TuffTuffTuff

71044 Disney Train and Station

48528394382_42253174b5_b.jpg

Ages 12+. 2925 pieces

US $329.99– CA $379.99– DE €329.99– UK £299.99 – FR €329.99– DK 2499DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Gather the family for a rewarding build and play experience with the LEGO® ǀ Disney 71044 Train and Station. Kids will love to join Disney characters Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Goofy for magical adventures with this awesome LEGO train set, featuring a motorized steam-style locomotive with tender, passenger car and a luxurious parlor car, plus an oval track and an iconic Disney Parks®-style station building. This set comes with an array of cool details, including app-controlled functionality. Use a smart phone or tablet to drive the locomotive forward, reverse and emit realistic sound effects. Joining up the train cars is simple with the magnetic LEGO couplings, and the panels on the parlor car open for access to its detailed interior complete with table, armchairs, teapot and cup. And the fun doesn’t end there! Inside the toy train station building there’s an array of intricate brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO surprise!

• Includes 5 uniquely decorated LEGO® ǀ Disney minifigures with accessories: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Goofy minifigures.
• The LEGO® ǀ Disney Train and Station includes 16 curved pieces and 4 straight pieces of track, locomotive, tender, passenger car, parlor car and an iconic station building.
• Locomotive features a large red fender, red wheels with working coupling rods, a big smoke stack and a driver’s cab.
• Tender contains a LEGO® Powered Up 88009 Hub and a LEGO Powered Up 88011 Train Motor.
• Train and sound effects can be controlled via a smart device. Connect via Bluetooth from the LEGO® Powered Up app.
• Requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
• Passenger car has seating for the LEGO® ǀ Disney minifigures.
• Remove the panel on the parlor car to access a rich interior with table, armchairs, teapot and cup.
• Station exterior features a detailed facade with balcony, clock and 2 flagged towers.
• Station interior features a ticket counter, café corner and an array of brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO® ǀ Disney surprise.
• Easily connect the cars with the included LEGO® magnetic couplings.
• This LEGO® building toy includes more than 2,900 pieces.
• The LEGO® ǀ Disney train toy (in total) measures over 4” (12cm) high, 30” (78cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
• LEGO® ǀ Disney train station building measures over 15” (39cm) high, 14” (36cm) wide and 6” (16cm) deep.
• Oval rail track diameter measures over 37” (96cm) long and 27” (70cm) wide.

Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from 21st August, 2019

48528394142_faed224fc2_b.jpg

48528393767_405984ef0b_c.jpg

48528239746_69edbca639_b.jpg

48528394032_2483cca4a8_b.jpg

Edited for Press Release.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-71044-disney-train-and-station-erstes-bild/84811?unapproved=51623&moderation-hash=57aca369eab52a070731455dbbb62839#comment-51623

Available from august 21

Seems to be 8w+.

The Brick Fan - LEGO Disney Train and Station (71044) Officially Announced

LEGO Disney Train and Station (71044)

Ages 12+. 2925 pieces

US $329.99– CA $379.99– DE €329.99– UK £299.99 – FR €329.99– DK 2499DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Gather the family for a rewarding build and play experience with the LEGO® ǀ Disney 71044 Train and Station. Kids will love to join Disney characters Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Goofy for magical adventures with this awesome LEGO train set, featuring a motorized steam-style locomotive with tender, passenger car and a luxurious parlor car, plus an oval track and an iconic Disney Parks®-style station building. This set comes with an array of cool details, including app-controlled functionality. Use a smart phone or tablet to drive the locomotive forward, reverse and emit realistic sound effects. Joining up the train cars is simple with the magnetic LEGO couplings, and the panels on the parlor car open for access to its detailed interior complete with table, armchairs, teapot and cup. And the fun doesn’t end there! Inside the toy train station building there’s an array of intricate brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO surprise!

