Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Many Adventures of the Whacker and the Walrus #6

Language is so interesting, isn't it? I love the little discussion that one word sparked and how different people in different regions say completely different things. It's hard to learn a language in a classroom environment because what people say depends so much on geography. I hope my comic continues to spark little discussion like this. Thanks. :blush:

Plus I'm still not sure what a Tiber is. :laugh:

Yes, that was my biggest disapointment! :tongue: Other than that the MOCs are great, the story funny (while odd), and the death scene enjoyable! The monster truck was an especially nice surprise. The airship turned out good as a set piece, but I was surprised that the rotors didn't seem to be moving. Must be a fast camera... :grin:

Will the next part solve the bucket delemma? Stay tuned!

This was one of my favourites so far... the plot didn't seem any more random to me than previous episodes.

I really enjoy your dialogue, and all the clever comments between the characters. I was laughing at many of the scenes. :tongue:

Like others mentioned, the creations were really top-notch in this episode. Great job with that. :thumbup: Thanks for including me in the background. :blush::sweet:

Isn't tiber a river or something?

Isn't tiber a river or something?

The Tiber is a river in Italy and flows as far as I know through Rome.

In the computergame "Command and Conquer" The strange alien plant which generate money if you collect it with a harvester is called "Tiberium" because the plant was first found by this river (in the story of the game).

And I think it is only used here in Antwerpen and surrounding places in Gent for example they would say De MAX!.

While all dutch people seem to call everything they like lekker which just means tasty. I find that very funny :)

Over here in West-Flanders, when we find something cool, we call it 'bere', which means 'bear' in English :grin: . We use 'lekker' too, but it is usually pronounced as 'le'er' without the 'k' :tongue: .

The Tiber is a river in Italy and flows as far as I know through Rome.

In the computergame "Command and Conquer" The strange alien plant which generate money if you collect it with a harvester is called "Tiberium" because the plant was first found by this river (in the story of the game).

That river is called Tevere in Italian :wink: And Tiberium was the name of the Roman Emperor during Pilate's government on Judaea [the tiberium seems also to be a temple dedicated to the same Emperor (by Pliate himself :look: ?)].

LuxorV

I really enjoyed the issue. The only thing I'd have to remark, or better said, I was hoping to see, were some more town scenes in that lovely little modular city you're making. :blush: And perhaps it's just my little affection for Akira Kurosawa that has influenced me but I really enjoy rain on the screen as well :tongue:

Over here in West-Flanders, when we find something cool, we call it 'bere', which means 'bear' in English :grin: . We use 'lekker' too, but it is usually pronounced as 'le'er' without the 'k' :tongue: .

Here in Antwerp - as far as I know that is - we tend to either put 'kei' in front of a word to make it "very" (literally translated it means small rock). Other times we also say "vet" which literally means "fat" but means really cool in that context. :sweet:

Come to think of it, it always struck me how the internet acronym 'lol' is also a Dutch word for 'fun'. That caused confusion on my part when I first took notice of the term on english forums. :pirate:

Edited by Hairy Ruben

That river is called Tevere in Italian :wink: And Tiberium was the name of the Roman Emperor during Pilate's government on Judaea [the tiberium seems also to be a temple dedicated to the same Emperor (by Pliate himself :look: ?)].

LuxorV

Thank you for the correction on the river. I think I only know how it's called in Dutch. :classic:

That Emperor is called in Dutch Bibles "Tiberias". :tongue:

Jeez! When's the next one comin out? :hmpf_bad:

Woaah, this is SOOOO cool ! You are a genius, a true, fullborn genius. This is better then ANY Lego comic i've seen.

Please make more of these, I am going to search this forum for the rest as well.

I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E !!!