Pchan1983

REVIEW: Ideas 21318 Tree House

After 10 hours of heavy building, finally got his beauty done and here is my video review:

THE GOOD:

• It looks absolutely stunning!
  • Very very challenging build.  The trunk is a absolute beast.
  • Lots of interior details and some techniques that will blow you away.
  • Lots of stunning exterior features as well.  e.g. the stairs, the bridge, the swing.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• Changing season requires some effort and time.  Lots of leaves are locked by other pieces so disassembly are required rather than just straight swap. 
  • The building experience on some parts can be frustrating.  (Alignments!!! and getting all bricks connected perfectly is somewhat challenging)
  • Once built, some interior features are difficult to access.

Overall, this is another great sets of 2019.  The looks ... well so good.  There are lots of interior details as well.  There are great points for you own imaginary story! (Bathroom with so many windows.... hmmm)  But then the building experience is just surprising.  So many interesting techniques but at times can be frustrating as well.  I'm usually a minifigures person but this is a set that I don't really care much even they don't include any minifigures.  The price is high but I think it's worth.  I just wish they included full set to build branches with autumn leaves rather then just leaves as I estimate it will take an hour to just replace the leaves.  Anyway, this set is just too good to pass on, recommend to everyone!

3 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

I'm usually a minifigures person but this is a set that I don't really care much even they don't include any minifigures.  !

I thought there were 4 in there?  Are there not?

6 hours ago, jus1973 said:

I thought there were 4 in there?  Are there not?

There are 4 minifigures.  What I meant is I will not be disappointed even they don't include any.  This is how good I think is the tree house itself.

How do you get this set? @Pchan1983I was inspired by your review to get it and Lego sent me an email that it was back in stock, but by the time I clicked on it, 12 hours after they sent it in the middle of the night, it was out of stock. 

18 hours ago, daiichigo said:

How do you get this set? @Pchan1983I was inspired by your review to get it and Lego sent me an email that it was back in stock, but by the time I clicked on it, 12 hours after they sent it in the middle of the night, it was out of stock. 

Thanks!  I bought it back in 2019 when it first released.  It's getting difficult to find this set because of supply chains issue with COVID pandemic this year.  Is there any Lego store close to your location?  If yes, call and see if they have it in stock. Otherwise your local toy store or amazon (make sure seller is amazon but not reseller) may be selling it too.

21318 Tree House has not been retired as of 3 Dec 2020.   However, it is in demand: perhaps people are army-building this set to get a forest village.

You have to be quick and get an order on the Lego website fast, or use the secondary market.

Edited by CopperTablet