• Includes 5 uniquely decorated LEGO® ǀ Disney minifigures with accessories: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Goofy minifigures.
• The LEGO® ǀ Disney Train and Station includes 16 curved pieces and 4 straight pieces of track, locomotive, tender, passenger car, parlor car and an iconic station building.
• Locomotive features a large red fender, red wheels with working coupling rods, a big smoke stack and a driver’s cab.
• Tender contains a LEGO® Powered Up 88009 Hub and a LEGO Powered Up 88011 Train Motor.
• Train and sound effects can be controlled via a smart device. Connect via Bluetooth from the LEGO® Powered Up app.
• Requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
• Passenger car has seating for the LEGO® ǀ Disney minifigures.
• Remove the panel on the parlor car to access a rich interior with table, armchairs, teapot and cup.
• Station exterior features a detailed facade with balcony, clock and 2 flagged towers.
• Station interior features a ticket counter, café corner and an array of brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO® ǀ Disney surprise.
• Easily connect the cars with the included LEGO® magnetic couplings.
• This LEGO® building toy includes more than 2,900 pieces.
• The LEGO® ǀ Disney train toy (in total) measures over 4” (12cm) high, 30” (78cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
• LEGO® ǀ Disney train station building measures over 15” (39cm) high, 14” (36cm) wide and 6” (16cm) deep.
• Oval rail track diameter measures over 37” (96cm) long and 27” (70cm) wide.

Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from 21st August, 2019

Edited by Digger of Bricks

It’s worth noting the width of the open air car and locomotive cab (8 studs!!)

I'm very excited about the set. Setting aside the new inferior wheel design, all around it does look like it’ll be a winner. 

I’m also very glad they designed a true 4-4-0 rather than resorting to a more fantasy, Winter Village Train-styled easy locomotive. 

It’s definitely an immediate want-list set. I can’t wait to get one. 

I think that the motorization is very lazy. You can see that they put a train motor into the tender - and not a large motor into the actual train.

2 minutes ago, Tcm0 said:

I think that the motorization is very lazy. You can see that they put a train motor into the tender - and not a large motor into the actual train.

Personally, I don't really mind a practical solution. The PU under carriage fits perfectly in the tender, so why not. 

HI like it! Also revealed on the same day as my final Disney interview I wonder if it's a sign.

I feel the motorization being in the tender is a good thing because it allows much more customization on the engine.  That said, I still prefer having motors in the engine themselves

Old metal train axles or new plastic ones?  Looks 8 wide.  Also for that price I would have expected more printed pieces as opposed to stickers.

Edited by CSW652

Wow! That's one exceptional set... the colors used are amazing and the set is very well done!  A little on the expensive side but still a set I will get! Nice one TLG!

Very nice train, finally a train again ;) Must have for me but 330€... I better start saving...

Ooooh!  I really like this train, and it's definitely going to be my "once a year" super expensive set purchase for next year (like the similarly priced Apocalypseburg set was this year), and I'll probably try to get it January sometime.

My only two (minor) beefs with it are the price (but understandable since it's actually powered) and the fact that unlike the actual WDW railways, it's standard gauge instead of narrow-gauge, but considering that I'm the resident narrow-gauge nut case, I'm probably also the only one here who even noticed or cares about that part, lol.

Edited by Laura Beinbrech

Looks like a very nice set, although a bit pricey. 

Some things I realized:

• I think this is the first time that Lego officially produced an 8 wide train!
  • The last car has two red train doors (only two left ones though, rather than one left and right version)
  • The two domes use 2 red technic train wheels
  • The new wheelset uses red wheels:
    Bearing-Element_38339_wheel-Red-38340__Tlego-_38339_wheel-Red-38340__Train-wheel

(images are courtesy of NewElementary, check out their review of the set)

Also did anyone else find it strange in Lego's official statement, how much they highlighted, that the train comes with magnetic buffers? Like that's something special rather than how it should be...

Well this is a lot more... everything, than I though it was going to be! 8w, some excellent parts usage around, and the new non-metal-axled wheels IN RED (dang, @ScotNick got there slightly quicker!)...

