https://sellfy.com/p/xuuhtq/

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-30506/Dugald_Lego/lego-technic-koenigsegg-regera-pdf-instructions/#comments

https://youtu.be/FcyOmARJhdE

Well the teardown of my Koenigsegg Regera is done, instructions are being tested and video is released. Huge thanks to my brother Lachlan Cameron for your amazing teardown photos and killer video edit. Thanks to Justin Wong for being the Guinea pig for the build and your patch notes along the way.

Hey all, soo it's been a very long while since I've posted anything. Probably over two years now, however I have been busy in my spare time. For over two years now I've been working on the Koenigsegg Regera. By far my most challenging build to date, especially considering I've been working on Both and HOG and an RC at the same time. The HOG will be Dark Azure/Black centre with White accents and interior. 

So may I present to you the Regera, it's still a work in progress but everything is pretty well there. It's missing seats, stickers and a few things need adjusting but for the most part it's all there. This car will be on display at the Bricks in the Six Lego convention this weekend so I thought I'd share some early pictures before ones get taken and shared from the show. As always there will be a Video and instructions to follow. But first I need to get the HOG model finished as well. Either way here's some pictures a list of functions. 

IMG-20190806-WA0019IMG-20190806-WA0012

The drivetrain is simple, on the RC it's just drive and steer, no gearbox as the real car is direct drive. 4 L motors for drive and one servo for steering, with a fake V8 in the back, the suspension is where it starts to get interesting, the rear is triplex suspension, unequal length control arms, with integrated sway bar like the real thing, the front is also unequal length suspension, cantalievered with torsion bar and sway bar, the front also raises and lowers a stud and when raising up flaps under the front valance deploy and tuck back up when the car lowers back down.

IMG-20190806-WA0013

The interior the seats slide and recline, the steering moves up and down in the centre console there's a lever which is a brand new concept which allows you to switch between opening, the left door, the right door, or both doors at the same time. Now when you're opening those doors which are Synchro dihedral the mirrors will fold in as the doors open out and upwards just like the real car. The front and rear clam shells will open as well and there's a lever in the back which will allow you to open the front, the back or both at the same time.

IMG-20190806-WA0011

On the rear clamshell is  the rear wing which is on a cam that raises upward and outward and raises out of the back. The roof is removable like the real car, and can store underneath the front clamshell while still leaving enough room for a tote bag. There's also a manual and an RC model the manual model has two gears the dash the first is to open the doors, and the other to steer. The RC model has drive and steering that's hooked up to the fake V8, the doors and the clam shells are also motorized being able to switch between the front and rear or both at the same time. It also has LED lights front and rear. So overall this is a very in-depth detailed and accurate model in sense of functions.

IMG-20190806-WA0016IMG-20190806-WA0014IMG-20190806-WA0018IMG-20190806-WA0020IMG-20190806-WA0017IMG-20190806-WA0015

Edited by DugaldIC

Congratulations Dugald!  You never settled on any aspect of this car and the result is a masterpiece!

This moc could have easily come out a year ago but you tore down the whole body because you were not 100% happy with the mechanics of the chassis.  99% of the world would have been perfectly happy at that point, but you never settled. Good for you buddy!  The result is imo one of the best supercar Mocs I've seen ever.

Well done!  

Truly impressive! The lines, curves, details, lack of holes in the carrosserie, functions and I can go on. My compliments!

Edited by WvG_853
Added “functions”

Wow:wub:

That is a fabulous looking car! I love the headlights, the front airintakes at the sides, the smooth paneling, the red details in the suspension and the functionality.

One question, in the HoG version, will the doors and clamshelf-tops be opened manually or electrically?

The only thing I am not sure about is the red dash. But I guess that can be changed to white or something if wanted, right?

Brilliant model!

Great model. congratulations. I really like the front. But the combination of red and orange is always risky. I have a question, did you use any non-original parts apart from the rims?

Brilliant!!:thumbup:  Great suspension replication and I love that the mirrors move with the doors. Another great thing is the koenigsegg "tranformers" mode, which can be controlled in the same as the real car. 

The bodywork looks very nice!  Great panel and system bricks usage. The front part looks IMO the most accurate. 

My only minor complaints are that the rear diffusor and exhaust look too bulky and that the range of motion of the clam shells is so limited. Have you tried to put the mini actuators more closely to the pivot points? 

I am looking forward to the the dark azure version and the video. 

Edited by T Lego

What an amazing car! Definitely your best one. The shape is almost perfect. My only complaint is that the rear diffuser sticks out too much, the rear should be angled downward towards the inside. Otherwise fantastic!

