Sign in to follow this  
DonRamon1981

Realistic.... unrealistic....

I told Darnok the place where you can buy that books, it's academic history books provided by the government for education.

This is just one of them, but like in history, neef to read all books from that era as there is no specific piraracy books like with history if countries, Sea Powers and Colonial Empires. 

Maybe I start to scan the books one day (I don't know if that's legal?) But it's really a lot. 

I would recommend the history of British Empire a lot as they brought piracy to an abrupt end, with a lot of real interesting stories additional to it (like he Opium Wars during the 19th century, when Britain beat China with a handful of their warships, humiliating them with the "unfair contracts" to allow... OPIUM Dealing in China by the British!!!) Yeah the biggest drug dealer in history was the British Empire...

Sorry again for the off topic, history is just crazy sometimes.

That's one but it's way bigger as piracy in the Caribbean was just a very short era

https://m.bpb.de/apuz/149607/schrecken-der-ozeane-eine-kurze-globalgeschichte-der-piraterie

Edited by DonRamon1981

P.S. the description tells you why it is so hard to collect real Pirate History, as there are just very few real history books but a lot of fictional and romantic stuff that got nothing to do with the real history. And the pirates themselves mostly couldn't write so there are almost no documents from pirates in history.

I am sorry for being like that to y'all as it is easier when you studied that stuff to know where to get proper sources from as I had to learn how to do that. Sometimes I am just in a bad mood as family life and work are going to fulfil mostly of my time - so sorry again for being arrogant calling you lazy

I am sorry  also that I don't have sources in English.

...as the British Empire has been the biggest Drug Dealer in history, I can provide you with historical documents from National Geographic about that, if someone's interested.

Edited by DonRamon1981

Look at the original California Bear Flag - the first one they ever flew was horrible. I think a flag is a flag, and its quality depends entirely on the talents of the person creating it.

1 hour ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Look at the original California Bear Flag - the first one they ever flew was horrible. I think a flag is a flag, and its quality depends entirely on the talents of the person creating it.

Yeah you right, also the first BasketballTeam Logos looked... well judge yourself (sorry for off topic)

atlanta-hawks-historical-logo-nba-funny-

d5452df7cf934810bae70d1a18f43d64.jpg

...Just because we think today it looks childish, it maybe didn't back then. We don't need to get back too long, look at these, in my opinion really bad logos from aome NBA teams or childish funny (the Nuggets logo....)

Back to topic but now without any historical reference so I don't know where this flag really comes from, but it's my favourite pirate flag right now in original red, I would love to have that as the Caravel will be back to a pirate ship for playing this flag would be awesome...

mp-840x860-gloss-f8f8f8-t-pad-1000x1000-

...and without Football i would love the Buccaneers Flag too

Edited by DonRamon1981

Thank you DonRamon for sharing all these facts and informations! I'm really liking the red flag too, it would be so cool if Lego actually released one like that :pir-grin:

12 hours ago, Ultimo said:

Thank you DonRamon for sharing all these facts and informations! I'm really liking the red flag too, it would be so cool if Lego actually released one like that :pir-grin:

Maybe some of the people here can make that? I would pay for that! 

16 hours ago, DonRamon1981 said:

Maybe some of the people here can make that? I would pay for that! 

I have used this service (from Germany, so reasonable postage for you) before to get custom prints on some parts. Not exactly cheap, but not terribly expensive either. The quality received was exellent, so I can only recommend it if you want something of your own and/or special.

Edited by Darnok

20 minutes ago, Darnok said:

I have used this service (from Germany, so reasonable postage for you) before to get custom prints on some parts. Not exactly cheap, but not terribly expensive either. The quality received was exellent, so I can only recommend it if you want something of your own and/or special.

Wow...  I can print also uniforms on Mini Figs there, thank you I will definitely have to try that 

Thank you Darnok for sharing the link, that looks really interesting. However I browsed their catalog and they do not have the big red flag in there.
I'll try to contact them and ask if there is a chance they could print also on different bricks/flags outside of their catalogue.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:55 AM, Ultimo said:

Thank you Darnok for sharing the link, that looks really interesting. However I browsed their catalog and they do not have the big red flag in there.
I'll try to contact them and ask if there is a chance they could print also on different bricks/flags outside of their catalogue.

True, their parts selsection has its limit. But if I remember correctly you also have the option to send them parts you want prints on - definitely send them a mail and just ask. Worst thing to happen is a "sorry, no".

3 hours ago, Darnok said:

True, their parts selsection has its limit. But if I remember correctly you also have the option to send them parts you want prints on - definitely send them a mail and just ask. Worst thing to happen is a "sorry, no".

I wrote them the other day, I will let you all know when they reply me. I didn't notice the possibility to send them very own parts, that could work well though!

2 hours ago, Ultimo said:

I wrote them the other day, I will let you all know when they reply me. I didn't notice the possibility to send them very own parts, that could work well though!

That's really interesting. Looking forward what they answered. For MOC Building this is a really great addition.

So far nothing, I have tried using both the contact form on the website and also directly their email address, but I haven't recieved any reply. :pir-sad2: