Etzel

The Ulfgang Stockade

A continuation of the story from "Pass it on", my Challenge III build, and of the misadventures of Shivering Ettu.

The rebellion of Lord Bleywood and Lord Ulfgang is slowly beginning to take shape. With the help of the mercenaries of Theodore Bruin, these lords are hoping to gather more support from displeased nobles and break away from the leadership of the Steward in Valholl. Defensive preparations are being made as the risk of open conflict draws nearer and in Ulfgang land the stockades are being erected in all strategic places. According to the lord's deal Lord Bleywood has sent a group of prisoners to his ally to be used as workforce in the constructions.

800x621.jpg

800x653.jpg

800x589.jpg

It's mostly just an excuse to show of my Ulfgang faction. Wolfpack shields and insignia, with dark red and dark green colors, and the nice tartan printed legs from Tartan Batman.

I have a few ideas on how to bring this story forward, but I'm not sure how much time to build I'll have from now on. Maybe it will have to be a long term project. I did work a bit with the Mitgardia map to give you a bit of a hint of where this takes place. The map shows the southwest corner of Mitgardia.

Blue+Gold: Bleywood, Dark Green+Dark Red: Ulfgang, Green+Yellow: Valholl, Mitgardia Capital

kS2yaF4.jpg

Nice build and nice story!
I love the design of the Ulfgang minifigs - they all go very well together and form an harmonious clan. 

Very nice all-around!  The groundwork is simple but effective, your trees are very nice, and the use of brown with the tan on top works really well for the fort!  Nice touch with the one log that has the printed tree ring pattern instead of being sharpened like the others.  Nice minifigs, too.  :classic:

Looks very good! I like it how you gave the palisades this feel of randomness, while still appearing very solid. The vegetation is also really well done - the trees are nicely dense and very convincingly build. The landscaping might be a bit on the simple side, but does its job. Maybe some patches of darker and brighter green to mix things up a bit? The minifigs have some charming customisation and work really well. Classy move of using Lloyds hood. It looks like its been made for your character! :wink:

Very nice wooden stockade and bundle of rebellious rogues.  I like how the story elements are coming together as well.

Well done!  I like the mix of the large and small logs for the palisade, and the slightly uneven tops to them.  The small cones on the large logs look a little odd, but I don't know that Lego has made the larger 2x2 cones in tan.  I like the sideways log framing the gateway as well.  The dark brown stems with the white flowers look great, and I like the layering of the dark green wedge plates.  Very nice work.  One question: are you the original artist for the Mitgardian map?  It's probably my favorite of all the Historica maps.

4 hours ago, Grover said:

Well done!  I like the mix of the large and small logs for the palisade, and the slightly uneven tops to them.  The small cones on the large logs look a little odd, but I don't know that Lego has made the larger 2x2 cones in tan.  I like the sideways log framing the gateway as well.  The dark brown stems with the white flowers look great, and I like the layering of the dark green wedge plates.  Very nice work.  One question: are you the original artist for the Mitgardian map?  It's probably my favorite of all the Historica maps.

Thanks! The tan 2x2 cone has been produced, but it's quite expensive in quantities so I chose an easier option. I'm not the creator of the map, that honor belong to Viceroy

Felllow builder, 

What a great build, with an inviting and interesting story.
The factions are very well created - unique colors, faces and accessories. I'm looking forward to hear more about how Ulfgang's story, and to see its progress conflicting the power of Valholl. 

The fort (or gatehouse?) is very well done. Seems accurate in your description of using prisoners to quickly put these defenses up. I love how the logs are unevenly positioned. And they fit well with the wolfpack shields. Beautiful work with the landscape and those trees.

I only hope that whenever I find these gangs on my travels, I'll be well received with ale and bread instead of pikes and arrows. 

Perhaps an agreement with the council of Valnötsträd could be in order to protect the roads in the southwest of Mitgardia. 

Great MOC, mate!

Super cool minifigure combos! The palisade itself looks great, and I'll be sure to remember the way you framed the cross beam over the gate :thumbup: