PaddyBricksplitter

[MOC] Clockwork Golem

Hi all.

I have been getting into more constraction building lately. Hitting up ebay and getting the Star Wars buildable figures to increase my parts collection. This build started off by experimenting with methods for making eyes, here achieved by placing Friends lipsticks into the studs with hole pieces. After that I went with the gold Bionicle piece for the head and it reminded me of those clockwork soldiers from Dishonored 2, Return to Oz and D&D. So I built a figure with those influences in mind. It's called "Clockwork Golem".

Hope ya like it ;)

48583439756_9b7e591b96_z.jpg

Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

This is really neat! I love the good color and the use of the lipstick pieces for eyes. The gears are a nice touch. I never could really master the constraction building style as I was not used to the parts and gave up after awhile. Something to consider if you want to build up a parts collection, is Galidor. Some of the pieces are pretty useful. I picked up the TDN module along with Gorm and Euripides, and they aren't as bad as some make them out to be. Just a thought to consider.

Edited by legostarwars1425

16 hours ago, legostarwars1425 said:

This is really neat! I love the good color and the use of the lipstick pieces for eyes. The gears are a nice touch. I never could really master the constraction building style as I was not used to the parts and gave up after awhile. Something to consider if you want to build up a parts collection, is Galidor. Some of the pieces are pretty useful. I picked up the TDN module along with Gorm and Euripides, and they aren't as bad as some make them out to be. Just a thought to consider.

Thanks, I am glad you like it. It has taken me a few months to get to grips with constraction. I am still learning and experimenting. Learning the methods for making connections between system, technic and CCBS.

I have not considered Galidor, I will check that out today. Thanks :thumbup:

17 hours ago, PaddyBricksplitter said:

Thanks, I am glad you like it. It has taken me a few months to get to grips with constraction. I am still learning and experimenting. Learning the methods for making connections between system, technic and CCBS.

I have not considered Galidor, I will check that out today. Thanks :thumbup:

No problem. I think I'll give CCBS another try. It seems like it's worth another shot. I didn't see the display stand beforehand, and that looks amazing as well. Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

14 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Lovely pupet (golem) I like the steampunk style with those gears!:wub:

Great work as usual!

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Graceful and dynamic. It reminds me of concept art for Morrowind. Really cool! :classic:

Clockwork City, yes it is a similar idea :classic: Glad you like it :thumbup: