Itaria No Shintaku

Which is the best CMF Series? Thanks for playing

1 hour ago, MAB said:
14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I mean, if they had to have specialized heads, they could've been much more minifigure-esque like they'd been in Brick Like Me...

I don't think normal minifigure heads would have been as popular for the general public (as opposed to AFOLs wanting parts reusability), as they don't look very good compared to other Simpsons toys.

Like I'd said, if they had to have specialized heads, they could've taken more after the designs seen in the Brick Like Me episode instead, having their more intricate facial features printed rather than molded (thereby looking more consistent with the rest of the figure). I mean, Lego might as well have given the physical figures specialized torsos, legs, and arms while they were at it giving them those specialized heads, and yet the Lego-themed TV episode gives the characters designs more true to that of a traditional minifigure??? :def_shrug:

The same could have been said of many of the Disney characters plus lots of other CMFs (aliens, yetis, etc). Just make new headgear / hair pieces rather than use molded heads.

I was never a fan of the way they did the heads in the LEGO TV episode, and think the molded ones look way better. Whereas the traditional torsos and legs are fine. I don't think they need to go "Angry Birds" for the Simpsons bodies.

Ugh... Such a tough round! In the end, I had to go with series 15 mostly because of the animal moulds. Series 7 would have been my second choice though.

I consider series 9 to the best out of these 4 series. Designs look superb, obviously the other series do but series 9 is great! Series 15 was a little lacking imo still good.

Series 17 will flop without a doubt whenever it appears.

Edited by J4ck

This one is hard, but I had to go with 3 for the nostalgia and innovation for the time, even the newer series like 9 or 15 have better minifigures. Bummed I couldn’t vote for 15 but it’s hard to turn down what was my favorite for so long. 

Good round! Series 15 has my vote... I would say this is my second favorite series overall, right behind Series 13. The Faun is amazing figure, and perhaps one of the last truly innovative figures. Shark Suit Guy is one of the better costumed characters. Flying Warrior, Clumsy Guy, Tribal Woman, Laser Mech, Ballerina, Frightening Knight, Jewel Thief, and Janitor round out my favorites.

12 hours ago, MAB said:

The same could have been said of many of the Disney characters plus lots of other CMFs (aliens, yetis, etc). Just make new headgear / hair pieces rather than use molded heads.

Sounds good to me! If done right, versatility and repurposability is always better than one-and-done solutions. :thumbup: :smug:

Voted for series 9 because there is alot of great figs in there including the knight, the bow lady, The cyclops, the alien trooper, space guy, tarot card reader, judge, etc

Another tough round?!? It was very tough to pick between series 4 and series 11 but in the end I just had to go with 11. (So many great minifigs!)

Series 11 is still my favorite series this far, so I went with it naturally. I’ll probably vote for it again too in the next round. 

Series 5 for me, followed by series 16. Some great figures in 5 including Detective, Gangster, Lumberjack, Royal Guard and Zookeeper.

Toss up between series 4 and series 16, but I went with 4 because it was one of my early favorites in the line.  Lots of classic horror figures, which I love, plus the hazmat guy, punk rocker, musketeer, and so on.  Really every figure in that series is fantastic.  Sad to see that both 4 and 16 are so far behind though.  :(  5 and 11 were good series, but nowhere near as great as 4 and 16 in my opinion.

2 hours ago, JJBricker said:

This time around, I had a tough time choosing between series 10 and 12 but eventually went with 10 because of Mr. Gold.

That is the last reason to choose series 10...

Just now, ToaIruini said:

While I understand that I am definitely in the minority, I quite enjoyed the chase for Mr. Gold. He was finally a minifig that no matter how much I looked, I could never find him. Up until that point, I'd been getting bored with the theme and the chase renewed my love for the theme.

10 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Does Mr. Gold even count? I personally don't, as he's not a real archetype, no better than any costumed gimmick CMF.

I have news, please read.

I will attend, as every year, the Skærbæk Fan Weekend so I will be able to make the last group for this round and the game will be stopped until next thursday.
If some of you guys will be there, I'd be glad to meet you in person and offer you a beer or whatever.

See you soon! That's my favourite weekend in all the year! :D