Roadmonkeytj

[LOGO Contest] Design the official BoBS Logo!

Cat A voting  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cat A submission should be our new forum banner?

• LM71Blackbird
    • Kai NRG
    • Kurigan

Here's the beginning of a Cat A entry.  I like to WIP my digital designs so if anyone has suggestions I'll be glad to consider them!

Its been discussed and the deadline is being extended two additional weeks to allow for more entries as we only got 2 Cat A entries and no cat B

First thing I did was to create a map with all the flags I could find as a background layer.
You can use this for your own designs, if you want. Just PM me for the transparent version, flickr adds the white background automatically.
48859136453_f5e6c95c3a_b.jpg

While we're at, I've updated mine so here's the latest (and probably last) version:

BoBS%20Logo%20Minifigures%2C%20take%202.jpg

Just a though, on the 18th, as I sit on my "coffee break" wondering what's going to come of this: It honestly doesn't look like much. :pir-sceptic: Thankfully there are these entries to get something going on so the effort isn't a loss. I bet if you kept it going, more entries would inspire others to jump on board, much like @Kai NRG did for me. With that in mind, why not transition this to a guild/college just for generating promotional artwork for the game? I'd suggest pinning a submissions thread and have a floating discussion thread for WIPs and advice (much like the Shipwrights Guild Hall). An archive of useful images and elements might be handy as well (though I really don't want to volunteer to maintain it myself either :pir-look:) I've got a few more ideas myslef, for CAT B too, but just haven't had time to materialize them; it just takes time and that's a commodity I'm short on.

I've got a loose idea for Cat B too that I think could be really cool, but don't expect to have time for it soon.  It seems to me that Cat A is kind of a one time (or once in a long time) thing since presumably the banner is meant to be used as a banner; but having some sort of ongoing Cat. B might be a good idea?

On the other hand I would still not have done a Cat. A entry if it weren't for the deadline. :pir-wink:

On 10/18/2019 at 5:20 PM, kurigan said:

I'd suggest pinning a submissions thread and have a floating discussion thread for WIPs and advice

agreed

Ok All the pole is posted I will leave it up for a couple weeks! Also since there was interest in Cat B but none completed the Cat B deadline has been extended till Nov 13.  Cat A is currently closed but definitely will keep the idea of future banners open, so we dont get a stale bunny feeling lol.

6 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Ok All the pole is posted I will leave it up for a couple weeks! Also since there was interest in Cat B but none completed the Cat B deadline has been extended till Nov 13.  Cat A is currently closed but definitely will keep the idea of future banners open, so we dont get a stale bunny feeling lol.

Good to hear Cat b will remain open. I've definitely got ideas for that!

Question, am I allowed to vote for myself? :look:

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Question, am I allowed to vote for myself?

Well now we know who your voting for ... Lol but yes the one you like the best.

2 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Well now we know who your voting for ... Lol but yes the one you like the best.

Lol! Just had to ask to make sure... Thanks!

Was a hard decision, but I liked @Kai NRG's entry the most.
Thanks to all who put some work into this challenge.

I won't get my Cat B entry done soon, but as long as no one submits one, I'll continue with it. Maybe even, if someone beats me to it, as some advertising will always come in handy.