Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[Cor Aug FB2] Pump Station, Port Woodhouse

As the settlement of Port Woodhouse grows, the authorities have had to address the shortage of surface fresh water available on the island. The Royal Corps of Engineers conducted an extensive survey and discovered large underground aquifers. Taking inspiration from developments in Spudkirk, they have constructed a series of wind-powered pump stations to bring the water to the surface. From the pump stations, canals carry the water to a central reservoir to service the needs of the settlement.

48639361121_3c3feb8839_c.jpg

One of the pump stations can be seen here, with an engineer surveyor and redcoat guard. The pump stations utilise experimental vertical shafts that can take advantage of wind from all directions. Now Port Woodhouse has reliable access to sufficient fresh water to ensure the continued growth of the settlement.

A quick digital BoBS build while I am away from my bricks for a couple of weeks. The island description for Garma's Key states "The Key benefits from the rain that falls on its nearby islands, but does not maintain much fresh water of its own." so I've been meaning to address this for some time. The windmill is heavily influenced by this build by bidlopavidlo. The pump station will be licensed as a small factory for Port Woodhouse.

Brilliant build, as always from you @Ayrlego!

The variety in colours and structures is well balanced with the pretty clean look you have set for Port Woodhouse. The "windmill" section looks impressive, and can only guess how annoying it must have been to do that in LDD. An overall great MOC, well done! :thumbup:

If I had to raise an eyebrow, I would ask how and why that poor soldier got onto the roof - there seems to be no skylight or ladder. :pir-grin:

Yes, another windmill style and purpose! Well done. I especially applaud the fact that you've taken the island description to heart for the inspiration. :thumbup:

Lovely build! The stream of water and the mill itself are inventive and very well-executed! I noticed only later the nice angle of the building, another nice touch!