thire5

[MOC] The Burrow - the house of the Weasleys

Hello!

I'd like to present you the model of the Burrow from Harry Potter. It was made by my girlfriend and me and it contains around 5000 pieces (estimated from the weight).

Check out the full gallery on flickr.

The Burrow

I hope you will like it :)

If you like my models, please, check our my facebook page :)

On 8/7/2019 at 9:02 PM, DeCommander96 said:

Dude that's awesome! Great Job and amazing use of pieces

Thank you, I'm happy you like it :grin:

I really like how well this works even though there are none of the characteristic off angles of the Burrow. The patchy textures, slightly weird windows and terrace-placements are more than enough to sell the feeling of the Weasley home. Really well done! 

Now the only thing it's missing is an interior.. :P 

Thank you for your comments :grin:

@Ellisss_2 haha, thanks, it was cooperation so I was not alone :) I did few buildings in the past though, but sure, space & sci-fi is my main topic.

@Kit Bricksto actually, there is one part of the building angled, but unfortunately, it's not much visible on the photos.

it's the front part of the building, which is angled by 2 studs (see the left side and the right side - the number of vertical gray tiles is different).

The interiors... well, perhaps in the future :) 

The Burrow

I'm not the biggest expert on the source material but I know enough Potter to say that this is brilliant and perfect. 

@thire5 Ohh.. I completly missed that! That's a cool detail! I actually meant vertical angles but this slightly wonky bit makes for a nice twist in the beams supporting the "tower" now that I see it!

@Retro Thank you! The original model was not really visible in the movies and it also changed a little.

@Kit Bricksto thanks :) but still it could have more crazy angles, I agree with that.

Quite an amazing build, it’s so large and dense with details, I like the garden and the red roof, lovely texturing! 

You’ve done a great job capturing the shape and feel of the house. Yet, from some angles it feels like screaming at you with that many colors in the upper section. 

I really like the way you have build the roofs.:thumbup:

sander1992: I think that the color are part of "craziness" of the house :grin: