Sign in to follow this  
PF Remote

Ideas for new powered up app alternative?

Hallo powered up fans,

right now I am programming an alternative app for powered up. My main aim is to make it better than the standard lego powered up app. I would ask you, if you have some cool ideas for the new remote control app? 

I would be very happy about some suggestion. The app will be programmed for android, but maybe I will soon learn Swift, so I can programme a version for IOS.

Nothing specific but I’d look at the H0 scale digital controllers for inspiration.

A recent (June?) Model Railroader had a review of all major systems. That could be valuable read for you!

I'd like the ability to add a sound library.  So if I want to use the motor in a theme park, for example, I could add sounds that relate to a particular attraction (e.g., the Roller Coaster might have screams as the riders near the top)

12 hours ago, PF Remote said:

I would ask you, if you have some cool ideas for the new remote control app? 

Not sure how much of the following is already in the PU app, but be able to control both outputs from one command with the ability to have them either go the same direction or opposite directions. Be able to override the default motor behavior (e.g., so an M motor could run with the "set and hold" of the train controller). Have the ability it so that if the receiver looses connection it will continue doing what it had been doing rather than stopping (but also keep the default of stopping on disconnect).

1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

Not sure how much of the following is already in the PU app, but be able to control both outputs from one command with the ability to have them either go the same direction or opposite directions. Be able to override the default motor behavior (e.g., so an M motor could run with the "set and hold" of the train controller). Have the ability it so that if the receiver looses connection it will continue doing what it had been doing rather than stopping (but also keep the default of stopping on disconnect).

The Powered Up app got a few major updates. There is a general remote layout that you can write your own actions on button presses etc. for.

I'll check it out when I can! 

One thing that i would love to see is something that can automatically slow down the train around curves. I know you'd need a sensor of some sort and i've no idea how it would communicate with the app. 

Yes, this would be possible, I will make some updates soon so you can code the hub like in normal lego app. Technically it is possible:)