Sign in to follow this  
Sérgio

[MOC] Alco CP1320 (Ex Renfe 313)

These originally Spanish locomotives (Renfe Class 313) were purchased in 1988/9 for service in Portugal and returned in 1998, the truth is that I have never seen any in this live color scheme, only in photos.

7wide, about 1030 parts, 46 studs long with two L motors
3-axle Boggies with the middle one sliding sideways for easy turning.

Since I develop more locomotives digitally than I can physically do, this is one of the many waitlist models until they are created.
The locomotive was made in  Lego Digital Designer, with final adjustments in Stud.io, rendered with transparent background Photorealism in which in the end I superimposed on a real photo.

LEGO CP1320 Alco (Ex Renfe Class 313)

CP_1325.jpg

LEGO Alco CP1320 (Ex Renfe 313)

RENFE 313 Color Scheme after 1998 (i think so)

LEGO - Alco RENFE 313

313.jpg

More diferent Color Schemes of this locomotive to come...

Excellent work and great presentation- I particularly like the cutaway seen where you can even see how the trucks work (that is efficient engineering to get the gearing and sliding axle like that). Also a great reproduction of the prototype. Just one question/thought, is there any chance you could move the front cab window up, or at least the bottom of the window? On the prototype it looks like the bottom of the front window should be roughly in line with the bottom of the side windows.

6 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Excellent work and great presentation- I particularly like the cutaway seen where you can even see how the trucks work (that is efficient engineering to get the gearing and sliding axle like that). Also a great reproduction of the prototype. Just one question/thought, is there any chance you could move the front cab window up, or at least the bottom of the window? On the prototype it looks like the bottom of the front window should be roughly in line with the bottom of the side windows.

Thank you.

I know that, the window should go up, but I have a little problem, a stud from a bracket (lime parts are the window), and the only part I can put there is that panel, If i build in real life i will put a sticker cover the bottom of the panel, yes, its cheating, but I am ok with that :)

69888618_2343964162517996_72482612877574

[edit] Or... Maybe this could work :)

70166555_2258261764504011_19816084891552 

8 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

Nice work - it took me a while to realize that those were Lego models in the pictures with the backgrounds!

That is the idea :) Thank you!

Edited by Sérgio

Love the way you did the backgrounds.  Are you taking the models to a location or just editing them into a scaled photo?

The trains are really well put together as they dont look like lego at first.  

2 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Love the way you did the backgrounds.  Are you taking the models to a location or just editing them into a scaled photo?

The trains are really well put together as they dont look like lego at first.  

Thank you :) I superimposed the renders on the backgrounds who have similiar prespective, and edit a little bit. I'm doing all of these on my smartphone using PicsArt APP :)

My objective is to look more like a scale model and less a Lego train, if doesn't look like Lego, it means I did a good job :P

LEGO - Alco Azvi (Ex Renfe 313)

Another variation of this model

Edited by Sérgio

4 hours ago, Sérgio said:

Thank you :) I superimposed the renders on the backgrounds who have similiar prespective, and edit a little bit. I'm doing all of these on my smartphone using PicsArt APP :)

My objective is to look more like a scale model and less a Lego train, if doesn't look like Lego, it means I did a good job :P

LEGO - Alco Azvi (Ex Renfe 313)

Another variation of this model

Just needs some soot around the vents and you would never know its lego lol