Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Many Adventures of the Whacker and the Walrus #6

After a long hiatus-I had to build a steampunk Pirate ship for this issue-here is the latest issue of The Many Adventures of the Whacker and the Walrus. We've got three new characters based off EB members in this issue, but unfortunately, we see the death of one of the comic's characters :cry_sad: ...but these things happen! :sweet: So enjoy! And, as always, feel free to let me know what you think of it...

issue_guide.jpg

Click the image to read the issue...

Very awesome story! Hope the sequel is as good. :tongue:

Very catching story this far, Hinckley :thumbup: And great new creations: the monster truck is just amazing, and the Copmike bot and Steampunk Pirate Ship are beautiful :wub: .

I'm sure Captain Green Hair's revenge will be terrible :skull: !

Can't wait to see next issue!

LuxorV

:laugh: Thanks for another brilliant comic!

Hilarious! I especially loved the Ras/Hobbes scene :laugh: The EB and Fabuland Houswives cameos were a nice touch too. I love the steampunk ship and Copmike's sigfig mecha, they're both put to good use in this installment. Though, is there a reason as to why Bonaparte's bicorne changes to a skull and crossbones printing, then back to a plain one again?

Great stuff, I can't wait for the conclusion :sweet:

Though, is there a reason as to why Bonaparte's bicorne changes to a skull and crossbones printing, then back to a plain one again?

Of course there's a reason. The meaning behind that will be revealed eventually and you'll think "Wow, brilliant! I can't believe Hinckley thought of something so cool and organized such an intricate plot." ...or maybe I megablocksed up. :blush:

It's good. I still love the ship, but the plot became a little too random for me, which is never a good sign when you consider that in the EBRP I'm running a 190yr old wizard, 4 talking birds, a princess in disguise, 2 knights and a pile of mysteries and intrigue in Crown kingdom, all while trying to throw in senseless jokes and cultural references. Did I mention that Aluvar is my grandfather, and will be visiting the 1600's at some point to pick me up on my pirate ship, so I can help in the past, before depositing me in the present so I can do EB News wearing an eyepatch? :wacko:

Still, I like it, it's a good effort, it's just doesn't click like some of the previous ones. I can't pinpoint why, though. I think you've just been too busy doing so many things. :sad:

Plus I'm still not sure what a Tiber is. :laugh:

Of course there's a reason. The meaning behind that will be revealed eventually and you'll think "Wow, brilliant! I can't believe Hinckley thought of something so cool and organized such an intricate plot." ...or maybe I megablocksed up. :blush:

Don't toy with them, they aren't actors, they don't understand the intricate way in which a plot can work, the subtle nuances that mean so much.

You know, if you'd waited for me to come along, I could have made up something and saved your megablocks. :tongue:

That's unfortunate considering I thought this was my strongest plot yet. :cry_sad: Oh well...too bad we're not friends anymore.

:tongue:

Just kidding. Thanks for the feedback.

Hahaha, great, i love all the cool mocs in there! :thumbup:

But me landing on Ras's spearholder thingy?

You thought you killed me, but it takes more then a tiny spear to kill me!

Now it is time to take some revenge..muhahahaha :devil:

I swear, you make the best comics out there! :wub:

I liked all the cameos you were using as well, especially Sir Dillon :thumbup: I'll probaly read through this another 3-4 times just for the heck of it, this is my favorite one so far :wub:

I love how you make Sinner look so stupid in these, it makes me laugh so much! Im looking forward to the next one already. :sweet:

Very nice. I especially like Captain Whack and the Flying Walrus.

3 thumbs up

BTW: "Bangelijk" is not "really cool" As far as I know, but "afraid-ish" or I 'm not so good in Dutch dialects.

3 thumbs up

BTW: "Bangelijk" is not "really cool" As far as I know, but "afraid-ish" or I 'm not so good in Dutch dialects.

"Afraid-ish" would be a more literal translation of the word, but actually its meaning is more along the lines of awesome, really cool, etc.

I really loved this issue, one of the best ones so far :thumbup: ! Copmike's mech is just kick megablocks :devil: .

A very fine and hilarious work with an adorable flying pirate vessel indeed, and this time with a nearly

philosophical touch as well.... "How could this end when there would be a good moral...?" :look:

Well, luckily enough we´ll never know.... :tongue:Captain Whack and The Flying Walrus, save the day on! :thumbup:

You can't go wrong with fart jokes and wedgie jokes! That's always comedy gold!

Great stuff, Hinckley, and terrific photography, as always.

Hahaha, great, i love all the cool mocs in there! :thumbup:

But me landing on Ras's spearholder thingy?

You thought you killed me, but it takes more then a tiny spear to kill me!

Now it is time to take some revenge..muhahahaha :devil:

Your loss of all that blood is enough to finish you off :tongue: .

_________

It was a good episode...a bit random... it was a fun read and some funny moments.

Though, I think the photography was a bit too bright and was a bit distracting.

Good job Hinckley, it was a bit of a laugh. This is admittingly my least favourite one so far, while the Viking one focused on dreams and crazed antics, and the others a more closed story about the characters, this just seemed to contain too much randomness for a supposedly real world. Where did Copmike's mech come from? Why does Tiber want the boat anyway? Where did the ship come from? What the heck was that thing that flew across the screen?

It just seemed to me that it included a lot of great constructions, but none of the clever skits or small moments I found in the others. Still made me laugh in a few places though, and your photography is excellent.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

What the heck was that thing that flew across the screen?

What? What did I miss? :blush:

What? What did I miss? :blush:

Nothing, it was just a joke :wink:

:laugh: Good episode. Slapstick comedy...You can never mess that up. :thumbup:

What were the three new mini-figs? I only see one, or two. I need help. :blush:

mando_helmet_viking_2.png

Good job Hinckley, it was a bit of a laugh. This is admittingly my least favourite one so far, while the Viking one focused on dreams and crazed antics, and the others a more closed story about the characters, this just seemed to contain too much randomness for a supposedly real world. Where did Copmike's mech come from? Why does Tiber want the boat anyway? Where did the ship come from? What the heck was that thing that flew across the screen?

It just seemed to me that it included a lot of great constructions, but none of the clever skits or small moments I found in the others. Still made me laugh in a few places though, and your photography is excellent.

Aw well, can't please all the people all the time. It does surprise me that some people find this one so random when I really tried to focus on a central conflict: Tiber kidnapping Collette. Lots happened: I introduced two villains, we found the bucket, Collette and Sinner's relationship grew, a character died, we find out Sinner wears motorcycle print underpants...all moving the central story along. In comparison the other issues are just string of violence and underwear jokes. Oh well, I shall just have to make it much more random next time to please you. :tongue: If you want to know where the copmike mech came from, I'm afraid you're looking too deep into things. You won't find plot or realism here. If I told you why Tiber wanted the boat and where it came from, there'd be no reason for you to keep tuning in. Isn't the suspense killing you? But, you laughed and that's all I really care about. Glad you were able to enjoy it despite the plot holes. :blush:

:laugh: Good episode. Slapstick comedy...You can never mess that up. :thumbup:

What were the three new mini-figs? I only see one, or two. I need help. :blush:

Captain Green Hair, Mr. Tiber and kimt.

You're in there too, in the hot rod with Sir Dillon, but you're already a character. I think you may have been cut out of the shot by cropping or a word bubble. Sorry :blush: but you were on the set! And you'll be back in future episodes... :classic:

but you were on the set! And you'll be back in future episodes... :classic:

Ah, ain't that always th' way. :tongue: Of course, you know what I'm going to ask...

When's the new episode?! :wink:

(At least it's better than being stuck in a barrel...)

The next issue will come after the next episode of Fabuland Housewives...

3 thumbs up

''Bangelijk'' means cool in Belgium i believe :classic:

''Bangelijk'' means cool in Belgium i believe :classic:

And I think it is only used here in Antwerpen and surrounding places in Gent for example they would say De MAX!.

While all dutch people seem to call everything they like lekker which just means tasty. I find that very funny :)

Edited by highlandcattle