Charbel

[MOC] 1:8 McLaren 720S w/ Instructions

Sneak preview of my 720s custom version which will be complete this week. waiting on some custom pieces that are in the mail and it'll be ready to show.

IMG_6204.JPG

On 2/23/2020 at 5:36 PM, lego_tactics said:

Sneak preview of my 720s custom version which will be complete this week. waiting on some custom pieces that are in the mail and it'll be ready to show.

IMG_6204.JPG

Seen this over on Instagram, this looks fantastic and a great replica. Looking forward to the reveal :D...

@Charbel hi, i cant pm you here so sent you an email on rebrickable, could you check it plz?

Edited by dicujo

1 hour ago, Charbel said:

By the way, Peter Schott ( @lego_tactics) did an amazing wrap on the car :

already see it and that was the reason to summon you;)))

pics are awesome!

PS answered you on rebrckbl

On 3/15/2020 at 10:57 AM, Charbel said:

Hi everyone ! I'm trying to respond as quickly as possible to everyone. By the way, Peter Schott ( @lego_tactics) did an amazing wrap on the car :

The wrap looks insane and so do them custom McLaren rims. Are the rims possible to buy anywhere?

On 3/22/2020 at 9:52 AM, Aman said:

The wrap looks insane and so do them custom McLaren rims. Are the rims possible to buy anywhere?

The rims were custom printed at request.

@Charbel I also am not able to PM you here so I sent you a few messages on rebrickable.  I'm not sure they've come through though and I am very interested in buying these plans.  Hope you're staying safe, thanks!

17 hours ago, marino454 said:

@Charbel I also am not able to PM you here so I sent you a few messages on rebrickable.  I'm not sure they've come through though and I am very interested in buying these plans.  Hope you're staying safe, thanks!

Also replied on Rebrickable :)... looking to build this after Bruno's P1.

new to this site and which to buy instructions for Charbel Mclaren 720s  i lick on the iink but it only sends me back to the page i was on 

help me some one. i can message on rebrickable but what name to you go under

many thanks 

steve

Edited by stevepower2942

Hi.
I have a crush on your wonderful 720s.
90% of the parts are ready, and 100% of the parts will be purchased soon.

I want to send you a prepared picture and buy assembly instructions.

I would appreciate it if you could give me an email address where I can send pictures.

You are the best technic designer!!

Thanks  @Seo-onDaddy, as I said, you can create a rebrickable account and send me all the pictures and screens needed so I can check everything.

2 hours ago, Seo-onDaddy said:

Thank you for your answer.
I'll do as you say.

COVID19 Be careful and wish you good health.

Has anyone tried Charbel's creation in another colour? I think the Azure Blue would look great but doesn't look like they offer this variant on some of the soft flex axles.

42444223963a0a1e9ef6a867c2862ca0.jpg

3 hours ago, Raymonndo said:

Has anyone tried Charbel's creation in another colour? I think the Azure Blue would look great but doesn't look like they offer this variant on some of the soft flex axles.

Some time ago, I looked if this could be possible. With the very limited part availability in this color, I am afraid that huge MODs on the aesthetics will be needed.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:16 PM, Charbel said:

Hello,  I believe I need to give some news. The instructions are 75% finished and I will be trying to provide a part list in the next few days ! Thanks for the wait, it is taking much much more time than expected...

1280x800.jpg

which editor you using here?

On 8/2/2019 at 12:55 AM, Charbel said:

Thank you very much ! 

I agree that the rear end isn't exactly like the real car but I had to make compromises to keep it simple. I am actually very happy with it even if it isn't totally accurate and wouldn't call it bulky. 

Yes you guessed it right, I had to lower the car half a stud at the very end of the development and it made the wheels stick out a bit. So I adapted the soft axles around the wheels to make it better.

So as it have been pointed out, I think I will slightly adapt the rear wheels arches for the instructions version, it is actually extremely easy to do. 

And for the instructions, I will sell them only for people on this site and on techlug to avoid as much as possible counterfeits.

A year late, but do you have a part list for this?

@Charbel I found your complete model selling on aliexpress which makes your proection method useless.

Sorry for the bad news.