it's still intact :wink:

Thank you for the awesome review, I hope you can pop out some more! :laugh:

ExoBuilder, thanks for your comment! Hehe, I glad you love it. It took me a long time to dig that out. Hehe, yes I still remember the offer. Will consider :wink:

Edited by WhiteFang

Well, that´s indeed a sweet and adorable set.... maybe it´s not fair to compare this with nowadays DUPLO or

4+ sets, and although there´re for sure neat sets to find within these lines too they seem to lack, somehow,

some of the special charms of Fabuland.... and the compatibility with System´s a big and important advantage

too. :classic:

Thanks for that very fine review, WhiteFang! :thumbup: