My thoughts are with Ingmar’s Family and Friends.

May he rest in peace.

His work is a genuine tribute to the beloved Model Team series. He will be missed.

Condolences to his family.

That's so sad to hear. His models are a huge inspiration to me.

Condolences to his family.

Condolences to the friends and family who are left behind. May they have peace during this time.

@Jim thanks for sharing this here. I often think that for those of us who have built relationships in online spaces, it is nice to know when one can no longer participate due to death.

I received an email from Esther today, so sad, may he rest in peace. Wonderful person, he now sits next to our creator......

This is very sad. My condolences to his family. Some sort of tribute would be nice

Very sad to hear this. Rest in peace Ingmar and my condolences to his family.

Ingmar was for me one of the references as to what is possible with Lego scale modelling.

Thanks for sharing the interview with him. I’m amazed by his positive vibe. Glad to hear that his wife will continue taking care of his legacy.

He pioneered his niche area of building trucks, perfecting their designs and techniques and inspired many builders me included. He will be missed.

A Lego genius. I have admired many of his models.  His creations will live on.

H

As a good friend from Ingmar, that i can tell you that he have fight for the last 9 months of his live from the disease A.L.S.

He got the most aggrassive from of it and was sad to see how fast it's strikes him, but as everybody knows him, that he was still the positive person as normal and make the jokes about himself.

Saterday, his wife and her son and the family, friends and all of his building buddy's bring him to his last resting place and hope that he come in the brick heaven.

I will miss you my good friend and rest in peace.

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

OMG, he has given the LEGO community so much, including myself with parts my artic lorry. I didn't even know Ingmar had ALS so I am truely shocked and saddened by this news :cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad:.

May you rest is peace Ingmar. Thank you for all your contributions to the community, you will be sorely missed by us all. I hope you are now finally free of your illness where ever you are. I can only wish my sincere condolences to Ingmar's friends and family.
❤️?????

Such a great and inspiring talent. Can't quite believe it. He will be sorely missed :(

Maybe we could create a wikipedia entry for him with contributions from the people who knew him and his work ...

I did not know him personally but this is indeed unfortunate news... may his legacy continue in the wonderful creations he has gifted to us over the years.

Great loss of a great inspirational and talented person. For sure he has left a sign on many of us.

What a sad news to hear.

And also very sad for his family.

May he rest in peace.

Sad news...

I still remember getting a copy of 8436 and seeing later what Ingmar was able to do with those tires. Blew my mind away... Truly genious and inspiring builder.

I have never known about his illness, makes his creations and perseverance all the more admirable. 

Rest In Peace Ingmar! My condoleances to everyone close to him.

Edited by Rudivdk

I had read this sad message yesterday.

I´m proud to meet him 2 times at Expos, one was his last one in Hamburg in March 2019 .

I miss this wunderful guy ! He had to go much to early .

I can only wish my sincere condolences to Ingmar's wife Ester and Family.

I'm lost for words, He was an amazing builder and person. My respect and condolences to his family and friends.