Arkeeos

[WIP] Sith Star Destroyer

Wow that is starting to look fantastic! Just wondering, since the sensor array is that of the MK I shouldn't the turrets be like the ones on the new UCS ISD? Can't really tell from the trailer which is used. But great work anyways!

How long would this be? it seems to be smaller than the new UCS but I dont know what scale you are going for

12 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

How long would this be? it seems to be smaller than the new UCS but I dont know what scale you are going for

its currently 1m long, which is slightly smaller than the new UCS one. 

12 minutes ago, Arkeeos said:

its currently 1m long, which is slightly smaller than the new UCS one. 

Wow! Do you reckon it would cost less to bricklink it instead of buying the UCS?

@LEGODrongo01 I've just now past the piece count for the UCS so its going to have more pieces, however bricklinking it probably would be cheaper just because pieces are just cheaper there, its looking to be around 6500 at most with a lot being small greeble pieces. 

48775032356_0a6e89f082_o.pngSith Star Destroyer by arkeeos, on Flickr

48774794717_7b30d9bc4d_o.pngSith Star Destroyer by arkeeos, on Flickr

And its largely done! aside from the superlaser, which I cant exactly do due to lack of reference. there's a few things left to do, but I think ill leave it to when I build the actual thing, Ideally I want to have it finished by the time the moive is released. I have enough pieces in my collection to build the frame and maybe the underside, so ill get working on those first. 

I really like this build! Love the red along the sides. My only critique would be that the bridge seems a bit large to the overall size of the destroyer. When will you build this to be a physical model? I would love to see this thing exist physically!

@2mpaired yeah, the bridge is slightly too big, however that's because I really wanted to use the 3/12 wedges so there wouldn't be any gaps and I could have the best surface to work on putting the detail, and I plan on starting it at least sometime soon. 

Edited by Arkeeos