Sign in to follow this  
Tazmancrash

Questions about 8285 tow truck

Hey there all.

I have just recieved 8285 tow truck & am currently building it.

I have noted in the instructions & on the bricklink inventory that there are 29 axle jointers. Part number  6538b but my set has 6538c in its place. Yes they both do the same job. Is this a normal change? Are there others out there with the same?

Also my set has most of the metallic parts but the wheels are blueish gray. I know there were a few versions of this set. Are all 10 wheels meant to be the same? My instructions have the glint on all the wheels & tank parts.

Early sets had 10 metallic silver wheels, then some had six silver and 4 BG, then they had all BG. I had some of each, all bought at Kmart around the same time. Yes to the two different types of axle joiner, this was at the time the smooth one was being released so many got those. Also the pin joiner with slot appeared in some of these sets. 

Thanks for clarifying that.

I have ordered the corect jointers & am looking at the right wheels on bricklink now.

Upshot is I'll have some spare wheels to put on the back of my 8258 crane truck when that arrives. 

Oh that's just showing off.

What store did you get the chrome bricks from? I've seen them but always wondered if the layer of chrome screws up the clutch grip of the bricks 

On 8/19/2019 at 7:01 AM, Bricktrain said:

I use Chrome Block City on Bricklink.  Auri has been great, haven't had any problems, unlike some of the other stores whose bricks broke trying to fit them together.

https://store.bricklink.com/Aurimax#/terms

Auri is the man and his products and customer service are superb. I imagine many MOCs here with chrome use his stuff.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:08 PM, Tazmancrash said:

Are you at the Auckland brick show this weekend?

Yes I was, trucks were there as well as some other exhibitors didn't turn up so filled their tables.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:01 AM, Bricktrain said:

dsc_0482.jpg

I use Chrome Block City on Bricklink.  Auri has been great, haven't had any problems, unlike some of the other stores whose bricks broke trying to fit them together.

https://store.bricklink.com/Aurimax#/terms

would there be any chance of you selling just the semi up in the very front ?

Hello @nugnug115

Please take some time and familiarize yourself with the rules you have accepted upon registration, about reviving old topics, quoting pictures, capitalization and asking for instructions/sale.
Asking these questions is always better via PM (once you have reached 10 posts), then bumping an old topic, especially now when we have a contest running.

I will ask @Bricktrain to answer your question by sending you a PM, since you cannot do that by yourself yet.

Thanks.