I can't tell for sure, not even from the New Elementary review, but it looks to me as if the main driving wheels may be on a separate bogie (notice the air gap under the cab) and the leading wheels on another. This seems odd, especially as the connecting rods will look even weirder than they do already. That could be my imagination though. 

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Personally, I don't really mind a practical solution. The PU under carriage fits perfectly in the tender, so why not.

I agree; with the PU system not requiring a separate receiver unit, why not place all the electronic components (all two of them!) in the same place, allowing the loco to be whatever shape it fancies. Also allows a completely custom loco to be built and motorized simply by coupling it with this ready-made tender.

All in all, certainly an interesting set from LEGO.

57 minutes ago, ColletArrow said:

I can't tell for sure, not even from the New Elementary review, but it looks to me as if the main driving wheels may be on a separate bogie (notice the air gap under the cab) and the leading wheels on another. This seems odd, especially as the connecting rods will look even weirder than they do already. That could be my imagination though. 

I was thinking the same thing and it looks like it could be. That would mean the driving wheels could be bogie and since the front wheels are a bogie that will really help the locomotive corner the R40's especially considering all the added friction from the new wheels sets. 

Just wondering what the likelihood of removing the small tab on the inside of the bearing element to make way for a metal axle and sticking a ball-bearing in the wider part of the holder right next to the wheel....using the old wheels on the metal axle that is...

Edited by ALCO
additional thought

1 hour ago, ScotNick said:

Looks like a very nice set, although a bit pricey. 

Some things I realized:

• I think this is the first time that Lego officially produced an 8 wide train!
  • The last car has two red train doors (only two left ones though, rather than one left and right version)
  • The two domes use 2 red technic train wheels
  • The new wheelset uses red wheels:

(images are courtesy of NewElementary, check out their review of the set)

Also did anyone else find it strange in Lego's official statement, how much they highlighted, that the train comes with magnetic buffers? Like that's something special rather than how it should be...

It actually is even 10 wide at the cylinders of the locomotive. I always limit myself to 6/7 wide, but maybe this will win me over forever :)

The wheels are really a nice treat for us LEGO Train enthusiasts.

I like the looks of it. I don't know much about lego trains, I've only got the recent Harry Potter and winter Village sets... But neither of those came with magnets. I thought lego stopped using magnets because swallowing them could be poisonous or something? (obviously accidental swallowing, not purposely eating them :laugh:

It's a shame about the Disney tax, but for what looks to be a decent train set and station, the price is still acceptable, just.. 

Will this be an exclusive or could it possibly be found on sale on amazon at a later date? Wondering whether its worth using my vip points against this or save them for the next modular/star wars ucs set which I typically never find on sale... 

@Fuppylodders: that is why they abandoned loose magnets but they have used these magnets that are connected to the buffer with a screw already for quite some years now. Maybe a bigger issue is that if they don't want to use buffers they can't use magnets anymore (as then they would again need separate magnets which are a risk), buffers are mainly used in European-style trains you know.

11 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Will this be an exclusive or could it possibly be found on sale on amazon at a later date? Wondering whether its worth using my vip points against this or save them for the next modular/star wars ucs set which I typically never find on sale... 

If it's anything like the Disney Castle, a price drop seems very unlikely, at least for online retailers around here, Disney Castle is out for 3 years, cheapest being LEGO themselves. €350.

Other websites last known prices are €400 and €450 *oh2*

Edited by TeriXeri

More pieces than what I initially thought when I saw the pictures. Not a bad set.

8 studs wide :cry_sad:

It must be smaller, not wider than other trains. It will look strange whenever another train is nearby. And it will get stuck at all existing platforms. Congratulations to Lego to produce a set that is incompatible with virtually any existing Lego train layout. They mess up a set that should have been a no-brainer. It's unbelievable. It's a set for beginners who don't notice that the scale is horribly wrong. I bet all train fans will be very disappointed once they run the train the first time and notice all the flaws.

Maybe it was difficult or even impossible to make the train look good at a smaller scale. But if they cannot do it right, they shouldn't do it all and release something else.

And as usual: price, stickers, plastic axles, ... nothing is done right in this set.