Sign in to follow this  
Dzoni90

Orange Plantation

Hi all, I have a new creation!

Baron Nicolas visiting his close friend, madame Josephine at her orange plantation. :wink:

P.S. Idea for this creation comes to me after watching "Stealing Beauty" with Liv Tyler, and beautiful Tuscany.

48512119206_f26d5dc06c_z.jpg

Orange Plantation by Nikola Đurić, on Flickr

48512299002_d8e7839cf9_z.jpg

48512299567_ce2632d536_z.jpg

48512120911_82c8ae54af_z.jpg

48512297847_9f95fd17f8_z.jpg

Nice plantation !

I really like how the house is dominating the fields and how you progressively go down through the road to the orange orchard. 

A great build !

Really lovely plantation. I like how you have built the level up to the house and how the path meanders up the hill. The vine covered balcony is a nice touch and of course the plentiful oranges really make the scene. Great work!

Lovely build! The house is very nice, but the orange trees are the real masterpiece, simple but effective! The minifig posing is very good too. I would only suggest to add some close up photos, I think they would add a lot.

Cool idea for a plantation!  Good work on the house, especially your choice of colors with the dark orange section and the dark red roof.

A great MOC, with a good mix of scenery and structures.

The orange trees could use a wider stem, but other than that they are really well done. I love the amount of activity going on.

The house though... just wow.:wub:

Brilliant stuff all around! Is this to be licensed for the game?

I really like the Ivy crawling up the column and onto the Veranda roof.
But those ladders.. such a simple and effective use of bricks! I'm putting that one up my sleeve for future use.

Thank you all for kind comments and thank you @Faladrin for front page, it is really a nice feeling :classic:

@Darnok, what do you mean under licensed for the game? I am Oleon member. I am not that much active member, but if I need something to do, just tell me :wink:

41 minutes ago, Dzoni90 said:

@Darnok, what do you mean under licensed for the game? I am Oleon member. I am not that much active member, but if I need something to do, just tell me :wink:

I mean the EGS part of the game. The size of this build is 64x48 studs, so (with some leeway) would be a medium sized plantation in EGS terms. If you want it to "produce" income for your account, you first have to license it. If you are unclear about the licensing process either I or one of your fellow Oleon players can help you.

11 hours ago, Darnok said:

either I or one of your fellow Oleon players can help you.

Maybe not me though. My Sig is currently resting in debtor's prison...

Great plantation and house and GZ on it being front-paged!

@Ross Fisher Check the "Estates General" my indebted friend!

Edited by blackdeathgr

2 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Is it the first orange plantation we see in BOBS?

From what I could find: yes it is. Which I find to be a bit odd, with oranges being so common in tropical environments, and the role they played during our own Age Of Discovery due to the prevention of scurvy. But hey, you made me update my Plants Index with another entry, and hopefully others will get inspired to do some more plantations of their own. An Orangery would also be a great and highly time-appropriate building project. :pir-classic:

Edited by Darnok

Beautiful build all around. The elevated house is lovely and the orange trees fill the scene with color. Well done.

@Darnok I was thinking that someone had built an orangery (or something similar) - Elostirion, perhaps?

13 minutes ago, Captain Dee said:

I was thinking that someone had built an orangery (or something similar) - Elostirion, perhaps?

I stand corrected, for you are right. A forum search for "orangerie" - despite the wrong spelling - helped a lot. :pir-grin:

So yeah, there is this orangery build as part of a royal property. Thanks for the remark, I would not have found it otherwise! The entry to the Plants Index has been edited accordingly, including the IC background for Fuerte Unido.

Edited by Darnok