Itaria No Shintaku

Which is the best CMF Series? Thanks for playing

Great idea with the polls. The winner will undoubtedly be an older series. Licensed themes are overtaking lego at an unprecedented rate and unfortunately cmf is a victim too. Series 19 follows the trend of diminishing quality of unlicensed cmfs. All I see are some random leftover minifigs from this theme (fox girl-tlm2) or that theme (city-firefighter, biker-peoples pack) thrown into the mix or just simple lazy work(rainbow bear, pizza guy). I really hope unlicensed cmfs will be as good as they once were. 

I think that’s exactly what made series 15 so good is that we managed to get great figures and not too many lazy or boring ones. That series really had some standouts like the Winged Warrior, Laser Mech, Animal Control, Clumsy Guy, Satyr, and Tribal Woman. 

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Series 13 for me!

Series 7 is a close second

Well, this time, it's pretty much visa versa for me between those two. :shrug_oh_well:

Really surprised 13 is in last place... I thought that was the most popular considering its historic and fantasy figures. 

1 hour ago, ToaIruini said:

Really surprised 13 is in last place... I thought that was the most popular considering its historic and fantasy figures. 

Me too!  I would have picked it but I went for 14 because I thought it would be more of an underdog and 13 would be a sure thing.  Now I wish I had voted for 13.  This round was a toss-up between 13, 14, and 15 for me.  13 and 14 were probably the best, 13 because of the historic/fantasy figures, and 14 because I love Halloween/horror.

6 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

It is interesting how and why people vote for what they vote for. As this is a SERIES competition, I don't just look at the ones I like in a series. I also look at the ones that I really don't like and score those too. So while a series might have three great characters, if it has three terrible ones it won't score as well as a series with two great ones and one terrible one. Whereas someone else (if they agreed what is great / OK / terrible) might look and say a series with three great ones beats two great ones.

Even though horror is one of my favorite themes, I wouldn’t vote for S14 because I don’t  it was a single theme series, rather than variety. 

At least for me, there’s a spectrum of minifigures between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ and I try to vote more objectively. 

1 hour ago, ToaIruini said:

At least for me, there’s a spectrum of minifigures between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ and I try to vote more objectively. 

Yes, there is a spectrum, but I was making the point that there are different ways of rating a series. Some people will look at the whole series, others will look at what they like from a series and base the series on a sub-set, others will look at whether it is licensed or whether it is themed. There is no right and wrong way.

Although it is always subjective as it is based on an opinion of what is good or bad. Unless you define objectives, but even then it is subjective what the objectives should be. You could objectively score a series by the number of accessories per figure. That count is factual, and cannot be queried by anyone*. However, whether that objective is important or not is subjective. You could base it on the number of City style figures, or the number of army builders, or the number of new parts introduced, or how many torsos can be used with both yellow skin and fleshie minifigures, ... etc. Which is most important? It is a subjective decision.  If we could objectively score these series, surveys are not needed. We would already know the winner. All we need to do is agree on the objective measures. And of course that is subjective.

* Although it might be queried where there are extra parts.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Cant believe Series 13 is being outvoted this bad *oh2*

I thought series 13 was winning the first poll, with all the series’. 

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Cant believe Series 13 is being outvoted this bad *oh2*

If it ends this way ... Series 13, officially worse than the Monsters Series 14!

Just now, MAB said:

If it ends this way ... Series 13, officially worse than the Monsters Series 14!

That would be a complete travesty!

On 9/3/2019 at 10:06 AM, Robert8 said:

That would be a complete travesty!

It looks like it was saved at the last minute. Now it is just as unpopular as Series 14, rather than even more unpopular than Series 14.

I'm pretty biased I think, I generaly don't like the licensed themes, but I didn't realize how many amazing figs came in series 12, I had only just started collecting at that point and only have 2 of them.

It's kind of funny though, looking through the older series and noticing several of the new series being v2 of the figs.

Edited by Raystafarian

Series 12 had many amazing figs and new archetypes, including the gamer and pizza delivery. Also had good fantasy figures, generally just a great series. I have a lot of nostalgia for Series 2 however as that’s only when I started collecting. I also like the Ninjago series quite a bit, but it’s not entirely what I want. So really 12 is the best option. 

Series 12, hands down.  So many amazing figures, I don't think there was a single one I didn't like.  One of my favorite series of all-time.

Series 12, but I'll vote for Series 2 just to make sure it gets second place!