Here's my little dumper truck. Functions:

- drive & steering (obviously) with PF
- adjustable suspension angle (left/right) controlled by a Mindstorms EV3 unit that reads sideways tilt from an accelerometer to keep the truck upright; basically a self-leveling suspension
- dumping with EV3 reading PF remote using an IR sensor
Baja Claw TTC tires by RC4WD on Lego 56mm rims.

I've tried to fit more, but the problem with these trucks is that the chassis has actually little room, it needs to be pretty flat to fit under the cargo hold, and the area with the most room (front of the front axle) is taken up by the Mindstorms EV3 unit. There was a 4-speed transmission initially, but I've taken it out as it kept disengaging under stress (the truck weighs 4.156 kg).

Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/44849526@N06/albums/72157710566416217

Edited by Sariel

From a sheer looks perspective, you did an amazing job at recreating the real thing. I love it!

I love the idea with the automatic level adjustment as well. I bet with some programming it could work in realtime, though you probably already fiddled a lot with it, just to get it to work in the first place already..

However, I am not a fan of the way you attached the bucket. Using thin liftarms with no triangular reinforcement is bound to make it wobble. Sure it's gonna hold, but I think you should've put a bit more work into that area.

Otherwise, awesome MOC, and I can't wait to see your next one!

"We shape the things we build, thereafter they shape us." - Caterpillar motto

Helluva beast, Sariel! Truly the product of time and effort. Worth the wait. :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Sariel said:

little dumper truck.

I like your definition of "little" :laugh:

Jokes apart it's an impressive build, I really like the suspension system.

Awesome build. 

Brilliant self leveling suspension system! 

On a different matter, is there a chance to get a list of parts for the KV-1 before it goes official to get bricklink orders before they skyrocket?:iamded_lol:  

Excellent! I love big mining rigs, and this is great. :excited:

The wobbling of the elevated bed is about the only distraction, as previously mentioned. Otherwise, nice.

But... you have a slight typo in your title. :pir-wink: My first thought was, "Has CAT changed their nomenclature without me realizing it?" but I quickly realized otherwise.

Good work. Keep it up. :thumbup:

P.S. That is one brilliant pet food bowl. :grin:

8 hours ago, Ivorrr said:

On a different matter, is there a chance to get a list of parts for the KV-1 before it goes official to get bricklink orders before they skyrocket?:iamded_lol:  

I haven't made the virtual model yet, sorry. But it's almost all common white pieces, I don't think availability is going to be an issue.

Again great build!

Strangely I thought at first glance, that the proportions of the cabin are wrong, but its really that tiny in reality^^

As I am currently working on a Liebherr T264 dump truck myself, I also struggle if I should buy the 42099 just for the planetary gear hubs and the motors...