Itaria No Shintaku

Which is the best CMF Series? Thanks for playing

That's funny. The Simpsons S2 is often derided as the worst CMF series ever, yet as it stands it is going through in second place!

I'll admit, between Series 2 and 12, neither one held any particularly interesting archetypes/designs for me; but, Series 12's Swashbuckler and Dino Tracker were somewhat cool, so I'll give it that I suppose. :shrug_oh_well:

New to minifigures so don't have many of them. Series 12 has the most that I would want out of the current round.

I'll vote later on.

Some news on this game: the next group, including the missing series, will be the last for this round.
Series 19 is absent because it has a wild card for round #2 that will start within 6 days.

I didn't have times to give my thoughts on the last group, but I ended up voting Series 13... It's my favorite of all the released series thus far. There isn't one in the group I don't like.

Series 15 is a very close second, and I also like some figures from Series 7.

Out of this new group, the best one is Series 12. Battle Goddess, Wizard, Hun Warrior and Spooky Girl are my favorites from that one.

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

New round!

Since I passed up on it last time for Series 9, my vote's going to Disney Series 1 over Series 16.

Series 16 for me. The baby, the devil costume, Banana Guy was hilarious, Cyborg, wolfpack Rogue, Ice Queen, great animal moulds, etc

Series 16 was the last great series IMO. After that have been good, but never great again

Bad selection for me, as I only really collect the unthemed series. I do quite like 16 though even if it started the trend of three costumes a series...

As I live in the States I never got any Team GB figures but I would have liked to; some of them were great and have no counterpart in the series’ like the archer, gymnast, and equestrian. 

While Disney series 1 and The LEGO Batman movie series 1 were not bad, Series 16 is the clear choice for me!

Season 16 for me. It was actually close with Batman Series 1. While there were more Batman figures that I would want overall - there were a lot of random villains which I see as a waste of time. It was actually the figures that I didn't want that decided this for me rather than those I did want.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:08 AM, ArneNielsen said:

I would say series 11.

But my opinion might be tainted by the fact, that this series were never available in Denmark (or the other Scandinavian countries, for no obvious reason?), so it was a hazzle to get it from Germany.

Its nice that you can buy on the internet, but I missed out on the touch-and-feel...

So strange it not being available from the capital of Lego!

Edited by J4ck

9 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

New round!

Eh, not the most desirable of selection this time around. :sceptic: I guess it'll just be Disney Series 2, though TLNM was a close contender. 

30 minutes ago, JJBricker said:

How could the Simpsons Series 1 top the Ninjago Movie Series!?! It's too bad I got here just too late to vote...

I know right? Tlnm has great figures and the Simpson’s was the first themed series and ruined my hopes at the time. 

1 hour ago, JJBricker said:

How could the Simpsons Series 1 top the Ninjago Movie Series!?! It's too bad I got here just too late to vote...

Because more people liked it than TLNM series. Simpsons S1 was fairly ground breaking. Something people thought Lego would never do, both as a theme and as a licensed CMF, some great characters (esp compared to S2), lots of TV accurate head molds. Whereas TLMN was a waste of a CMF series for me. Loads of minifigures came in boxed sets, but still they did a CMF series. Whereas Simpsons S2 had lots of duplication from S1 and it was clear they weren't going to do the more interesting characters.

3 minutes ago, MAB said:

Because more people liked it than TLNM series. Simpsons S1 was fairly ground breaking. Something people thought Lego would never do, both as a theme and as a licensed CMF, some great characters (esp compared to S2), lots of TV accurate head molds. Whereas TLMN was a waste of a CMF series for me. Loads of minifigures came in boxed sets, but still they did a CMF series. Whereas Simpsons S2 had lots of duplication from S1 and it was clear they weren't going to do the more interesting characters.

Ok, I must admit that I'm a bit biased considering I never cared for the T.V. show anyway. Though in terms of usability for non-licensed things, TLNM definitely tops the Simpsons.

Just now, JJBricker said:

Ok, I must admit that I'm a bit biased considering I never cared for the T.V. show anyway. Though in terms of usability for non-licensed things, TLNM definitely tops the Simpsons.

My distaste for the Series and the LEGO Simpsons theme overall comes primarily from those abhorrently specialized heads... :thumbdown: :sick:

19 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

My distaste for the Series and the LEGO Simpsons theme overall comes primarily from those abhorrently specialized heads... :thumbdown: :sick:

Exactly! Great minds think alike.  :tongue:

Edited by JJBricker

Just now, JJBricker said:

Exactly! Great minds think alike. ? 

I mean, if they had to have specialized heads, they could've been much more minifigure-esque like they'd been in Brick Like Me...

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I mean, if they had to have specialized heads, they could've been much more minifigure-esque like they'd been in Brick Like Me...

I don't think normal minifigure heads would have been as popular for the general public (as opposed to AFOLs wanting parts reusability), as they don't look very good compared to other Simpsons toys.

13 hours ago, JJBricker said:

It depends what you are into. I find that there are more reusable parts in Simpsons S1 than TLNM series, mainly because the designs printed on TLNM ones tend to make them unusable for me. The heads may be traditional minifigure ones, but if the prints on the heads/torsos/legs are too specific, then they become less useful.