Boindil Lego

Notify me of replies does not seem to work

Hi, i always set the button "Notify me of replies" on green. But i almost never get a notification when someone replies. Anyone an idea what i`m doing wrong? Thanks!

Oh and is there a button where you can see an example of you`re messages before you post it? I only see the big red button "Submit Topic".  Another thanks!

2 hours ago, Boindil Lego said:

Hi, i always set the button "Notify me of replies" on green. But i almost never get a notification when someone replies. Anyone an idea what i`m doing wrong? Thanks!

What kind of notifications are you expecting?  You mean an Email or a push notification?  I.e. a notification which appears in the bell dropdown next to the messages dropdown in the top-right.

2 hours ago, Boindil Lego said:

Oh and is there a button where you can see an example of you`re messages before you post it? I only see the big red button "Submit Topic"

This functionality was available in earlier versions of Invision PowerBoard but there isn't currently an option to preview posts prior to submitting.

19 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

What kind of notifications are you expecting?  You mean an Email or a push notification?  I.e. a notification which appears in the bell dropdown next to the messages dropdown in the top-right.

I mean the bell. This time I got one because you Quoted me. But when someone just response on a messages I don`t get an notification.

19 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

This functionality was available in earlier versions of Invision PowerBoard but there isn't currently an option to preview posts prior to submitting.

Ah thanks.

Edited by Boindil Lego

Ok, let's not quote each other.  I've switched on Notify me of replies so let's see what happens.

I have received an Email notification of updates to this topic.

So therefore the functionality is intended to produce an Email notification rather than a push notification.

But are you receiving Email notifications each time I respond to this topic?

The frequency of those Emails will vary depending upon the settings in your account.

So now we default to basic troubleshooting...

Can you confirm:

• Is the Email address in your Eurobricks account settings the same Email address you're expecting to receive the notification Emails?
  • Have you checked your spam/junk Email folder?
  • Have you been receiving other Emails from Eurobricks?  E.g. when someone sends you a Private Message, are you getting Email notifications for those?