Recommended Posts

I designed a skyline of Disney World that features the four icons of the parks:

- Animal Kingdom: The Tree of Life
- Epcot: Spaceship Earth (with the "Leave a Legacy" plaques)
- The Magic Kingdom: Cinderella's Castle (with Walt Disney and Mickey statue)
- Hollywood Studios: The Tower of Terror (with Sunset Blvd.)

Instructions for anyone interested can be found here.

48502718981_4851df884d_h.jpg

48519074886_1bc139aa6b_h.jpg

48519074526_da65b702b5_h.jpg

Let me know what you think, and you can follow me on Instagram @BenBuildsLego!

 

Edited by thenightman89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is awesome! I am oddly impressed by the "nanoscale" elephant in Animal Kingdom. Definitely unorthodox part usage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

Very cute!

I think you captured all of the "icons" very well in mini Lego form, especially Cinderella's castle.

Thank you! That was the icon I was worried the most about since it's the most iconic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people expressed to me on my Instagram that they liked the castle, so I isolated it into its own mini-build!  It's just 4" by 4." 

Instructions for anyone interested can be found here.

48641654231_b5f2f5c85d_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'm dredging this post up, but I wondered if you had any thoughts about making the tree of life more 'bulky' if you know what I mean? You have nailed the other icons, but to me the straight trunk looks a bit off. There is this one I saw on Lego Ideas, although it is a slightly larger scale as it seems about 8 studs wide, but it looks more like the actual tree.

resize_800_450.png.fc2c0346b8e9567c94a3894d18033187.png

 

I am in the middle of buying all the parts from BL to hopefully build this one day so would love to see this modified slightly before I finish getting all the parts :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, stan_the_man said:

I know I'm dredging this post up, but I wondered if you had any thoughts about making the tree of life more 'bulky' if you know what I mean? You have nailed the other icons, but to me the straight trunk looks a bit off. There is this one I saw on Lego Ideas, although it is a slightly larger scale as it seems about 8 studs wide, but it looks more like the actual tree

That tree of life definitely looks nice. The issue is that I tried to make each icon to be at least somewhat in scale with each other.  The Tree of Life is 145 feet tall whereas Spaceship Earth is 180 feet tall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how you've tackled each one, and also the fact that they are in scale to each other. It was just a thought really :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 8:08 AM, stan_the_man said:

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how you've tackled each one, and also the fact that they are in scale to each other. It was just a thought really :classic:

No worries whatsoever - I appreciate hearing the feedback! :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your work is pretty amazing!  I'm a big fan.  I saw this and checked out some of your other work on Rebrickable.  Once I saw your LOTR skylines I went out and bought my first Architecture set (Paris Skyline) to see if I enjoyed building them.  Previously I was exclusively a Technic person.  

I'm just about ready to buy pieces for the Fellowship skyline.  Amazing work.  Also makes me think of series I could picture skylines for.  Do you like the Dune series of sci-fi??  

 

 

Edited by ian74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, ian74 said:

Your work is pretty amazing!  I'm a big fan.  I saw this and checked out some of your other work on Rebrickable.  Once I saw your LOTR skylines I went out and bought my first Architecture set (Paris Skyline) to see if I enjoyed building them.  Previously I was exclusively a Technic person.  

I'm just about ready to buy pieces for the Fellowship skyline.  Amazing work.  Also makes me think of series I could picture skylines for.  Do you like the Dune series of sci-fi??  

Thanks for the kind words! :sweet: 

I'm unfamiliar with Dune, but I may need to check it out to see if it could be a good fit for a skyline.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if you have any thoughts as to updating it now they are (finally) getting rid of the leave a legacy monoliths and are bringing back the awesome glass fountain statue :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, another question. It looks like you have the pearl gold screwdriver as a turret on the castle in the main skyline, but then a pearl gold unicorn horn in your standalone castle picture. Are these parts interchangeable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 10:57 AM, stan_the_man said:

I wonder if you have any thoughts as to updating it now they are (finally) getting rid of the leave a legacy monoliths and are bringing back the awesome glass fountain statue :wink:

I'll have to see what the final result looks like and whether it can fit into the space available - it seems like it could work!

5 hours ago, stan_the_man said:

Sorry, another question. It looks like you have the pearl gold screwdriver as a turret on the castle in the main skyline, but then a pearl gold unicorn horn in your standalone castle picture. Are these parts interchangeable?

Good eye! - And yes - I believe I switched it out since the unicorn horn in pearl gold is cheaper / more available than the pearl gold screwdriver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thenightman89 said:

I'll have to see what the final result looks like and whether it can fit into the space available - it seems like it could work!

Good eye! - And yes - I believe I switched it out since the unicorn horn in pearl gold is cheaper / more available than the pearl gold screwdriver. 

I only have a good eye because I'm trying to get all my bits from the UK, and no UK sellers have it, so I thought I'd have a look where you used it and lo and behold spotted the unicorn on the castle :blush: I shall amend my bricklist wanted list now I think :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 4:32 PM, Lionbear8 said:

These designs are truly special, love them! 

Thanks! Super appreciated! :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, thenightman89 said:

Thanks! Super appreciated! :wub:

Your welcome,  maybe you surprise us with a Dark Knight Trilogy design! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.