Sign in to follow this  
blueandwhite

[MOC] Hingston Castle

Sometimes life gets in the way so It's been a long, long, long time since I've posted a MOC. Hingston Castle is something I've been working on for a good amount of time. It is probably the biggest MOC I've made to date (and frankly bigger than I wanted to go) with a base measuring 176 by 192 studs. The castle has a full interior which definitely made the build more time consuming. In the future I hope to build more (and faster) as this castle took way longer than I had originally intended.

48555167797_00c6ea2087_z.jpg

A wizard in the bedchamber...

48554556521_265bb0702d.jpg

Dog tricks in the Great Hall...

48554720692_fb1370a2af.jpg

Dinner is served...

48554707207_5a2e3d2be6.jpg

At the gates; the entrance to Hingston Castle.

48554662817_3460ab2105.jpg

More images can be found here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGcXGqQ

That is insane.  I am honestly totally speechless looking at this masterpiece.  Amazing job!!

Wow!*oh2* That is beautiful! There is just so much detail in this! Do the walls come out by hinges?

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

Wow!*oh2* That is beautiful! There is just so much detail in this! Do the walls come out by hinges?

Thank you.

Yes, as you suggested the walls do indeed open on hinges. Each tower is hinged to open as is the back of the castle. The entire castle is accessible through a series of hinged doors.

Awesome castle.  I like what you did with the flippers on the outer windows looks great.  The interiors are so detailed, I like all the tapestries, fireplaces, columns, the tiled floors, and tables throughout the build.  The figs look great.  The landscaping all around looks lovely, especially all the trees and flowers.  The castle has some great texture to it.  Excellent job looks like a really fun build.  

My friend, tho is too impressive. Sooo much detail. And what amazes me the most is that you worked so well on all the flooring and ceilings, of each and every room. Impressive. To me, this level of attention to detail is what sets this masterpiece apart.

Awesome choice of colors too. I love the tan roofs in this castle. It’s not so usual to see it, and it blends beautifully. 

The natural elements such as the shore, the waterworks and rockwork are amazing too. 

Finally, beautiful layout in this massive castle. I feel like each tower plays a role on their own, here. 

Outstanding work, man. You should be proud.

This is really cool! I like the colors and the details a lot. Especially the fins above the windows and the dbg tiles on top of the walls.

I lack words! This must have took ages to finish and I can't even imagine the lego collection, the plans, and the amount of perseverance that's needed for such a gigantic build!
Truly epic MOC!

2 minutes ago, Daniel5724 said:

Hi, wow I am really impressed. do you have a moc with instructions to build on this castle to buy?

LOL. Do you have 250,000 bricks laying around?

Edited by Follows Closely

A ridiculously good build!

The scale of the castle, the rockwork, and the surrounding sea are excellent, as is the technique with the battlements.

Also sand red :classic:.

Sheps