Legonaut

[FB] Officers Barracks - Port Woodhouse

In follow of Edward`s captiency promotion he changed his residence from a room in the Ports tavern to the officers Barracks where he now has his stuff. Because he is often on Patrol with his Men to check the bays of Garmas Key the house is the most of time just used by the other officer living there.

http://48445080307_45e49f3d73.jpg

this is my most recent Build, hope you guys like it!

Greetings,

Legonaut

Edited by Legonaut

A great one !

The landscape shaping is really well done, and I like your upper window.

This is a cookie or a coin, lying on the left of the picture ?

Great build! The terrain in particular is very well done, but also the design of the building is nice! Keep it up!

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

A great one !

The landscape shaping is really well done, and I like your upper window.

This is a cookie or a coin, lying on the left of the picture ?

I'm really Glad that you Like it!

It's a Cookie from the Harry Potter CMF Series but with the hand it's a Email :)

1 hour ago, Keymonus said:

Great build! The terrain in particular is very well done, but also the design of the building is nice! Keep it up!

Thanks a Lot for your warm words!

Great take on the Port Woodhouse style. I particularly like the combination of SNOT and studs up curves and slopes to create the irregular base. I have incorporated the clever chimney design into my Port Woodhouse WIP. Nice work and don't forget to post in the Port Woodhouse settlement thread with license status so we can keep track of settlement growth.  Keep up the good work!

Excellent build, Legonaut - there isn't much I can add to what has already been said! Well done!

One thing I will suggest is to see if you can get a bit more light on your photos. I know white on white is hard to photograph, but generally, it seems to me that your pictures are a bit dark. Perhaps longer exposure times (with a tripod) or more indirect light would help?

In any case, that is really nitpicking. Keep up the good work!

On 8/7/2019 at 7:11 PM, Fraunces said:

Great build

Thanks!

On 8/8/2019 at 4:13 AM, Ayrlego said:

Great take on the Port Woodhouse style. I particularly like the combination of SNOT and studs up curves and slopes to create the irregular base. I have incorporated the clever chimney design into my Port Woodhouse WIP. Nice work and don't forget to post in the Port Woodhouse settlement thread with license status so we can keep track of settlement growth.  Keep up the good work!

Thank you sir, really appreciate our little "Port Woodhouse revolution work". nice to hear taht you include that Chimney design! For the licensing, should I license it as small residence or barracks? (Someday someone just needs to help me with all this EGS and Licensing stuff :pir-grin:)

On 8/8/2019 at 8:51 AM, Bregir said:

Excellent build, Legonaut - there isn't much I can add to what has already been said! Well done!

One thing I will suggest is to see if you can get a bit more light on your photos. I know white on white is hard to photograph, but generally, it seems to me that your pictures are a bit dark. Perhaps longer exposure times (with a tripod) or more indirect light would help?

In any case, that is really nitpicking. Keep up the good work!

Yeah Bregir, I know, the photographing is still my the most lacking part of my stuff, thanks for the suggestions, will definetely try this. Really cool to get all that positive feedback :)

2 minutes ago, Legonaut said:

Someday someone just needs to help me with all this EGS and Licensing stuff :pir-grin:)

1. Submit the Build Submittal Form. You don't need to do this to license a build and you should do it for all builds even those that can not be licensed. It gives a small amount of DBs (capped each month). As with all forms, ensure you use your exact username and settlement name (just the name of the settlement - not the island or anything else) as listed in the accounts spreadsheet.

2.  Submit a Property License Form. Again be sure to use the exact names as per the accounts spreadsheet. If you want to license on behalf of the settlement or faction rather than your own name, use either the settlement or faction name in the builder name field. The accounts sheet is live so once the form is submitted you should see the updates after a few minutes (although there is currently an issue with the sheets that Captain Genero is looking into)

3. Post in the settlement thread so that the owner of the settlement can update the settlement size and license status.

With this build, I'd recommend a small residence. If you haven't already used it, you can claim your first property license for free, although you can't use it for a residence so maybe your next build? To do this, when filling out the form simply tick the option that states  "Yes, this is my first small property that is not a residence, mine, or fort"

If you need any help, please let me know!