Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[Al'Sayeed] Home at last

Previously: Trouble in Eltina

46028009495_bdcdf53d45_c.jpg

It had been a perilous journey back west to his homeland in Pan, and all along the way someone had been trying to sabotage his progress. Unfortunately, the assassins had been unable to offer any clarification, even at swordpoint, but Al'Sayeed had pressed on. After the attempt on Eltina, several privateers had been stalking his vessel, although all attempts had been avoided.

During his quick stopover in Kings Port, he had found something most disconcerting - someone had set out a significant prize on his head, which would explain the risks taken by assassins and privateers attempting at his life. Since then, he had taken great care to travel in the proverbial shadows, and had finally made it safely to Pan, there to seek out old "friends" to gain clues to his predicament. Little was known about Al'Sayeed's past and origins, but it was clearly fraught with the shadier sides of Panian society, and his contacts were many. By now, his investigations were starting to bear fruit.

46028009525_a48ec507e5_c.jpg

Personal diary, 29th of August, 619AE

Eureka! Perhaps such a word is too optimistic for my situation, but I have now discovered my enemy - my stepbrother! As my father remarried, I was graced with the pleasure of a new fraternal acquaintance. I never took much note of it at the time, as he was but a large boy, but these last 20 years he seems to have put to good use! He has usurped the "organisation" for his own means, discarding generations of strict adherence to the codex, and expanded into ventures unthinkable in my fathers time.

I see now that the faults I saw in Muhktaar as a boy, his arrogance and egoism, in full measure, and must react. I hope that I still have friends within, and shall make my way to the port. Rumour has it three vessels of the organisation are currently moored there, and their captains imprisoned for refusing his nefarious schemes. I shall test their loyalty, and perhaps... Perhaps we can deal a blow Muhktaar will rue to his end..."

___________________________________---

Another modest installment in Al'Sayeed's storyline. Since I have three arabic style vessels nearing completion (and have had for a long time...), I thought I would try to build a little story for Al'Sayeed (and how they will come about to be in Corlander hands), who has always been a bit of an enigma for me.

C&C welcome, as always.

Very nice middle eastern themed build Bregir, I like the lower level for the food stand and the blue door/curtains look great!

Excellent middle eastern vibe to the build. Great build, and several good minifig choices. Well done! :thumbup:

Nice clean build. Instantly recognizable as "Middle Eastern". I really like the way you did the blue curtains and the offset door.

Loved this build when it first appeared on Flickr a while ago. I especially like the multiple level aspect of the scene with the busy market place at the bottom and the buildings at the top. I am looking forward to seeing where Al'Sayeed's story goes!

Great lively scene with a truly "southern vibe", well done!

I especially like the layered walls on the white building, and the height variation given by the two levels. Any chance we could get a shot from slightly above?

Great build, it really has a strong Arabian feel, very consistent with the description of Pan! The white building is surely the best, but the tan tower in the background is very well executed too!