Given the influx of money and resources Mophet had experienced in recent times, a proper city guard was required to maintain the peace. Soldiers were recruited and trained and finally equipped with standard uniforms. Up until this point, the guards  keeping some sort of peace in the city had consisted mostly of former soldiers who had ventured south in search for pay, and thus had taken with them whatever armour they had on them. The training was overseen by one of the more seasoned warriors, Muhar'Ib, a man not known for being "easy-going"...

48490133556_546b0eac1c_c.jpg

Not all of the recruits are quite as brave as the rest...

48490133686_8c6c1194f7_c.jpg

Nor does everyone know how to keep their focus...

48490133771_ae05f0f6f2_c.jpg

So this is the latest addition to Mophet. I started out with the aim of making sort of a training ground, mostly because I got my hands on some of those new sheilds...haha! I came up with a design for arches which I was pretty happy with so I decided to add a tower in which to use them. I also wanted to try and use all those maccaroni tiles so I came up with a new technique for a roof which I used for the building on the left side. 

Anyways hope you guys like it, thanks for watching!

Cool, I really love the Roofs, and your color coordination is better than ever before here! Even those charming windows have the right color bars! 

I mentioned the macaroni tile roof on Flickr but I didn't say how much I liked the fade from grey to dark tan tiles!  Not something I would have thought of doing but it looks really good!  The foil on top of the tower and the wands for the windows are great too and those birds are so cool, I need to get my hands on a couple!

That's really a great scene! The minifig posing and expressions are well chosen, and the building is impressive. I particularly love the roofs!

Excellent build.  I really like the red round tile roof, looks great.  The broken up floor looks good too.  Nice statue with the wings above it and the little vine growing up the wall.  Neat figs.  Did you get all those shields at build a minifig station at a lego store?  

I really like the window and roof designs. And the soldiers of Mophet look great. Like the muslim army in the Arn movie/series. 

Very nice training ground. I especially like the technique you have used for the dark red roof. The balcony level really adds depth to the scene and the tower is also nicely done. Those new shields are indeed great and everytime I see them on Flickr I have to resist the urge to get straight onto Bricklink!

Nice arches and corner tower.  The different colour transitions on the floor are very nice and the faces are very well chosen.  Its good to see a uniformed force that fits Kaliphlin very well.  The different activities are convincing and the wall textures and that roof are great.  I don't think much of those scimitars though!  Are they the notched and chipped practice ones?

On 8/9/2019 at 4:54 PM, W Navarre said:

Cool, I really love the Roofs, and your color coordination is better than ever before here! Even those charming windows have the right color bars! 

Thanks dude, took a while to figure out the best way to use those maccaroni tiles so I’m glad you liked it. 

On 8/9/2019 at 5:48 PM, Kai NRG said:

I mentioned the macaroni tile roof on Flickr but I didn't say how much I liked the fade from grey to dark tan tiles!  Not something I would have thought of doing but it looks really good!  The foil on top of the tower and the wands for the windows are great too and those birds are so cool, I need to get my hands on a couple!

Thanks! Glad you liked the ground too. And definately get your hands on those birds, they’re awesome! 

On 8/9/2019 at 9:16 PM, Aurore said:

That's really a great scene! The minifig posing and expressions are well chosen, and the building is impressive. I particularly love the roofs!

Thank you very much, appreciate it! 

On 8/10/2019 at 3:21 AM, Eoin Wallace said:

Very nice on those buildings, and the minifigs are well done too:wub:

Cheers, had some fun selecting the faces, haha! 

On 8/10/2019 at 4:22 AM, zoth33 said:

Excellent build.  I really like the red round tile roof, looks great.  The broken up floor looks good too.  Nice statue with the wings above it and the little vine growing up the wall.  Neat figs.  Did you get all those shields at build a minifig station at a lego store?  

Thank you! Glad you liked the statue as well. The shields are from the lego store, bought a few of them. 

On 8/10/2019 at 11:31 PM, mrcp6d said:

Sweet MOC.  Your minifig posing and head selection really brings it to life.  :thumbup:

Cheers man, glad you liked it! 

On 8/12/2019 at 10:24 PM, Zilmrud said:

I really like the window and roof designs. And the soldiers of Mophet look great. Like the muslim army in the Arn movie/series. 

Thanks a lot buddy, I think the Arn movie was probably in the back of my head when I made the figs, haha! 

On 8/13/2019 at 4:20 AM, Ayrlego said:

Very nice training ground. I especially like the technique you have used for the dark red roof. The balcony level really adds depth to the scene and the tower is also nicely done. Those new shields are indeed great and everytime I see them on Flickr I have to resist the urge to get straight onto Bricklink!

Thank you very much man, very glad to hear! Yeah those sheilds are definately getting more and more popular, haha! 

On 8/13/2019 at 6:18 PM, Muakhah said:

Nice arches and corner tower.  The different colour transitions on the floor are very nice and the faces are very well chosen.  Its good to see a uniformed force that fits Kaliphlin very well.  The different activities are convincing and the wall textures and that roof are great.  I don't think much of those scimitars though!  Are they the notched and chipped practice ones?

Cheers man! The swords are absolutely for training, thus the ragged look of them, haha! 

Great work!  I love the colors, and the new macaroni tile technique looks great, especially given the setting.  The uniformity of the trainees is fantastic--I don't know how you collected all those turbans, but they fit well.  The incorporation of all the new elements--the shields, the bird from the CMF line... all great jobs.  The overall scene looks good, too--the main focus is in the center, but if you look at details, you notice the guy with the cat, the obviously high ranking guys on the balcony, the statue, the stone in the courtyard that shows the age of the facility, the slight dark tan discolorations here and there on an otherwise well kept building...they all give clues that the facility is older, but not ancient, and that it's obviously well maintained, probably by the trainees... there are so many stories and implications here in this one build, it's just great.  Keep up the good work!

On 8/26/2019 at 4:44 AM, Grover said:

Great work!  I love the colors, and the new macaroni tile technique looks great, especially given the setting.  The uniformity of the trainees is fantastic--I don't know how you collected all those turbans, but they fit well.  The incorporation of all the new elements--the shields, the bird from the CMF line... all great jobs.  The overall scene looks good, too--the main focus is in the center, but if you look at details, you notice the guy with the cat, the obviously high ranking guys on the balcony, the statue, the stone in the courtyard that shows the age of the facility, the slight dark tan discolorations here and there on an otherwise well kept building...they all give clues that the facility is older, but not ancient, and that it's obviously well maintained, probably by the trainees... there are so many stories and implications here in this one build, it's just great.  Keep up the good work!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the little details!

Very nice layout with the elegant gallery on one side, and sturdy wall on the other. The slight bit of wall relief over the statue looks beautiful, and I love the fig poses you included :thumbup:
Nice seeing someone put the new shield to good use as well!

On 10/31/2019 at 5:59 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Very nice layout with the elegant gallery on one side, and sturdy wall on the other. The slight bit of wall relief over the statue looks beautiful, and I love the fig poses you included :thumbup:
Nice seeing someone put the new shield to good use as well!

Thanks buddy! Hopefully I'll be able to include those shields in some more builds later on :wink: