Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[MOC] The Renegade Cutter

The Renegade Cutter

A tribute to 6268 Renegade Runner

Here is my last MOC. A little Pirate ship : The Renegade Cutter :

roPGulBl.jpg

HWHQU8Zl.jpg

I was heading to a more Pirate ship as I am more used to build for Brethren of the Brick Seas game and have mostly built a merchant fleet.

I was immediately appealed by the old and simple design of the 6268 Renegade Runner, probably my first Pirate ship ever (I had it quite quickly at its release in 1993 way before I managed to get my hands on the biggest ones)

So I decided to stay to a little and classical pirate ship design. Here it is from other angles :

INTfTbQl.jpg

vTflhjOl.jpg

1eSJyjCl.jpg

It has only the 2 hull sections the Renegade Runner has and is using a similar sail plan.

The rigging is strictly LEGO official and the sails are originals too.

I just added a second jib and made more rigging.

I also changed the curves of the hull and made it really different from the original.

Hope you'll like it !

C&C's are always welcome !

I really love this ship..this moc Faladrin get me back to the gold ages of LEGO Pirates sets.. I really want to see this ship with a pirate island!! Great job!! 

Faladrin I love this ... I did a similar version with The Drunken Monkey in BoBS as the Renegade was my favorite ship growing up!

I really like the broadside treatment as well as the look out nest!

Thank you guys for your kind comments ! 

I am not excluding my ship to be heading towards a Pirate hideout... :pir_laugh2:

Great one. As the most realistic pirate ship lego released, pirates never had big ones with big cannons on board, it was also very easy to play with. Solid build and as I had this one instead if the schooner it was them pirates fighting the red coats Sea Lion in the second wave for me. 

It's funny as I build also a new one because of my son's wish

Wow, what a wonderful little vessel :grin_wub:! I love how much of the old aspects of the ship you kept while adding so many small details to really make the ship stand out. I really enjoy seeing the new lantern being used as a back light, it works very well with these smaller ships! 

Now that you've recreated this beauty, do you plan to recreate the Crossbone clipper? I think it'd be amazing to see a recreation of that from you, and I think that ship always needed some love.

On 8/4/2019 at 7:13 AM, Faladrin said:

Here is my last MOC. A little Pirate ship : The Renegade Cutter :

Very good, sir!

But do you have higher resolution images?  Say in the vicinity of 1080x1080px.

Still love your one, still has the look of the old one but with modernised parts. My MOC of this ship turned into a caravel similar to Santa Maria. But it was my intention to do so.

Really like yours too also the colour scheme you kept the same.

Love the inside with the wooden floor look

On 5 août 2019 at 1:56 PM, DonRamon1981 said:

Great one. As the most realistic pirate ship lego released, pirates never had big ones with big cannons on board, it was also very easy to play with. Solid build and as I had this one instead if the schooner it was them pirates fighting the red coats Sea Lion in the second wave for me. 

It's funny as I build also a new one because of my son's wish

Hey !

thank you for your 2 great comments !

I saw your ship,  it's nice too and more to a Caravel style like you said that's nice too.

I chose a cutter because it's close to the first intention of this ship IMO and to stay close to the name too :pir_laugh2:

On 5 août 2019 at 4:11 PM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Wow, what a wonderful little vessel :grin_wub:! I love how much of the old aspects of the ship you kept while adding so many small details to really make the ship stand out. I really enjoy seeing the new lantern being used as a back light, it works very well with these smaller ships! 

Now that you've recreated this beauty, do you plan to recreate the Crossbone clipper? I think it'd be amazing to see a recreation of that from you, and I think that ship always needed some love.

Thank you for you comment !

I am happy you noticed all the little modernisations I've added ! Thanks again !

I was thinking to go to the Armada Flagship but it is true the crossbone clipper would need some love too. :pir-grin:

On 5 août 2019 at 6:44 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I like it. It's got a monkey, so it must be alright.

I am actually working on a ship of similar size right now - using the same hull pieces :pir-grin:

Thank you mate !

A good old pirate always needs a monkey :monkey:

I will look forward to see your ship. Any chance we could have it in Brickmania Antwerpen this November ? I will bring this little one for sure !

On 5 août 2019 at 7:27 PM, Mister Phes said:

Very good, sir!

Thank you !

I am afraid I don't have higher resolution pictures for now. I will try to have some just after I return from holidays.

20 hours ago, iammac said:

:thumbup:

MAC

Thanks !

On 8/5/2019 at 7:27 PM, Mister Phes said:

Very good, sir!

I have bigger pictures if you want yes :

gvlmUjjh.jpg

roPGulBh.jpg

13 hours ago, Faladrin said:

have bigger pictures if you want yes :

Very good!  I ended up posting your Brickbeard's Bounty MOD on the Social Media last week.

On 8/20/2019 at 12:35 PM, Mister Phes said:

Very good!  I ended up posting your Brickbeard's Bounty MOD on the Social Media last week.

Oh great ! Nice ! Thank you ! :pir-laugh:

21 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Oh great ! Nice ! Thank you ! :pir-laugh:

You're welcome!  I'll give it a few weeks and post this one of social media too.