Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: Hidden Side 70423 Paranormal Intercept Bus 3000

Here is my video review on another Hidden Side set, 70423 Paranormal Intercept Bus 3000.

THE GOOD:

• Great minifigures! (This kind of apply to all Hidden Side sets)
  • The school bus is actually look better than in pictures.  I like the front, interior and the windows. (although I don't dig the big rear wheel arch)  It really gives me a zombie movies vibe.
  • Love the Haunted Toilet's way of attack =P

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• The toilet in non-haunted mode does look a bit incomplete from the top.

This is yet another great set in the Hidden Side Theme, I would still rate the shrimp boat and graveyard a bit higher.  And if you want to build a school bus, this is a good baseline to refer from.  It has the right coloured parts too.  Again, the minifigures are top notch. The torso for Jack will be very useful, don't forget the 2 construction workers too. I will recommend this set to you if you like haunted lego themes.

Having seen the school bus properly built, I'm going to have to get it now:  All it needs is the glass in the window frames in the back replaced with those grill pieces like they have up front (with maybe every other window replaced with those grooved bricks) and  the ghost zapping thing replaced with a twin .50 caliber MG turret (using BrickArms M2HBs), and you've got yourself a regular post-apocalyptic/Mad Max-style vehicle.

I find it interesting that they made the entire interior of the bus removable as a way to get access to it, rather than just popping the roof off, but I suppose it works.  I also find the fact that the haunted crapper attacks by LITERALLY talking crap. XD

I'm definitely going to be adding this to my Wastelander vehicle lineup as soon as I can get hold of the bus & make some modifications... I'm thinking maybe a heavy vehicle for the raider gangs or something. 

As it sits, it could fit well in Apocalypseburg. Just switch the techy stuff for more primitive arms. I’m forcing myself to not buy this(and the Shack) for now. Mostly waiting to see what’s up with that Juice Bar. I like the minifig line up the best in here, the alternates for Jack & Parker are great & my only chance to get J.B.

28 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I like the minifig line up the best in here, the alternates for Jack & Parker are great & my only chance to get J.B.

You get J.B. in her laboratory. *huh*

34 minutes ago, Darnok said:

You get J.B. in her laboratory. *huh*

Yeah, despite the price, I didn’t really plan on buying that set as I don’t find it all that interesting. The plan I’m sticking to, for now at least, is just the Graveyard, Boat, Shrimp Shack, & Bus. But the more I build the sets(I have Graveyard & Boat) & look at the others, the more I like it & will likely end up with everything...:wall:

Fair enough. The laboratory doesn't really interest me as is, but I have this weird idea of incorporating it into one of my Modulars - in some top floor, with parts of the equipment on the rooftop.

5 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

and you've got yourself a regular post-apocalyptic/Mad Max-style vehicle.

Yes indeed!

5 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

I also find the fact that the haunted crapper attacks by LITERALLY talking crap. XD

Given the upcoming CMF with poop piece, I think it's a thing with LEGO recently to go for crap XD

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I’m forcing myself to not buy this(and the Shack) for now. Mostly waiting to see what’s up with that Juice Bar.

Yes, I'm holding off on the Shack at the moment.  I really want it ASAP but just like you waiting for the Juice Bar promo.

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

will likely end up with everything

Highly likely the same here ... I already bought the school because of a 20% off promo at toy store near by neighbourhood. 

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

I have this weird idea of incorporating it into one of my Modulars - in some top floor,

That sounds interesting.  please share pics when you built it.

17 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

I find it interesting that they made the entire interior of the bus removable as a way to get access to it, rather than just popping the roof off, but I suppose it works.

There was actually a talk about this set (and the earlier Voltron set by the same designer) at BrickFair Virginia, which was recorded and uploaded here:

During the talk they explained some of the design considerations, including the slide-out interior. Basically, since part of how the app recognizes the position of the sets is by their silhouettes, they opted for an interior that can be removed without dramatically changing the shape of the bus itself.

13 hours ago, Darnok said:

Fair enough. The laboratory doesn't really interest me as is, but I have this weird idea of incorporating it into one of my Modulars - in some top floor, with parts of the equipment on the rooftop.

Ooh, that’s a cool idea...now I may have to get it.

12 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

Yes, I'm holding off on the Shack at the moment.  I really want it ASAP but just like you waiting for the Juice Bar promo.

Now we, sorta, have confirmation. According to Promobricks(2019 Hidden Side thread) has it set for tegu 2nd through 15th of next month. Hopefully we’ll soon find out where the rest of us stand on the promo timeline.