Vorkosigan

[MOD] 60229 Rocket Assembly - Crane and Truck Upgrades

I really like the new city space line and 60229 is my favorite of the line. But there are two aspects of it that I thought should be improved to live up to the name of the set. The crane needed more range of motion and the truck needed to be longer to actually carry more of the rocket components. I extended the truck by one axle and the length of the bed, so that it can properly carry the shuttle portion and single rocket boosters (they still hang off though). The most serious mod is adding another axis of motion to the overhead crane, built on two baseplates. I used the new rollercoaster tracks for this which worked well. I also built a ramped platform for the truck to bring its bed height closer to the bed of the rocket transporter. Lastly I added a cab and supporting railings and ladder to the crane so that it can actually be operated by someone instead of mysteriously moving on its own. Enjoy and comments are appreciated! 

j2Pbww9h.jpg

uTJXDMeh.jpg

eVJPIzKh.jpg
qUSbUEDh.jpg

VgwCZPrh.jpg
JfsWOgGh.jpg

The crane looked to be one that's operated with a little remote from the ground, but yea, it definitely needed a second axis, and you did it well.

Thanks. I thought the crane could have a remote control but other than generic walkie talkies there was no effort to represent the remote control in the set.