Sign in to follow this  
Elephant Knight

HMS Horshwaddle

So after finishing the White card, I went right ahead and continued my Imperial fleet. This ship took only two days from start to finish, but considering I went a very different route than the White Card, It shouldn't be surprising.

48589386561_427079903e.jpgHMS Horshwaddle by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

I intentionally went for a very set like aesthetic. having an extra main sail and spanker from the 90s Imperial flagship kicking around was a big incentive. (The lack of rigging is also what made this ship a two day build.)

48589385791_5503d642ba.jpgHMS Horshwaddle by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

48589384991_51073f3f83.jpgHMS Horshwaddle by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

Sailing aside the Flagship for comparison.

48589387226_b1d7b3bfe5.jpgHMS Horshwaddle by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

The octopus looks a little tacked on, but half the reason for the octopus being there is related to my Pirate comic. It makes sense in context, I guess.

48589529212_b8d4d47f4d.jpgHMS Horshwaddle by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

As always, comments are appreciated!

EKnight

Wow, looks fantastic :grin_wub:! I've always been a sucker for the original Imperial Flagship (probably my favorite ship), so as you can imagine seeing this beauty made my day. I've always found it difficult to mimic the uniqueness of Lego's ship layouts, but this ship and your White Card seem to have captured that vintage feel that all of us appreciate very well. Also, I love the fact that you added the hook with the barrel. Such a simple addition, but really adds to the nostalgic look of the ship.

Glad to see that you added your own sails with the same color as the original flagship instead of just using the one mainsail they had. As for the octopus, I honestly think it looks rather neat. In terms of aesthetics, it actually fits well with the the back cabin and looks like something that would be carved. 

Once again, great job! Also, where did you get the figure head? It's hilarious!

Thanks for the appreciative comment!

The figurehead came from a loose lot of Lego I got many years, but came from Freestyle sets back in the 90s, I think.

EKnight

Nice rendition of the old flagship to an upper size dimension !

Now it deserves its name of "Flagship" ! Good job !

You managed to keep the aesthetic of the old Pirate style with it ! That's great !

A gret ship !