To watch this model become reality over the past 2-3 years has been an absolute pleasure. Dugald took this car and revamped every single detail until perfection. I personally didn’t think it was possible, to have the wing functional and still be lifted by actuators. To have both the clam shell and hood lift at separate times or together as they are at two ends of the vehicle. To replicate the ultimate party trick and have the doors, clam shell and hood open all at once. Then to figure out all the gearing for not just the motors but in the completely Manual version. This build was 200% designed, debugged and completed by Dugald alone. Honestly watching this car come alive - and all totally working - made me believe in the unbelievable. My hats off to you bro! You nailed it!!! The blue version will be the icing on the cake ?

What a great model, thank you for sharing.  

I am not sure what I enjoy more, the model itself or the story behind it.  Not knowing much of the background, what has been told by others who know you well is enough to put a smile on my face.  I am so impressed with folks that build for the shear enjoyment of it, or to produce something they feel proud of, rather than the sensationalism of attention in a click-happy world.  Patience often is coupled with negative emotion, but in your case, all this patience paid off.  I am very impressed with this build.  

Profile looks incredibly low to the ground.  Especially the second picture.  Incredibly sleek.  I don't know if I missed information on the rims.... I assume they are a 3D print? can you provide some details?  I as well as others am not sure about the red and orange, but at this time that is my only bit of critique.   Can't wait for a video to see it in action.  Im afraid I will need a video to truly understand the suspension.   

What a joy to see this baby born, so finally we can watch your (almost) finished MOC :wub_drool:! I knew from Georg (aka Polofreak) that there´s something serious going on in your garage, wondering what the outcome would look like once presented to us. 2 years of sweat and tears really paid off as we can witness here.

Now not to belittle any of the efforts, but I must agree with Jeroen about the red interior – it´s biting the orange, distracting from the rest quite a bit. The stacked beams in the dashboard are not to my taste as well. The front and rear hoods would be nice if they could open wider for some degrees, but of course one can understand that the range is „naturally“ limited due to the dense body / the actuators´lenghts. The diffuser´s edges could be more curvy and drive more inwards IMO. 

I salute the fact that you´ve taken on the challenge to build BOTH versions, RC and manual and succeeded finally :thumbup::thumbup: I love your individual paneling style filling all the gaps in such creative ways.

Can´t wait to see the dark azure/white version and the video! Instructions budgetted already :wink:.

Edited by brunojj1

Very good and fantastic job!
Finially someone do a almost newest model of Koenigsegg!

Can't wait for instruction!

Stunning Bodywork, everything flows so well. Did you cut off the pinhole of 2 Red shock absorbers for that rear suspension setup? The engine bay shot is just so perfect...

@AFOLegofan66 @WvG_853 @Polo-Freak @Jurss @DutchChris thank you all for the support, I'm glad you like it!

@KD123 thanks man, to have you and lox always there to help make this thing as good as possible has been awesome!

@sirslayer unfortunately no haha 1/8th scale always :wink:

9 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

One question, in the HoG version, will the doors and clamshelf-tops be opened manually or electrically?

The only thing I am not sure about is the red dash. 

Thanks Jeroen, so the HOG is all manual, no motors and the clam shells and doors will be operated via knobs.  As for the red dash is not everyone's taste but I wanted it to stand out and there will be another coming in blue and white. That one will really pop. 

8 hours ago, Samolot said:

I have a question, did you use any non-original parts apart from the rims?

Thanks, like I mentioned above risky but to me it stands out and it'll looks great with its blue/white brother. The ony non Lego pieces being used is the rims and I have made custom rots which fit with those rims, however they are not necessary and can be built with regular Lego counterparts. 

8 hours ago, T Lego said:

only minor complaints are that the rear diffusor and exhaust look too bulky and that the range of motion of the clam shells is so limeted. Have you tried to put the mini actuators more closely to the pivot points? 

I am looking forward to the the dark azure version and the video. 

Thanks. Soo at the rear I'm still most likely going to change some things around the diffuser I'm quite limited as this thing is chuck filled with functions while still maintaining a low profile. However the exhaust might change I just need to make sure it leaves me room to change between front rear and both, as the lever is accessed through the exhaust tip. I'll keep you posted. 

4 hours ago, kubic said:

My only complaint is that the rear diffuser sticks out too much, the rear should be angled downward towards the inside. Otherwise fantastic!

Thanks, so as above the rear I'm still most likely going to change some things around the diffuser I'm quite limited as this thing is chuck filled with functions while still maintaining a low profile. However the exhaust might change I just need to make sure it leaves me room to change between front rear and both, as the lever is accessed through the exhaust tip.

@Lox Lego Thanks B. It's always helpful have a brother with the same passions, you've been a tremendous help and support throughout this whole build. 

@nerdsforprez thanks, I appreciate your words of encouragement and understand the amount of painstaking labour that's gone into this build. The red is a bit different yes but I sure stands out and let's be honest whomever is making this build can change it to whatever colour they wish. The suspension will be gone over in the video. So the rims and there's rotors as well have been 3D printed, having rims match a car really make it pop. However regular rims can be used as well. Also a little fact, to keep everything so low the whole framework is just 6 studs tall beside where the dash begins. 

@brunojj1 thanks Bruno, it's been quite a project, lots of revisions and plenty of hours to make this work. I'm going to play around with pivot points still to see if I can't get them to open up a little higher but I'm happy right now that it all works. As for the dash I've mentioned before it's stands out yes, but it pops and there's also another version and also someone can make whatever colour interior they like. As for the stacked beams, it's not idea but considering the whole roof sits under there I didn't have much depth for making a dash of panels. 

Edited by DugaldIC

The thing i always think gets neglected in car mocs is suspension, for some reason it gets ignored and just the basic suspension added.... not here. I'd love to see some detail around it. Looks like there's a Z anti-roll bar at the rear? Now i'm not a car guy, but the effort made in the suspension over-rides my car apathy!

Its such a rich technic area, anti-roll bars, heave springs etc etc - great to see it on this moc.

Lets see some detail pics around this usually neglected area please!

Being involved in the Huayra Project from start to finish has given me a whole new insight into the MOC building process. I always thought a great MOC took a lot of time and effort but after seeing the amount of hours and the effort Jeroen spent on the Huayra I now realise I realIy didn't have a clue what was involved.

Looking at your Regera, the time you’ve spent on it, the years you’ve spent on it, really show. It’s simply magnificent.

Edited by grum64

Amazing work :wub: I guess you spent your 2 year work much better than me. The bodywork is very clean with zero holes.

And congrats for the frontpage :wink:

Nice moc. I have to agree with everyone else, the red interior and orange body just don't go together. Also what did you do with the red shocks? Did you cut the top off or is that just a regular axle? The exhaust idea is a tad bit cheesy, but I guess that it works. Still very nice.

Edited by Meatman

I have no idea, none-what-so-ever how you guys do what you do, particularly in the Technic forum. And this MOC is beyond belief. I guess I said that here before, but it just goes on and on and on ... @DugaldIC: I am really not into cars, but this model has blown me away. Your building skills and techniques that is. I simply don't get it ... wonderful. There is something else though, which I personally find equally stunning, as @nerdsforprez has so nicely voiced:

7 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

I am so impressed with folks that build for the shear enjoyment of it, or to produce something they feel proud of, rather than the sensationalism of attention in a click-happy world.

And may I add: .. and share the building instructions as if it was the most natural thing to do.

Thank you very much for sharing and all the very best!

(Tipping hat, slight nod, and a little bow)

Thorsten 

@SamuelYsc thanks!

11 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Did you cut off the pinhole of 2 Red shock absorbers for that rear suspension setup? The engine bay shot is just so perfect...

No cutting needed, you have to disassemble the shock to make it work for that perfect look there was nothing that was going to mach it. 

11 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Looks like there's a Z anti-roll bar at the rear? Lets see some detail pics around this usually neglected area please!

Thanks! You would be correct that is the anti roll bar just like the real car. There's also a similar sway bar built into the front, unfortunately it's much harder to see as the framework there is very dense and it's all inboard and cantalievered. 

@grum64 thank you, and thanks for the kind words.

@kweeklust93 I'll post again regarding the instructions and when they're complete. They will be available on rebrickable.

@Charbel thanks, I don't think mine was spent much differently than yours... That Mclaren you've made is flawless!

8 hours ago, Meatman said:

Also what did you do with the red shocks? Did you cut the top off or is that just a regular axle? The exhaust idea is a tad bit cheesy, but I guess that it works. 

Thanks, as mentioned previously the red and orange is one colour option, it stands out and that's what I was going for. The HOG is going to be in dark azure/black with a white interior and yellow suspension accents. There was no cutting involved, you can carefully disassemble shocks and use the springs from them accordingly, the exhaust is something that will probably change. It's one thing I was never fully on board with but it works for now till I have time to change it. Like I said it's still a WIP. 

@Toastie Thorsten, thanks for the kind words. I never realized you weren't into Cars, but I'm glad you can appreciate the build none the less.