Boindil Lego

[MOC] Ocerg`s home

After the Ocerg`s worked for a month in the medieval inn "The Golden Key", they go home for a week. Their home is in the other side of the mountain. It takes them 1,5 day to get there by foot. Nobody knows with path they take. It`s a peaceful place where the whole family helps to get things done. They live of fish they catch in the underground lake and vegetables from the vegetable garden. The hut is camouflaged so people have a hard time to find it. There's a hole in the ground underneath the hut, so there's plenty of space to live for the hole family.

48416731621_2dfbefb4f7_c.jpg

Ocerg`s home by Boindil Lego, on Flickr

48416728551_1e223e748f_c.jpg

Ocerg`s home by Boindil Lego, on Flickr

Nice landscaping with all the tan plates.  The hut looks neat.  I like the rock on the back side.  Nice little garden.  Good figs and story too.  

It is great to see other creatures home. Very well built. Thanks for sharing.

the groun looks great..i think the sand green breeks make a good job to this moc. Maybe a chimney with some sand green and light grey bricks

It looks like a reconstruction of a stoneage settlement, with the tusks, low roof and earthy colours. Very suiting for barbarians and orcs and orcish barbarians. :classic:

On 8/1/2019 at 8:41 PM, marvelBoy123 said:

Lovely, the terrain feels very organic and some nice shapes throughout.

Thank you!

On 8/2/2019 at 3:48 AM, zoth33 said:

Nice landscaping with all the tan plates.  The hut looks neat.  I like the rock on the back side.  Nice little garden.  Good figs and story too.  

Thanks for the compliments. The hut is rounder then you can see in the pictures. I did not get that right with shooting the photo`s.

On 8/2/2019 at 6:38 AM, Niku said:

It is great to see other creatures home. Very well built. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading en comment ;)

On 8/2/2019 at 8:20 AM, pantelis said:

the groun looks great..i think the sand green breeks make a good job to this moc. Maybe a chimney with some sand green and light grey bricks

A chimney is a good idea. Maybe next time :classic:

17 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

It looks like a reconstruction of a stoneage settlement, with the tusks, low roof and earthy colours. Very suiting for barbarians and orcs and orcish barbarians. :classic:

Thanks. That was exactly where i was going for :laugh:

Great build, man! 

I love the color scheme. Great use of different colors and textures. The natural elements such as the terrain, the vegetation and the rockwork are very well done!

And the orc hut seems accurate for an orcish clan. I find it cool that you used those big white teeth (mammoths?) in the entrance. 

Great work!

That's a great build.  I love the hut and the use of the witch face on the mini.  Did you build the curved slopes onto a net or did you stack them somewhat unevenly to give that texture?  It looks good!

3 hours ago, Grover said:

That's a great build.  I love the hut and the use of the witch face on the mini.  Did you build the curved slopes onto a net or did you stack them somewhat unevenly to give that texture?  It looks good!

Hi Grover thanks for the compilment! I hope this picture clarified the technique i used.

48622433647_ca46ff13b2_c.jpg

Technique of the Ocerg`s home by Boindil Lego, on Flickr

On 8/23/2019 at 3:41 AM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Great build, man! 

I love the color scheme. Great use of different colors and textures. The natural elements such as the terrain, the vegetation and the rockwork are very well done!

And the orc hut seems accurate for an orcish clan. I find it cool that you used those big white teeth (mammoths?) in the entrance. 

Great work!

Thanks! I don`t no where the Ocerg`s found the teeth, but in Lego they can be found as Dinosaur tail :wink:.

Now this is an inspired build! Btw, when I saw this on Flickr I had mistaken it for a Guilds of Historica build because of this. It somewhat reminds me of prehistoric stacked stone homes, I very much like it! The choice of context is also great, with the mostly barren land, some bushes and the small crop field. Great work! :thumbup: