Charbel

[MOC] 1:8 McLaren 720S w/ Instructions

4 hours ago, LupoNegro said:

Unfortunately this has already been copied and is for sale on AliExpress  :damn:

Link ?

Look matey, he asked for the link, I'm an old age pensioner its the only way i know how, easy with the sarcasm, I've deleted the post

2 hours ago, LupoNegro said:

ook matey, he asked for the link, I'm an old age pensioner its the only way i know how, easy with the sarcasm, I've deleted the post

No problem, it was better if would have sent a PM with the link to Charbel. 

It would have been better if he had provided advice how to do that than a sarcastic remark, shows some immaturity. Was trying to be helpful to Charbel with my limited knowledge of this forum, next time I will not bother :damn:

Anyway Charbel, I have built it in red, looks fantastic, will try to post a picture if I can work out how lol

I didn’t mean to sound sarcastic. My apologies. But like T Lego said, a PM would’ve been a better idea. Anyway, it was inevitably going to be copied sooner or later. We shouldn’t make it easier to find though, as I wasn’t even able to find it on ali or wish myself. 

Again, no hard feelings. I should’ve worded it differently... :thumbup:

Edited by LvdH

Hi @Charbel

I want to buy this MOC instructions and the part package. 
for some reason I couldn’t PM to your account. 
Please advise. 
Thanks

The best way we can show our appreciation to Charbel's hard work, is to buy the instructions only from him!

Anyone who purchased from him, can see the hard work on the design and that he did not spare any detail, followed by images and text.

Edited by Shlomi-Gondabi

8 hours ago, Shlomi-Gondabi said:

The best way we can show our appreciation to Charbel's hard work, is to buy the instructions only from him!

Anyone who purchased from him, can see the hard work on the design and that he did not spare any detail, followed by images and text.

Thanks @Shlomi-Gondabi

that’s what i am going to do.

Totally appreciate and respect @Charbel’s amazing creation of the 720S. 
unfortunately I couldn’t find a link to the instructions and completed brick-part purchase. 
If anyone knew, please share. 
Thanks

Hoi

Edited by H3nzo

Dear Mr.Charbel,
After I bought your drawings, I finished my blue 720s, and posted the photos of my works in the Baidu Post Bar of LEGO technology. 
Some people came to ask if I could sell the drawings. I guided them to contact you for purchase, hoping to prevent your works from being sold illegally.
 Unfortunately, recently, I found a seller from Guangzhou, Shenzhen, China on Alibaba platform Now.
I can't send you a message on rebrickable, so I can only tell you here.

15 hours ago, H3nzo said:

Thanks @Shlomi-Gondabi

that’s what i am going to do.

Totally appreciate and respect @Charbel’s amazing creation of the 720S. 
unfortunately I couldn’t find a link to the instructions and completed brick-part purchase. 
If anyone knew, please share. 
Thanks

Hoi

Hello. Charbel already post the how to purchase on the top.  

Thank you all for your messages ! Definitely not what I wanted to happen but I guess it is inevitable nowadays.

@Ethan0080 I think it's almost impossible, it could be someone who decided to resell them to somebody... 

1 hour ago, Charbel said:

Thank you all for your messages ! Definitely not what I wanted to happen but I guess it is inevitable nowadays.

@Ethan0080 I think it's almost impossible, it could be someone who decided to resell them to somebody... 

Should i say maybe you should just cut the sells at this moment even some one is asking? Not being mean but a lot of people who is asking for instruction sounds like they dont know anything about rebrickable nor bricklink or even how to purchase parts from reliable sources. Like it is very strange that people with lack of knowledge of these stuff try to do build an expert level MOC. It just doesnt make sense to me at all. 

On 1/13/2020 at 11:09 PM, Ethan0080 said:

Should i say maybe you should just cut the sells at this moment even some one is asking? Not being mean but a lot of people who is asking for instruction sounds like they dont know anything about rebrickable nor bricklink or even how to purchase parts from reliable sources. Like it is very strange that people with lack of knowledge of these stuff try to do build an expert level MOC. It just doesnt make sense to me at all. 

I second that, it's so frustrating to see all these copycats in Facebook groups and I get angry everytime with people who supporting Chinese thiefs and Chinese crap quality. 

how much did parts cost ?  I really want to make this. @Charbel (and i know this is really hard to build, but im a mech engineer student)

Edited by felucar

4 hours ago, felucar said:

how much did parts cost ?  I really want to make this. @Charbel (and i know this is really hard to build, but im a mech engineer student)

800 bucks around 

Can I purchase the instructions still or is it off sale, no response in DMs or read.

Hello, as @Nebulaire said, I have some very important exams coming up soon and I am very busy currently, but I will try to respond to the dms I received, thanks for the wait !

On 1/13/2020 at 4:09 PM, Ethan0080 said:

See, this response doesn't make sense to me as someone who has experience with a few of the more advanced technic sets but has not yet built an MOC and has no experience with rebrickable or bricklink.  It's discouraging.  I guess I could get experience with those sites by starting out with an easier build but why would I do that if I don't love any of them?  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time and effort that goes into any MOC build but I have limited free time and would rather spend my time on one that I love.  This MOC is incredible and I realize that it's going to be an undertaking but I don't think that the fact that I'm new to this should be to my detriment. 

With that said, I think that anyone who would buy and resell Charbel's instructions is despicable.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:53 AM, marino454 said:

See, this response doesn't make sense to me as someone who has experience with a few of the more advanced technic sets but has not yet built an MOC and has no experience with rebrickable or bricklink.  It's discouraging.  I guess I could get experience with those sites by starting out with an easier build but why would I do that if I don't love any of them?  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time and effort that goes into any MOC build but I have limited free time and would rather spend my time on one that I love.  This MOC is incredible and I realize that it's going to be an undertaking but I don't think that the fact that I'm new to this should be to my detriment. 

With that said, I think that anyone who would buy and resell Charbel's instructions is despicable.

lolz...sadly building an MOC is not a cheap hobby. I have to say it this way because building such complex MOC require some experiences. 

So rather sell it to everyone its better to sell it to actual collector instead. I've been in the community for a while and see too many things like that so the designer has no choice but to be cruel to some of the beginner builder. 

On 2/11/2020 at 3:56 PM, Ethan0080 said:

lolz...sadly building an MOC is not a cheap hobby. I have to say it this way because building such complex MOC require some experiences. 

So rather sell it to everyone its better to sell it to actual collector instead. I've been in the community for a while and see too many things like that so the designer has no choice but to be cruel to some of the beginner builder. 

I understand and took no offense...I get that situations like this must be frustrating.