Pondering the challenges presented by a growing city, Tabib D'Odo would often take refuge in his study to find some peace and quiet. His duties and responsibilities had increased dramatically over the past year as Mophet had grown from a quiet desert oasis into a rather large city. The previously scattered settlements and buildings had slowly merged together and a lot of new ones had been built. The walls of older settlements and forts in the region incorporated and renovated into proper city walls and with it, the formation of the official city guard of Mophet. All of this meant that a lot more things needed the attention of the leading members of the community, one of which was Tabib. 

All was not only pleasant with the growth of the city, as illustrated by the increased number of people with questionable motives that now frequented the markets and establishments. Tabib was especially concerned with the roumors that slave-traders had began to show up, transporting poor souls to who-knows-what. The matter had been discussed at length with some of the other members of the city counsil but some chose to look the other way as the trade did seem to generate a lot of revenue to the city. Tabib decided to write letters to some of the leading members of other prominant cities in Kaliphlin, hoping to gather support for tougher laws against this horrific custom. 

48619404742_c1e66a66a0_c.jpg

So this is a small vig I created to show the inside of my sig-fig Tabib's study. I came up with a design for the floor which I rather liked (see below for a small tutorial) and then tried to decorated the room with a few things to make it a little more habitable. Hope you guys like it. cheers. 

48522527506_2ef5a30cda_c.jpg

In love it! All the little things and gadgets in the study. The middle parts from the HP staffs and the dark tan monster head. Awesome!

Interesting thing with the slave traders. Rumors of a connection to Noctornus maybe? Is it the gladiator arena in Mophet that is a part of the trading?

I really like the use of those wall-paper bricks!  The floor design is neat too, a little gappy from the higher angles but looks very nice from the ordinary point of view!

Really nice build.  I like the different colors in the wall and the use of the wall paper pieces.  The floor is a unique idea, really interesting.  I also like the table with the horn pieces for legs.  There is nice touch of green with the potted plants.  That is a lot of food for one guy though lol.  

Very pretty!  I love your consistent color palette, and the use of the tiled sand green on white bricks.  I thought they were cool but couldn't think of a medieval use for them so missed the opportunity to buy them and now regret it.  I think they're spectacular in your mideastern themed build, and should have thought of that at the time.  Your floor is well done, and it gives me some ideas about how to make some interesting rockwork using a similar technique.  All of the stuff in Tabib's study cracks me up--it's a great attention to detail.  Is this a standalone vignette or does it place into the interior of one of your buildings?  I ask because the scale of what you usually build is pretty big.  Great job!

This looks very good indeed. The walls have a nice oriental feel to them and the decor works really well too. With its colours and bit and pieces everywhere, It reminds me a lot of how people imagine Leonardo's Workshop. :classic:

What a great, lifelike build! The level of detail is rather impressive. I especially love the area around the cloak hanger : it really looks like the stuff has been randomly dropped there. Like most of us do with coats, keys or handbags at home *hem

Edited by Aurore
typo

Very nice, especially the recessed green and white walls.  The desk full of equipment and notes is very good.  I can imagine Tabib D'Odo taking a break from governance and working on  a new healing potion or balm.  Something that makes sense and is achievable in comparison to dealing with constant city troubles.

The floor tiles are very cool  too, along  with the various plants and trays of uneaten food.  The workshop of a true master!

On 8/26/2019 at 5:26 PM, Zilmrud said:

In love it! All the little things and gadgets in the study. The middle parts from the HP staffs and the dark tan monster head. Awesome!

Interesting thing with the slave traders. Rumors of a connection to Noctornus maybe? Is it the gladiator arena in Mophet that is a part of the trading?

Thanks a lot bro! We'll see where this story ends up, the fighting pit is definately a place where quite a few souls have met their demise... 

On 8/26/2019 at 8:34 PM, DeCommander96 said:

Dude this is awesome! I love the wall patterns and the floor! Know how long it took to make?

Thanks man! I worked on it for about two evenings I think. Probably a bit longer if you include figuring out the floor pattern in my head, haha!

