Sign in to follow this  
Captain Green Hair

La Mort Royale

CGH's rigging never fails to impress me... But come on, you trusted Commodore Hornbricker with a ship of this magnificency(made up word perhaps?)... nah I'm just messing around, after all if you even let me see it I probably would be the idiot it trip and knock it over into pieces :pir-tongue:

There are so few two Decker frigates that are flagships. In fact, I think that this is the only one :pir-classic: Could you possibly show us some more pics of the crew? Because I am building a 24 gun frigate (actually, I have already built the hull, now I am just waiting on the mast pieces) and I want to know what your crew looks like

Actually, Commodore Horn bricker, Bonaparte and Admiral Bejuane both have a two deck ship. Someone else also does but I can't remember his name at the time...

Actually, Commodore Horn bricker, Bonaparte and Admiral Bejuane both have a two deck ship. Someone else also does but I can't remember his name at the time...

Man... I remember somebody else having one as well, but cannot remember... I am sure ZCerberus probably does... what doesn't he have :pir_laugh2:

No, what I meant was that there are very few 2 decker frigates. all the ones that you have posted are ships of the line

absolutely beutiful!!!!!!!!! please any tips from you will be accepted!

Captain Green/Bluehair has posted an entire manual on the forums here packed with tips on how to build a ship like this. I am not sure if it is posted in the tutorials section to search for "build a frigate" and you will find it for sure!

Man... I remember somebody else having one as well, but cannot remember... I am sure ZCerberus probably does... what doesn't he have :pir_laugh2:

I do not have a true two decker... yet... however, the latest version of the Phantom I am working on will be a two decker.

No, what I meant was that there are very few 2 decker frigates. all the ones that you have posted are ships of the line

What is your definition of a frigate? The term is used in several different eras in the age of sail and they all seem to mean something different.

For example, to some, the term means a war ship that was built for speed and manueverability with a long hull. To others it meant a ship with one (usually) full deck of guns placed on what would normally be the "second" gun deck or the "upper deck". In other words, it did not have guns on the lowest deck above the waterline like a "two deckers" would. To others it is the Royal Navies definition which I believe is largely based on the number of guns it caries and yet to others Frigate means a ship in the same vein as the USS Constitution which had a "flush" top deck and guns on two decks.

I think I get what you are saying though, it looks like a fast manueverable ship with two full (though relatively small) gun decks.

My definition for a frigate is a 6th rate(20-28 guns), 5th rate(32-44), and, depending on how you look at it, a 4th rate(50-60)

I am going off the rating system that was being used in the late 1700s