sdrnet

[MOC] Bavarian Town

48430559621_9a66069177_c.jpg

Among the many ideas written in my "To do list" this time the project of a town in Bavaria prevailed, a well-known geographical area of Germany that I visited only during my photographic journey in the Black Forest several years ago.
The inspiration base is the famous city of Rothenburg; as always I wanted to take inspiration but then re-inventing in my own way.
This moc has required me a job of precision above all for the part of the road base. I wanted to create a pedestrian street with curves, inclinations and slopes.
I built 6 buildings in all: two houses, a bakery, a toy store, a bar / brewery with the little square, the clock tower.
For the bakery and the bar / brewery I also decided to make the furnishings that can be seen well because I left the usual sectioned walls to observe the interior of the houses.
Speaking of numbers, the town has required me 6 months of work, based on 6 bases of 32 and is composed of about 13,700 pieces (of which 990 tiles are 1x2 LBG). There are also 35 minifigs and, as usual in every my moc, some quite rare pieces. It will be presented for the first time in two days in Lecco 2019 (Italy).

Visit my Flickr Gallery with 29 detailed images here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdrnet/albums/72157710027418926

48430560711_d7c740fc30_c.jpg

48430702562_b3e4318a02_c.jpg

48430697837_4ab381e31f_c.jpg

48430698782_fd00e3a3d3_c.jpg

48430699122_2d887bf89c_c.jpg

48430558876_c0c9f601c3_c.jpg

This is a superb effort! It really looks like any Bavarian or Southern inner city.

My only issue is that it doesn't exactly stand out as BAVARIA. We like to take any opportunity to fly the Bavarian flag, the white and blue diamonds pops up everywhere, even as decoration.
If you can get ahold of the Bavarian Man and Woman of the CMF line it would help a fair amount to drive the location home. The Woman would make an excellent waitress for your Biergarten.
And of course the Dachshund coming in CMF 19 would be a great fit as well.

Overall I am super proud that you picked my old home for a build and you did an amazing job portraying it!
I can't get over the attention to detail you packed into this. Your watchtower gate is beautifully executed and I WILL steal some your technique for my own purposes.
And OH MAN that round towerlet addition on the leftmost house in the front row??!!! Dude! YES!

HAH! Just saw the shrine in the wall next to the tower stairs. I can think of several like it in Nuremburg alone right off the top of my head.

Very cool builds Sandro. I've been following your flikr for a long time after first seeing your winter village MOCs. Fantastic job as usual!

What a beautiful looking build! So much to like - from the colourful building designs to the cleverly built roads that really capture the character of a historic town. I especially like the sloping road!!

Excellent work!

Really nice. The buildings are great. Bit I especially like the road work. Very well designed and exevured with the angkes in the road, both horizo takly as vertically. Impressive.

I've been lucky enough to see it live in Lecco, this past weekend: the details level is incredible, you can stare at it for quite some time.

Edited by The APhOL

This looks amazing! Superbly captivated look and feel of typical towns of the region. Just lovely! :classic:

Looks great :classic:

Very nice piece of city, looks very 'German' indeed. Especially the white house in the back with those 'beams'.
Also like the tower with the port and the elevations of the streets. And also a nice terras to sit in the sun with a drink.
Like the Lego shop, nice one. Looks like a very cosy neighborhood.