On 8/26/2019 at 9:24 PM, Kai NRG said:

I really like the use of those wall-paper bricks!  The floor design is neat too, a little gappy from the higher angles but looks very nice from the ordinary point of view!

Thanks dude! Love those wall-paper bricks, haha! The floor is meant to be viewed from a fairly low angle but I see your point :wink:

On 8/27/2019 at 3:08 AM, zoth33 said:

Really nice build.  I like the different colors in the wall and the use of the wall paper pieces.  The floor is a unique idea, really interesting.  I also like the table with the horn pieces for legs.  There is nice touch of green with the potted plants.  That is a lot of food for one guy though lol.  

Thank you! Tabib is a hungry man, haha! 

On 8/27/2019 at 5:14 AM, Grover said:

Very pretty!  I love your consistent color palette, and the use of the tiled sand green on white bricks.  I thought they were cool but couldn't think of a medieval use for them so missed the opportunity to buy them and now regret it.  I think they're spectacular in your mideastern themed build, and should have thought of that at the time.  Your floor is well done, and it gives me some ideas about how to make some interesting rockwork using a similar technique.  All of the stuff in Tabib's study cracks me up--it's a great attention to detail.  Is this a standalone vignette or does it place into the interior of one of your buildings?  I ask because the scale of what you usually build is pretty big.  Great job!

Cheers! Trying to have some sort of standard in terms of colourscheme to identify it as a Mophet-build. Glad you like the wall-paper bricks as I find they fit rather nicely with a middle eastern theme. So far it's a stand-alone vig but we'll see if I incorporate it in a bigger build somewhere down the line. 

On 8/27/2019 at 2:08 PM, Littleworlds said:

This looks very good indeed. The walls have a nice oriental feel to them and the decor works really well too. With its colours and bit and pieces everywhere, It reminds me a lot of how people imagine Leonardo's Workshop. :classic:

Thank you, went for sort of a renaissance man-feel so glad you liked it!

On 8/27/2019 at 5:49 PM, Aurore said:

What a great, lifelike build! The level of detail is rather impressive. I especially love the area around the cloak hanger : it really looks like the stuff has been randomly dropped there. Like most of us do with coats, keys or handbags at home *hem

Haha, thank you very much! Had a lot of fun making all the little details to give it more of a cozy feel. 

On 8/29/2019 at 4:33 AM, Muakhah said:

Very nice, especially the recessed green and white walls.  The desk full of equipment and notes is very good.  I can imagine Tabib D'Odo taking a break from governance and working on  a new healing potion or balm.  Something that makes sense and is achievable in comparison to dealing with constant city troubles.

The floor tiles are very cool  too, along  with the various plants and trays of uneaten food.  The workshop of a true master!

Cheers man! Tabib does need to clear his head from time to time, haha!

On 8/30/2019 at 5:21 PM, Eoin Wallace said:

Awesome! My favorites are the floor and walls:wub:

Thanks a lot, glad to hear!

You’ve done a great job of packing a somewhat small scene with tons of detail, really bringing it to life. I love your floor tile design, but I’m curious what the units might look like with 1x1 tiles, rather than plates, to continue that masonry texture a little further.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:44 PM, The Stad said:

You’ve done a great job of packing a somewhat small scene with tons of detail, really bringing it to life. I love your floor tile design, but I’m curious what the units might look like with 1x1 tiles, rather than plates, to continue that masonry texture a little further.

Thanks! Using tiles instead of plates would probably be a very good idea as it gives it even more texture, I'll probably try that at some point :sweet: :thumbup:

Nifty floor pattern using curved and inverted slopes! The stripes in the walls add some nice touches of color, and the variety of details included in the study are excellent :thumbup:

On 11/24/2019 at 7:35 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Nifty floor pattern using curved and inverted slopes! The stripes in the walls add some nice touches of color, and the variety of details included in the study are excellent :thumbup:

Thank you man, glad you like some of the details as well :sweet:

On 12/29/2019 at 10:58 PM, mrcp6d said:

Sweet build.  Lots of little details to absorb.  :thumbup:

Cheers dude, glad to hear :sweet: