On 8/14/2019 at 4:42 PM, johnnym said:

Awesome! Exactly what I was asking for a while ago, but maybe in the wrong thread. :blush: Please create instructions when you're finished!

I decided to make instructions after all. Here's the link to the first part PDF (i.e. bag #1):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Poye9GeuJOQlV47LDOyeQYjUKx4KcopX

The instructions are much more compact (I hate the current trend of oversimplified instructions) and I cleaned up the colors a bit, to be less random and more streamlined.

I might take a while until I get my hands on the 3 parts I miss to make the 2nd part..

38 minutes ago, efferman said:

The planetary hub is made by myself too.part

Nice work ;) The Ldraw part is mostly done, but I'd like to solve a part numbering issue before releasing it...

46490a.png

46490b.png

On 8/16/2019 at 4:12 PM, ozacek said:

I decided to make instructions after all. Here's the link to the first part PDF (i.e. bag #1):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Poye9GeuJOQlV47LDOyeQYjUKx4KcopX

Great!

On 8/16/2019 at 4:12 PM, ozacek said:

The instructions are much more compact (I hate the current trend of oversimplified instructions) and I cleaned up the colors a bit, to be less random and more streamlined.

I had a look and like them as they are, good work. Though I am afraid, I'm already missing parts for the first part. Need to recheck...

The XLs are done and step 83 (506 parts) too

800x450.jpg

edit:

the chassis is mostly done

800x450.jpg

Edited by efferman

Has anybody done a version of the 42099 made by old parts like PF stuff and old hubs? 

I like the front axle design. Looks great for crawling. I wonder if it's possible to do with old parts? Perhaps smaller scale too using the smaller turn table. 
I'd love to have a more compact front axle using the turn table + spring combo. 

8 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

Has anybody done a version of the 42099 made by old parts like PF stuff and old hubs? 

I like the front axle design. Looks great for crawling. I wonder if it's possible to do with old parts? Perhaps smaller scale too using the smaller turn table. 
I'd love to have a more compact front axle using the turn table + spring combo. 

yes, see a few replies back.

1 hour ago, efferman said:

Is there a need for arrows and similar?

With the parts highlighting, it looks clear enough! now I haven't tried to build it ;)

Do you intend to publish a list of additionnal parts needed?

4 hours ago, Philo said:

Do you intend to publish a list of additionnal parts needed?

for this i should make a stock LXF and compare it with the mocmod. in meanwhile there is not much identical

edit:

800x450.jpg

here is the .io

Edited by efferman

On 8/19/2019 at 9:14 PM, I_Igor said:

@PetSild IMHO you version is the best solution what I have seen so far :thumbup:

Thank you I am pleased :wink:

I modified the rear axle, now there, too flow the more light :classic:...

DSC_0037_1.jpg

DSC_0042_1.jpg

DSC_0043_1.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

On 8/13/2019 at 6:55 AM, rekreK said:

Does anyone else’s steering center a bit to the left?

I completed the efferman steering and fired it up, was a bit to the left, so went to maintenance and recalibrated, it moves and appears to test the limits, but then returns to off center 

Mine was veering to the right but I recalibrated again and it seems fine.

A lot of the functional :thumbup: improvements, great job and thanks for sharing the manual.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:12 AM, ozacek said:

I might take a while until I get my hands on the 3 parts I miss to make the 2nd part..

The second axle turned out to be much more difficult than the first to retrofit, but I think I now have solutions for most of the problems. It also turns out only two of the original five 1x3x3 connectors blocs are needed, so I'm not actually missing any parts.

I managed to eliminate technically impractical and unsightly tooth on the bottom of the chassis.

In addition, I shortened the size of the front part of the bumper, the wheels climb a vertical wall.

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033_1.jpg

DSC_0038_1.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Heres a portal-planetary hub idea I made:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Now to work out how to add steering

Edited by SNIPE